NEurope
Tellyn

Endless Ocean

Glad to hear you guys liked reading my impressions. :smile:

Here are some screenshots that highlight the visual difference between the on deck / underwater sections (really not that much of an issue though seeing as 99% of the time you’re diving) and some screens of photos I’ve taken in the game:

eocompareva9.jpg

eo1gn4.th.jpg eo2ax8.th.jpg eo3ff2.th.jpg

This one shows how you can mess with the camera for different depth of field:

eocompare2zp2.jpg

Unfortunately there’s a slight drawback to the photography aspect, in that when you save images to the album they get compressed, so some photos can suffer from colour banding, very visible on the last of the thumbnail images above.

Still a great addition to the game though.

Anyway, had a serious “WOW!” :o moment playing this last night…

…I discovered an abyss but couldn’t go deep enough to explore it at first, afterwards you get new gear which enables you to dive deeper, so I went back and dived all the way down to the very bottom. It gets pitch black and you can only see what’s right in front of your face! There’s an eerie rumbling sound too that really makes you feel isolated and so far from the surface. And at the very bottom you find the graveyard, here’s a pic:

eo4rn3.jpg

Loads of cool looking creatures down there too, like weird neon fish. Also found some fossils and spotted a Coelacanth! Seems a bit easier to find than it was in Animal Crossing. :heh:

It was an incredible experience for me, and worth getting the game just for that part.

I actually felt relieved once I’d returned to the surface it was so damn freaky! :awesome:

Wow...I am loving this game. It's astounding. And I never thought I'd feel so attached to a dolphin before! It's the perfect game to get lost in.

And swimming at night is wonderful. It puts a slightly different spin on the atmosphere and personally makes me feel as if I'm actually a little wary because as you explore the ocean alone at night you feel alienated. Surreally wonderful.

The atmosphere just carves deep into you and before you know it you've spent hours just drifting with the ocean just taking in the beauty of it all. Doing pretty much...nothing.

I love the way you can also surface and just watch the waves ebb around you and watch time pass. Plus the music is hauntingly beautiful. (If a little repetitive).

However, I made a playlist and (thanks to King V) stuck tracks together to make one large playlist. Got some Enya on there too!

'Caribbean blue' is the perfect song for this game. I recommend anyone to get it onto an SD card asap.

Indeed, I'm loving this game. And taking people out on guided tours and looking for specific items is srangely alluring. This is only going to get better too as the ocean is slowly unveiled. :)

I think a special metion has to go to the greatest title screen ever...And coupled with the rolling demo, it is the perfect screen saver ever!! :heart:

IF YOU WANT MY "PERFECT" PLAYLIST I'VE PUT IT HERE:

It's 33mb as it is all ONE tune...it's around 15mins long and is superb quality. I looked up lots of "ocean" type songs. Enjoy :)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/4785702ac0e7bc/

Wow. I'm sold.

I've been looking forward to this game for a long time, but I wasn't sure what the gameplay would be like.

Thanks, RedShell and tapedeck. :) Going to order it online now!

I'll just use Audacity to 'tape' songs together, export it as an mp3 and add to SD. Problem solved.

Do you know of a program to convert music files from wmp to mp3?

Couldn't resist any longer and now shopto have sent my copy so it should be here tomorrow.

Really need to get an adapter/reader for the mac/SD card so I can get a soundtrack sorted.

Wow...I am loving this game. It's astounding. And I never thought I'd feel so attached to a dolphin before! It's the perfect game to get lost in.

And swimming at night is wonderful. It puts a slightly different spin on the atmosphere and personally makes me feel as if I'm actually a little wary because as you explore the ocean alone at night you feel alienated. Surreally wonderful.

The atmosphere just carves deep into you and before you know it you've spent hours just drifting with the ocean just taking in the beauty of it all. Doing pretty much...nothing.

I love the way you can also surface and just watch the waves ebb around you and watch time pass. Plus the music is hauntingly beautiful. (If a little repetitive).

However, I made a playlist and (thanks to King V) stuck tracks together to make one large playlist. Got some Enya on there too!

'Caribbean blue' is the perfect song for this game. I recommend anyone to get it onto an SD card asap.

Indeed, I'm loving this game. And taking people out on guided tours and looking for specific items is srangely alluring. This is only going to get better too as the ocean is slowly unveiled. :)

I think a special metion has to go to the greatest title screen ever...And coupled with the rolling demo, it is the perfect screen saver ever!! :heart:

IF YOU WANT MY "PERFECT" PLAYLIST I'VE PUT IT HERE:

It's 33mb as it is all ONE tune...it's around 15mins long and is superb quality. I looked up lots of "ocean" type songs. Enjoy :)

http://www.zshare.net/audio/4785702ac0e7bc/

No problem : peace: . Audacity is very nice and simple. Anyway, yeah I'm sold too once I get my Wii back I'll be buying this definetly, saw it on shelves and felt so :( to not be able to play it. Seeing this game on the shelves though kind of adds certain 'zing' to the Wii games on show.

Do you know of a program to convert music files from wmp to mp3?

Hmmm...Maybe a program called 'Acoustica' but I'm not sure right now, ask Cube.

