NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

European Event- General Chat

Hmmmmmm well after the initial shock of the £180 price tag - it's actually not that bad remember a few days ago everybody was thinking £150 for a Wii was a good price and £30 more for the Wii with a game ain't too bad. Just makes you sick the Yanks get it for £132.

only cos they bitch and moan about it-seriously americans are soo stupid they dont realise when theyre getting an excellent deal!

4 days after my birthday :D here's hoping some decent retailers sell it at £200-210 with a game.

Somewhere i read wii get 2 controllers and wii sports for £179.99

its not in the package, you get a remote with one of the games called Wii Play, or something like that.

8 december is nice. 250 euros is to be expected, but 180 quid is so steep considering the 360 is only 199 (right?).

When the Gamecube launch was announced, it was going to be £179. It later dropped to £130 a couple of weeks before release. Just saying like....

Yeah thats a good point man! they might surprise us yet - I'm deffo getting one anyway! with Zelda : peace:

wii play or wii sports???

i want both but which is packed in? surely wii sports?

What's up with you?! It's only 3 weeks longer then America and not 5-6 months like the gamecube! God, why do people always have to complain?

Jeeze calm down! Its almost 3 months from today, thats ages for me. I would have liked it sooner.

Also I have exams starting the 11th (3 days after launch!).......fuck!

Gameplay are already readying themselves for preorder

Yup, they've added date and price. Gonna preorder as soon as its up

The reason why it's £179 and not nearer £150 is because of all the taxes and duties we have in rip off Britain.

Don't forget, if you import it, you could get stung for import duty in which case you could easily end up losing money . . .

Anyway, at least they didn't hold it back until March 2007 - something I was dreading.

Oh, sorry! I thought that you were complaining about that we have to wait longer and stuff. My mistake :)

Yup, they've added date and price. Gonna preorder as soon as its up

Same as, i was considering a US import but i think i'll hold out. Gameplay have always served me well on past console pre-orders.

wii play or wii sports???

i want both but which is packed in? surely wii sports?

wii sports comes with the console, Wii play seems to be a separate game that comes with a controller, I might be wrong though.

Same as, i was considering a US import but i think i'll hold out. Gameplay have always served me well on past console pre-orders.

i'm going to preorder and que up for it on the night/morning-nothing quite like it IMO.

Yeah thats a good point man! they might surprise us yet - I'm deffo getting one anyway! with Zelda : peace:

The 179 price was also met with the same response as this today, which most probably prompted them to change it. That and lack of sutained interest.

So complain for a couple more days, then ignore it for avout a month, and you've got yourself an easy 50 quid.

Hmmmm, not sure about the price tbh, but it could have been worse. The fact that it is out this year and software pricing is good news though.

Methinks I might pre-order rather than import. I'll decide on that soon.

i'm going to preorder and que up for it on the night/morning-nothing quite like it IMO.

I probably will too but I might aswell preorder at Gameplay just incase I can't or something, as if it hasn't been dispatched by the night before i'll just cancel it etc.

The reason why it's £179 and not nearer £150 is because of all the taxes and duties we have in rip off Britain.

Don't forget, if you import it, you could get stung for import duty in which case you could easily end up losing money . . .

Anyway, at least they didn't hold it back until March 2007 - something I was dreading.

It's about £63 higher than the Japanese price not just because of the taxes and import duties in the UK but also because Europe and US are getting the Wii bundled with a copy of Wii Sports. However, Japan is not getting any free games.

SO far away!

I can't believe the price. Thats the big surprise.

Europe getting it last was VERY predictable though.