NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

this game doesnt have enough depth for me, not worth £40

yeah thats what has put me off getting it, bit short on cash at the moment, otherwise would have bought it without a doubt, but can't really justify it when it's likely that I will complete it in less than a weekend.

this game doesnt have enough depth for me, not worth £40

You mean £35?

(they deliver for release date, yes?)

Usually the day before.

I'm not sure about it, but I would like a new game for my Wii, since launch I've had Wario Ware and nothing else.

Think I might just pick it up because I'm not actually bothered about the length of games (I didn't even complain about Luigi's Mansion) and it'll be a sort of new experience.

The Americans really like this game i believe, i read alot of opinions over on gamefaqs and everyone says it's pretty decent. It looks like great fun to me.

..games are as long as you make them really..

Lylat Wars isn't exactly long.. but I think I have completed that more than any other game because I played through it so many times.. it is so good..

I'm hoping Excite Truck is kinda like Wave Race or 1080, neither of which are really long or appear to have many courses, but I have played those games so much, with 1080 Snowboarding and Wave Race: Blue Storm being two of my favourite games ever. I just got so much enjoyment out of playing them that I loved playing over and over, trying to better my scores and times. I feel this could be the case with Excite Truck too, but we'll just have to wait and see. I'm quite looking forward to it though!

Does anyone know the number of courses in this game?

Apparently the game has 19 tracks, with 6 different areas (Fiji, Scotland, China etc.).

So it's probably 3 different courses per country and an unlockable secret track methinks.

Apparently the game has 19 tracks, with 6 different areas (Fiji, Scotland, China etc.).

So it's probably 3 different courses per country and an unlockable secret track methinks.

19 tracks is quite alot. I'm just looking forward to jumping really high...:D

Mexico - 3

Fiji - 3

Canada - 3

Scotland - 4

Finland - 3

China - 3

Bonus - 1

4 Tracks in first cup, 5 in the other 3, plus one extra cup with one course on the second difficulty level

So

- 19 courses in easy difficulty level

- Second difficulty level, with extra course (so, 20 courses in total)

- Mirror mode (harder opponents, too)

- Challenge mode (Gate Challenge: You have to go through every gate - makes a change from boosting as much as possible, and getting big air. Ring Challenge - Go through rings to gain points, you don't have to hit all of them, bonus points for hitting multiple rings in a row. Crush Challenge - Ram your opponents). 12 Challenges in total

- 21 trucks

- Alternate paint jobs for each truck to unlock

Sounds like plenty to me. Can't wait for my first wii racer!!!

Yea, the reviews make it sound like theres 10 tracks, and when those are done, then it's all over.

Yeah, it is. The guys on GameSpot looked like there were having fun when they first got their Wii on that video when they played it.

Yeah, it is. The guys on GameSpot looked like there were having fun when they first got their Wii on that video when they played it.

No they didn't. They somehow managed to make this game look as fun or as awkward as possible. I think I died a little inside when I watched that.

Haha, well I've bought it anyway, can always sell it on Ebay if it's crap.

I expect the game to be amazing. :heh: Am really looking forward to it. Just, I don't think Gamespot did the game any justice. Hmm, we shall soon see.

It'll be good, just don't go expecting a hefty realistic racer (no-one was, surely?). :D

Heh, I completed the game at my local Game store. Granted, the tutorial and some of the beginning races had already been done, but still. It's wafer thin and future bargin bin material, which is kinda sad because what there is to it is a brilliant racer.

Heh, I completed the game at my local Game store. Granted, the tutorial and some of the beginning races had already been done, but still. It's wafer thin and future bargin bin material, which is kinda sad because what there is to it is a brilliant racer.

How long were you standing in the store playing it? or did you go back and fourth?

How long were you standing in the store playing it? or did you go back and fourth?

I was actually there for about an hour and a half, but the stores pretty big so I didn't get told to piss off or anything, but I went for a walkabout cause me legs hurt. I came back after an hour and nobody had touched it, so I asked for the controller and played for another hour. Yes I know.

Aaand, thats that boring story over.

No they didn't. They somehow managed to make this game look as fun or as awkward as possible. I think I died a little inside when I watched that.

OK, I just made that up. I remember them playing it, but can't remember what they said about it.

It's wafer thin and future bargin bin material, which is kinda sad because what there is to it is a brilliant racer.

Thats a bit of a concern as I have been looking forward to this for ages.

Although I was aware it was a bit brief - I just hope that it works out being one of those games that you want to go back to for brief blasts.

I was actually there for about an hour and a half, but the stores pretty big so I didn't get told to piss off or anything, but I went for a walkabout cause me legs hurt. I came back after an hour and nobody had touched it, so I asked for the controller and played for another hour. Yes I know.

Aaand, thats that boring story over.

Nah it's not boring, thanks for the info! So it took you about 2 and a half hours to complete it? but you didn't unlock everything did you?

I reckon it's about a 5 hour game, but has alot of replayability. Shame it's not 4 players..but i suppose that would be odd squashing it all on screen.

My plan is buy it for £30 from shopto, play it for a week and IF IT EXCITES ME TO THE MAX, I'll keep it. If not, to ebay for a refund and I'll get Kororinpa. Did the same thing with Smooth Moves.