NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

European Event- General Chat

Cheers. Aslong as Zelda is coming out on launch day then Im a very happy man. Im quite happy with the release date as it will give me time to play Baten Kaitos Origins :grin:

BK in Europe? Are you sure?

Hmmm, altogether not too bad, the price is reasonable to an extent. Price of games is a bit disappointing and the fact that it'll be released so close to christmas. What I don't like though is the whole principal behind Europe getting shafted again compared to the rest of the world, but I guess like usual we'll just have to relax and take it.

Go back to your cave troll-

His 100% correct. At these prices the Wii will not sell in Australia, and most likey not in UK.

Price of games is a bit disappointing

Not really, Xbox 360 games have an RRP of £49.99...-> £39.99 on Gameplay.co.uk/Play

So...most likely...

£39.99->£29.99 :smile:

Not really, Xbox 360 games have an RRP of £49.99...-> £39.99 on Gameplay.co.uk/Play

So...most likely...

£39.99->£29.99 :smile:

I forgot to consider Gameplay's price drops for games. Awesome! Hope they'll let us preorder soon.

By the way Stocka, I never see you on MSN anymore. Please come back. I'll cry if you don't...

I forgot to consider Gameplay's price drops for games. Awesome! Hope they'll let us preorder soon.

By the way Stocka, I never see you on MSN anymore. Please come back. I'll cry if you don't...

Yeah, I went over to the site to ask the Live help when we can preorder but the wait was huge. I imagine many people went over there to ask the same thing.

So for a wii+second controller+zedla (the bare minimum a person could have), it was probaly come to something like £270. When shells are added, it could be around £330. Then you have to think about memory making it about £360.

So basicaly it's going to cost me £360....better start saves up fast.

Nooooo, i want elebits!!!

Also, 180 quid for a next gen console isnt that bad. Bit more than i would have liked but still not awful

Wait a sec, is Elebits not a launch title here?

Have no-idea. Not sure if they even bothered to announce the launch-list.

Have no-idea. Not sure if they even bothered to announce the launch-list.

Yeah im confused, did they annouce the launch titles?

The revelation of the launch titles for Europe. Wii Sports (bundled with the console), Wii Play, Zelda Twilight Princess and Wario Ware Smooth Moves (launch window). Those are the first party titles however, with fifteen-twenty third party launch games including Red Steel, Rayman, Need for Speed, Tony Hawks and Super Monkey Ball to name a few.

:/

Is a list really that difficult?

His 100% correct. At these prices the Wii will not sell in Australia, and most likey not in UK.

Sigh. I can't understand how utterly dense people can sometimes be. Only importers give jack shit about excange rates and what it *should* be if dollars would be directly converted to pounds. Both PS3 and Xbox 360 have similarly pumped price in Europe and nobody cares. But nooo, Nintendo "fans" always get overdramatic. NINTENDO IS D00M3D!

:/

Is a list really that difficult?

Lol ok. I suppose it doesnt really matter, like I said Zelda will be eating all my time up..

So for a wii+second controller+zedla (the bare minimum a person could have), it was probaly come to something like £270. When shells are added, it could be around £330. Then you have to think about memory making it about £360.

So basicaly it's going to cost me £360....better start saves up fast.

Why would you need 2 controllers for zelda?

Why would you need 2 controllers for zelda?

And why people are forgetting that Wii has 512 MBs worth of storage space for saves?

Sigh. I can't understand how utterly dense people can sometimes be. Only importers give jack shit about excange rates and what it *should* be if dollars would be directly converted to pounds. Both PS3 and Xbox 360 have similarly pumped price in Europe and nobody cares. But nooo, Nintendo "fans" always get overdramatic. NINTENDO IS D00M3D!

Marry me, please.

It's true. If it were the 360, nobody would give a damn.

The price and date are fine, kinda what I expected...

but...

£45 for an extra controller?? That's harsh. I'll sit and hope for a console price drop before launch, like they did with the cube. Then I'll be able to aford an extra controller :D

£45 for an extra controller?? That's harsh. I'll sit and hope for a console price drop before launch, like they did with the cube. Then I'll be able to aford an extra controller :D

Remember always that you can import controllers from USA. With current exchange rates you get nice discount.

Go back to your cave troll-

ouch :cry:

Why are people getting so touchy about people complaining about the price? Are we all to suddenly decide that Nintendo making extra profit from PAL consoles is fair?

The controllers are so expensive because basically no-one is likely to copy it, there is unlikely to be any third party controllers. So nintendo can charge what they want, no competition.

ouch :cry:

Why are people getting so touchy about people complaining about the price? Are we all to suddenly decide that Nintendo making extra profit from PAL consoles is fair?

Your allowed your opinion. Just don't go too far!

I personally believe the UK Wii date and price is crap.

Too far? maybe.....

The controllers are so expensive because basically no-one is likely to copy it, there is unlikely to be any third party controllers. So nintendo can charge what they want, no competition.

Xbox 360 controllers are only few pounds cheaper, so don't complain.