NEurope
Fierce_LiNk

European Event- General Chat

You guys know the drill. Same as the Japanese Event, except this thread is for the European Event, which will be happening in about 9 hours from now.

Same ground rules as before:

No Spam/pointless posts.

No flaming other users. Remember, we are all part of a very big family here. Respect each other.

So, post away. Not long to go now, guys. :)

Will Australian Wii details be announced at this conference or separately in an unrelated press release?

Will Australian Wii details be announced at this conference or separately in an unrelated press release?

Australian Wii details will also be announced here as it is also a PAL state. They had these conferences before with the DS (remember...anyoe?) and at the European one they also announced the Australian DS details.

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best but can't help but keep thinkiing of the worst but I know for a fact that it will not be delayed but I don't want to wait all the way until Dec :p (I'm so impatient for it :heh:)

Anyway, I'm hoping for the best but can't help but keep thinkiing of the worst but I know for a fact that it will not be delayed but I don't want to wait all the way until Dec :p (I'm so impatient for it :heh:)

Ok. If it gets delayed, then we now have a scapegoat!

My money is on a sooner-than-Japan-release-date.

As you know people like to buy presents, and less than 25 days for christmas shopping makes no sense whatsoever!

If we're getting it sooner than Japan, I'm betting on 1st of December. If we don't get it sooner, it will probably launch somewhere around December 20th.

It's sad how we have to fly in someone from Japan to speak for us as we don't have anyone good ourselves (apart from Tim, ofcourse).

12 BST (UK time) start? Can someone text me what happens?

I'm looking in your direction Ganon_3 :heh:

I am actually worrying about the possibility of not having the Wii for Christmas. Nobody else feeling this?

Nope I'm not worried:

1. I'm pretty sure ninty won't let us down this time.

2. If they do, I'm importing from America.

I am actually worrying about the possibility of not having the Wii for Christmas. Nobody else feeling this?

Not in the slightest. A world launch doesnt mean months apart. Expect a release date for the end of November.

Also, seeing as the Australian launch details are going to be revealed, here is the time for those in AEST! This is going on colormonkeys 10am London time start.

10:00:00 a.m. Friday September 15, 2006 in Europe/London converts to

07:00:00 p.m. Friday September 15, 2006 in Australia/Melbourne

Thats an hour and a half away! Cant wait!!!11one!

I'm also getting worried :( i have this awful feeling europe will get raped as usual. If they make it 2007 then i'm definatly importing.

So many games i want, and it's christmas! i'm gonna have to do some serious overtime!

***damn you nintendo!!!***

Yeah c'mon be postive! I'm saying 1st December, cos thats whats my source told me! I'm not sure how reliable he is tho. but I just can't see nintendo leaving it any later. it just doesnt make sense to. with all the hype etc... they could get massive massive sales in the run up to xmas, bringing it out later and close to the PS3 launch just seems stupid!

Plus one other little point. Nintendo have said they plan to ship 4 million consoles by the end of the year. Now to me to have such a high figure and not include Europe just seems ridicoulous, so I say roll on the event! WOOOO!!!!

Oh and one last thing, please Nintendo give us Wii Sports with the console!!!!

Well off to work now...I probably won't find out for sure till I get in!

I mean i'll import as well, but if Nintendo don't release before Christmas then they won't capitalise on the PS3 delay and possibly lose sales.

Nintendo is going to release it in 2006. They've already stated worldwide release in their press releases yesterday, NOE keep reconfirming 2006 ever since E3 2005, and Nintendo's announced plan to ship 4 million Wiis before December 31st won't happen without Europe.

Finally, today's the big day!

It's interesting Iwata is flying over, it would be nice if he had Miyamoto in his suitcase. ;)

I wonder what else will be revealed; Japan showed the channels, and America revealed the region-free. Maybe we can get more details on how exactly friend codes work (hopefully we no longer have to put in a code for every game we buy).

I trust Nintendo will release Wii here this year. :) I just hope it's not too far behind the US launch, or I might import.

I won't be able to follow it live ... It'll be a busy day at work for me...

I'll only be able to check in from time to time. I hope you guys will keep the front-page updated as news gets released and not forget that duty in all the excitement.

For those who are able to follow it, I wish you a very exciting event. Let's hope for a good launch date and a good price (although I'd buy it even at PS3 price). And maybe even some extra surprises?