NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

i know but he never said most anticipated games at launch lol

True. But i'm anticipating Excitetruck more then Super Mario Galaxy!

Why? Well it's out before, and i've seen much more of it to get excited about it!

Mario Galaxy can wait, so can Metroid! :D

I remember when I first saw the original Burnout. I thought, "Oh no. Here's a realistic racer; to be honest I would rather go drive a real car." But hey I picked it up and it was fun and silly. The cars are stupid slidy and have some crazy under/oversteer. Crashing was hilarious and it makes you laugh at being crap which is GREAT!

Aggree, I loved burnout because it was arcadey but not forgiving . When you crashed, you sure crashed. It looks like excite truck has been influenced by burnout.

Is this confirmed for launch yet...has not been denied?

itll probably get cheap quickly, along with most wii games. they usually go down by £10 after a month of being out after launch. so getting wii at launch isnt a great idea really.

:/

That's crazy nuts stuff!! Still wanna see people mess up first and see how bad they crash. By the look of things, I'll be doing that a lot at the start!

got some videos off ign earlier today and this game is looking great.

I wonder what mulitplayer options it has. It' be gret to see a 4 player split screen, in a smallish environment with people holding their Wiimotes out like that, trying to steer, would get in peoples way/view thus making it more exciting.

Can't wait for this game.

Excite Truck looks sexual.

The graphics are very nice, and the whole changing landscape idea is very good.

This game would be a must-have along with TP if it had online play though...

I'd get it at launch. But i dont think it will hold its value well.. so may be able to pick it up much cheaper later

Do we know if this is definitely going to be a launch game? I really want this now after seeing those videos! Those jumps were insane!

This game would be a must-have along with TP if it had online play though...
Yeah, I agree. This game absolutely should have a online mode.

Do we know if this is definitely going to be a launch game? I really want this now after seeing those videos! Those jumps were insane!

For US yes, but not Europe :(

For US yes, but not Europe :(

show me where it says not europe?!?!

i'm freaking out here

show me where it says not europe?!?!

i'm freaking out here

read the official european press release ... 20 launch games but does not specify all 20 only mentions a few. SO the fact is we dont know.

read the official european press release ... 20 launch games but does not specify all 20 only mentions a few. SO the fact is we dont know.

thats what i thought.

After watching that latest trailer, this baby is going onto my "get from parents/granny at christmas" list, right underneath Red Steel.

in reality - excitetruck graphicly looks a lot better than any of those screenshots or choppy videos on the net.

HOWEVER the main problem with excittruck, which I noticed when playing it at the uk event at ExCel, is that the controls are too damn sensitive, to the point of it being unplayable. This is not a prob with the wiimote, but rather the game, as warioware had a boss stage where you had to drive/chaffeur a car by steering the wiimote, and that had the sensitivity locked down perfect.

in reality - excitetruck graphicly looks a lot better than any of those screenshots or choppy videos on the net.

HOWEVER the main problem with excittruck, which I noticed when playing it at the uk event at ExCel, is that the controls are too damn sensitive, to the point of it being unplayable. This is not a prob with the wiimote, but rather the game, as warioware had a boss stage where you had to drive/chaffeur a car by steering the wiimote, and that had the sensitivity locked down perfect.

Nintendo are famous for having great QA teams-I'm sure they'll tweak it just fine.

Ignorantly stupid question: does this game have multiplayer, and how many?

Nintendo are famous for having great QA teams-I'm sure they'll tweak it just fine.
It's bound to have a sensitivity option in the final build. (I think).

Ignorantly stupid question: does this game have multiplayer, and how many?

IGN say 1-2 players. But I dont think anything's been announced.

I would consider this if they actually put online play in it, which they should be doing to try and convince other developers and publishers to put online in it, and this would be a good online title, I feel.

The game to me looks bad but really untill I either play it at roadshow or a demo kiosk i am not going to comment on the main part of it.

However I have heard that you don't always win races by coming first, but by collecting enough stars on the level, by doing tree run for example

I never realised you could jump so high in this game. So OTT it's superb!

Can you land on a car on the way down, you think?

It'd be a bit silly if it was only 1-2 players. If it is though I guess we can expect computer opponents to flesh it out. I saw the latest montage on IGN and it looks awesome. NST always rocks when it comes down to music for these types of games. I didn't really like the techno kind of approach Sega took with Fzero GX, I much more prefer the killer guitar solos while i'm pulling off a massive air :). Definately now on my must buy list, let's hope it's a launch game.

The more videos I see of this the more I am looking forward to it.

Only one potential gameplay flaw , does anyone else think that repeatedly bashing the 'b' button after every crash could become annoying and create too much of a stop-start game which may lead to you feeling less involved in the action.

The more videos I see of this the more I am looking forward to it.

Only one potential gameplay flaw , does anyone else think that repeatedly bashing the 'b' button after every crash could become annoying and create too much of a stop-start game which may lead to you feeling less involved in the action.

simple solution is dont crash. The crash scenes in burnout are potentially annoying but you quickly get good enough to only crash once or twice in a race