NEurope
Stocka

ExciteTruck

Sometimes the musics just loop other times they change like a normal playlist, what's up with that?

It could be that you accidentally selected a song. You have to highlight shuffle without any song marked.

I have Mae, Summer Obsession, Imogen Heap, Keane, Something Corporate!

It's funny how every song works well with every race! :D

I need a new wii game soon and was wondering if I should get Excite truck, is it good, does it have good multiplayer. I was considering buying it or maybe getting sonic or red steel. I already have Zelda, wario ware and rayman.

I need a new wii game soon and was wondering if I should get Excite truck, is it good, does it have good multiplayer. I was considering buying it or maybe getting sonic or red steel. I already have Zelda, wario ware and rayman.

This & Red Steel >>> Sonic

Excite Truck can be a play for hours agmes, or it if better suits you, a pick up n play...If you'd rather have a pretty good multiplayer (3-4 I'm talking) though, go for Red Steel, it's pretty rewarding being able to quickly pop someone in the head.

Does anyone know how to unlock new Trucks?

I couldn't find any pattern yet. To me it looked like you just had to do a certain amount of races.

Does anyone know how to unlock new Trucks?

I couldn't find any pattern yet. To me it looked like you just had to do a certain amount of races.

Nope (appart from the last one)...I wouldn't worry about it though, I never tried to unlock new trucks (appart from last one:heh:) n got them all.

The last is unlocked by unlocking all the other 'skins' of the trucks.

The last is unlocked by unlocking all the other 'skins' of the trucks.

The second to last truck is unlocked in that way.

The second to last truck is unlocked in that way.

Yeah, but that one seems stupid to me:heh:

It's only really .5 of a truck:)

Just did my first 1080º. I'm so happy I could cry. And got all bronze and silver in S rank. This game rocks. All the reviewers should be in jail for reviewing this game so poorly.

I'm still trying to do all the cups on SuperExcite mode. It's good fun, I love this game.

I've got the new bloc party album on in the background, because I don't have an SD Card. :(

Fits the music quite well.

This game rocks. All the reviewers should be in jail for reviewing this game so poorly.

The average score for this game is 7.5 (source: gamerankings.com)

That doesn't qualify as "so poorly"... a 7.5 is= acceptable/good.

Plus the user reviews are a lot better (8.5 average)

It deserves more than 7.5, even though I don't agree with giving scores to games.

It deserves more than 7.5, even though I don't agree with giving scores to games.

The game reviewers are confused themselves about how to review Wii games.

Like for instance, Matt Casamassina of IGN didn't scored Wii Sports very highly, and yet he has mentioned that it's the game that get's more action at his house. On top of that, it became a huge hit in Japan. And so far it recently won 2 awards at the Game Dev's Conference thingy. Users wrote Matt about that and he said that he reviewed the game for those who consider themselves "hardcore" and thus he gave the game a low score. But for casual gamers, he thinks the game should score a lot better.

So I agree... the scores are so relative.

The game reviewers are confused themselves about how to review Wii games.

Like for instance, Matt Casamassina of IGN didn't scored Wii Sports very highly, and yet he has mentioned that it's the game that get's more action at his house. On top of that, it became a huge hit in Japan. And so far it recently won 2 awards at the Game Dev's Conference thingy. Users wrote Matt about that and he said that he reviewed the game for those who consider themselves "hardcore" and thus he gave the game a low score. But for casual gamers, he thinks the game should score a lot better.

So I agree... the scores are so relative.

Ahh, it's all a big mess really.

With reviews on other consoles, it seems so easy. But, I've not read an accurate review of Excitetruck yet. I doubt I ever will, as it seems like many reviewers have read other impressions of the game and just fed off that.

"oh, they've said the lifespan is short. Yeah, I guess it kinda is....6 out of 10!"

Ahh, it's all a big mess really.

With reviews on other consoles, it seems so easy. But, I've not read an accurate review of Excitetruck yet. I doubt I ever will, as it seems like many reviewers have read other impressions of the game and just fed off that.

"oh, they've said the lifespan is short. Yeah, I guess it kinda is....6 out of 10!"

Heh! I dunno if anybody is familiar with "Wii Advance", a gaming site. The editor there usually bases his Wii reviews on ign's reviews... and I suspect he does it because scoring a Wii game is so damn complicated (for them, not us lowly gamers).

I just base how I feel about a game on the feel of it and how much fun it gives etc. Reviewers try too hard to add on things like length & replayability, though they obviously do contribute.

And of course, it's all personal preferece, especially to do with storylines and such, and it depends what mood you're in when playing certain parts etc.

To all those with "S" ranks throughtout Excite and Super Excite Modes:

Is there any need to attempt an "S" rank on Dianmond Cup Crystal Road? Are there more tracks to be unlocked?"

To all those with "S" ranks throughtout Excite and Super Excite Modes:

Is there any need to attempt an "S" rank on Dianmond Cup Crystal Road? Are there more tracks to be unlocked?"

The only 'extra' tracks are the reversed Mirror Mode ones

Heh! I dunno if anybody is familiar with "Wii Advance", a gaming site. The editor there usually bases his Wii reviews on ign's reviews... and I suspect he does it because scoring a Wii game is so damn complicated (for them, not us lowly gamers).

I have never come across that site, but that sounds like a pretty shoddy way of doing the reviews.

Maybe instead of scoring the game they should take a different approach. Jordan did so in his VC weekly reviews for the mainsite. We tried scoring the games, but it's difficult. How can one game on one platform get 5/10, yet another game get 7/10 on another system? It's too confusing.

What he does now is he writes a review and then writes a verdict, where he gives "the last say."

"short lived fun" for example.

I just had a good long session trying to complete my S ranks in Super Excite, all i had left were all the Platinum and Diamond cups, I managed to get an S rank on all Platinum tracks within about 45 mins, i was on a high just one more S rank to unlock mirror mode.

I spent 1 whole hour trying to get that last S rank with no luck.

I came close so many times, needing 200 i got 194 and 196, there was one point i had 170 points was in first place on the homestretch i could see the finish line and BANG hit a tree and ended up in 5th place, DAMN IT, i'm taking a break, my thumbs are sore :heh:

I just had a good long session trying to complete my S ranks in Super Excite, all i had left were all the Platinum and Diamond cups, I managed to get an S rank on all Platinum tracks within about 45 mins, i was on a high just one more S rank to unlock mirror mode.

I spent 1 whole hour trying to get that last S rank with no luck.

I came close so many times, needing 200 i got 194 and 196, there was one point i had 170 points was in first place on the homestretch i could see the finish line and BANG hit a tree and ended up in 5th place, DAMN IT, i'm taking a break, my thumbs are sore :heh:

That's the worst and happened to me many times on Canada Platinum, though the last corner rather than straight:heh:

WooHoo, I just S-Ranked all the Mirror mode. I still have the challenges to do, so this games has certainly lasted me longer than those few hours that some reviewers said.

To those people that have managed to pull of spins above 2520. Where are you doing this and with what car?

I just can't pull off more than a 2520.

Just went out and bought this, pretty cheap. The music is god awful, but it's a pretty good game underneath it all. I don't understand how people can say that it's better than Waverace though, because it's plainly not.

I don't understand how people can say that it's better than Waverace though, because it's plainly not.

Well, Excite Truck is much better for me because I didn't like Wave Race at all - it's even worse than the 1080 games.