NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

European Event- General Chat

Another thing : if someone here is actually going to the event, and is able to ask questions :

- with the browser : how is text-input going to work?

- is there a chance that the dvd playback will still come later, but not for free?

- ... I had more questions yesterday, but I forgot.

Is someone from here actually going to the event?

I have a bad feeling about Iwata coming over... It's not because of a first launch because Reggie stated USA was the first, so for what? A apology for the delay to 2007?? a 2006 launch but with lesser games than the other terretories (because of unfinished translations)? I could live with lesser games, but 2007 would be like .... HELL.

3 more hours ....

I have a bad feeling about Iwata coming over... It's not because of a first launch because Reggie stated USA was the first, so for what? A apology for the delay to 2007?? a 2006 launch but with lesser games than the other terretories (because of unfinished translations)? I could live with lesser games, but 2007 would be like .... HELL.

3 more hours ....

Don't be daft.

Nintendo is going to release it in 2006. They've already stated worldwide release in their press releases yesterday, NOE keep reconfirming 2006 ever since E3 2005, and Nintendo's announced plan to ship 4 million Wiis before December 31st won't happen without Europe.

Considering all they announced yesterday they can't change their plans the very next day.

Iwata's coming over to give NOE's presentation more beef. NOE doesn't have someone for us to look out for like Reggie, so Iwata's flying over.

It's interesting Iwata is flying over, it would be nice if he had Miyamoto in his suitcase. ;)

Naked?

-------

3 more hours ....

I actually believe both of them problems would be totally unfair!

Lesser games because of the different languages? That would make Nintendo look like they didn't give two hoots about Europe.

A 2007 would also be rather stupid, and would show Nintendo really do have no-idea how to beat it's competition.

I'll be quite angry if one of this things occur.

Whites good, fits in with their generic "cost differentiation" strategy, setting their console apart from their previous creations, 1st Nintendo console to be White, PORTABLES are not consoles.

Nintendo are obviously following Michael Porters theories of Five Forces Model and "cost differentiation" which I mentioned above.

(Miyamoto in suitcase quote)

Naked?

-------

Nope, but maybe in his Tingle outfit?

I'm sure that the UK event starts at 12pm today. :) No live feeds yet...

I actually believe both of them problems would be totally unfair!

Lesser games because of the different languages? That would make Nintendo look like they didn't give two hoots about Europe.

A 2007 would also be rather stupid, and would show Nintendo really do have no-idea how to beat it's competition.

I'll be quite angry if one of this things occur.

REmember they arn't trying to compete with either the Playstation or Xbox brands.

2007 would be better especially if they give us a larger launch(day one lineup)

as well as more VC games, come on Nintendo said tey were launching 4 on the 1st day in America

I'll wait thanks will be March 2007 at £249.99

White is fine with me. It'll match my white DS Lite. Hopefully we'lll get more good news from the conferance. Can't wait!!!

REmember they arn't trying to compete with either the Playstation or Xbox brands.

2007 would be better especially if they give us a larger launch(day one lineup)

as well as more VC games, come on Nintendo said tey were launching 4 on the 1st day in America

I'll wait thanks will be March 2007 at £249.99

£249.99...thats crazy talk. Knock 100 notes off that and there is your price.

The Guardian, one of Britain's leading newspapers, have recently hinted at some information regarding the Nintendo Wii's release date and price. Although not confirmed, the New York Times article released in the US yesterday releasing similar details regarding the US' Wii launch makes this a lot more plausible.

The article points towards a November 24th launch and a price tag of around £150:

"Nintendo will be announcing the Wii launch details for Europe tomorrow (Fri 15th) and I'll be joining the throng down in London's Docklands. Chances are the story will leak tomorrow morning (it may have done by the time you read this) but until then I'd recommend saving around 150 quid and provisionally booking Nov 24th off work."

After months of speculation, Nintendo's European conference starts at 12pm today where Nintendo will confirm the launch details so stick with Wii UK for the details.

source:wii-uk.net

£249.99...thats crazy talk. Knock 100 notes off that and there is your price.

Fine but you will just get the Wiimote no nunchuk and no WiiSports game

Most users ever online was 593, 09-05-2006 at 06:11 PM.

Can we beat this with todays conference?

Apart from confirmed launch date/price I honestly don't think anything new could be announced. Pretty much everything seems to have been covered over yesterdays events , although a couple of surprises wouldn't go amiss.

Just noticed the Guardian post , I was wondering if one of our more upstanding newspapers may leak something.