Perfect track for it

Staralfur by Sigur Ros

You must have seen The Life Aquatic, brilliant track which matched the mood of that moment in the film.

I've just ordered the game after hearing all of you praising it, £17.99 off Play.com, I can't wait.

yes dire dire docks from mario 64 would be perfect I also agree with enya suggestion.

also watermark by enya would also be brill:)

Perfect track for it

Staralfur by Sigur Ros

Totally agree.

Or something by 'Mew'?!

'The Ocean' by Mae?!!

Shenmue music?!!!

So many to choose from! :D

Hmm more tracks for you lot to add

Smoke City - Underwater Love

Mocheeba - The Sea

:p Do it...thats what I'm gonna do when I get it lol

I've got to admit I'm quite addicted to this game! Somethings about it could be better, but it's really engrossing stuff nonetheless. :)

Does anyone elses Wii make quite a bit of noise when the game loads when you get back on the boat? Just wondering if my Wii is knacking up.

Does anyone elses Wii make quite a bit of noise when the game loads when you get back on the boat? Just wondering if my Wii is knacking up.

Mine does as well! : peace:

I'll be thankful if you can answer these questions...

So...Is the ocean 'Endless'? Is it spherical like a classical world map? Are the oceans based on the Atlantic and Pacific? Can you only save on the boat? Has anyone seen any Blue Whales!? Love those animals, they must look enormous when simming close to them. Are there any seels in this game?

My wii makes a fair noise too. All normal I'm thinking.

At the river - Groove Armada is brilliant for this.

Wierd Fishes Arpreggi - Radiohead is good too.

Donkey Kong Country underwater music is good too.

These are all in one of my "ocean" mixes:yay:

There are hundreds of animals KING V and definately the ones you mention.

And no it's not endless per se.

You can only save on the boat. But you can return to the boat at any time/instantly. (You don't have to swim all the way back to it.)

The ocean is "made up", as in i don't think it is real :indeed:

My wii makes a fair noise too. All normal I'm thinking.

At the river - Groove Armada is brilliant for this.

Wierd Fishes Arpreggi - Radiohead is good too.

Donkey Kong Country underwater music is good too.

These are all in one of my "ocean" mixes:yay:

There are hundreds of animals KING V and definately the ones you mention.

And no it's not endless per se.

You can only save on the boat. But you can return to the boat at any time/instantly. (You don't have to swim all the way back to it.)

The ocean is "made up", as in i don't think it is real :indeed:

Ahh, good enough for me, the animals are life-like right?

I'll be thankful if you can answer these questions...

1.So...Is the ocean 'Endless'? Is it spherical like a classical world map?

2. Are the oceans based on the Atlantic and Pacific?

3.Can you only save on the boat?

4.Has anyone seen any Blue Whales!? Love those animals, they must look enormous when simming close to them. Are there any seels in this game?

1. It's not 'Endless' so to speak. You choose a certain area, and you can swim around it, don't be put off though, the areas are quite some-size...if you go to far away from your boat your told to turn back and you hit a wall so to speak.

2. Not very good a geography, i'm sure it's based on Pacific, but it's not a real ocean!

3. Yes you can only save on the boat, but you just choose and press an specific icon and it immediately takes you back to your boat!

4. I'm sure there are whales in the game, not sure if it's specifically a 'Blue' Whale though!

Hope that helps, sorry for not answering more positively, but i've only just got into it so to speak.

EDIT: And the animals are incredibly life-like! Superb graphics underwater overall!

Oh dear... check out the cheese-tastic US box art:

61vdhu6hvulss500zb4.jpg

:laughing:

Wonder if they've changed anything else.

OMG, you guys could do a N-Europe playlist and release it with megaupload/rapidshare links, or keep updating the tapedeck one.

Anyways... great idea, doing a playlist.

EDIT: ack, tapedeck's just a "compilation" into one track *cries*

1. It's not 'Endless' so to speak. You choose a certain area, and you can swim around it, don't be put off though, the areas are quite some-size...if you go to far away from your boat your told to turn back and you hit a wall so to speak.

2. Not very good a geography, i'm sure it's based on Pacific, but it's not a real ocean!

3. Yes you can only save on the boat, but you just choose and press an specific icon and it immediately takes you back to your boat!

4. I'm sure there are whales in the game, not sure if it's specifically a 'Blue' Whale though!

Hope that helps, sorry for not answering more positively, but i've only just got into it so to speak.

EDIT: And the animals are incredibly life-like! Superb graphics underwater overall!

Thanks for the feedback 'so to speak', I really enjoyed it 'so to speak'...So to speak. :bowdown:

Has anyone seen any Blue Whales!?

Highlight to view spoiler: I have, and a sperm whale. I've also seen a Whale Shark. :)

I do wish the whole area was seamless (as Owen says, you can only swim in an area surrounding your boat's current position). Okay, that would probably allow you to see too much in a single dive, possibly being detrimental to your interest in the game in the long run. Nevertheless I would still prefer it to be seamless. It's a little annoying to spot something, and then swim towards it only for a message to pop up telling you that you're leaving the target area and can go no further. So if you want to investigate something you've spotted that's outside the current dive area you have to return to the boat (thankfully you don't have to actually swim back to it, just select the 'return to boat' option from the in-game menu system), reposition the boat and then dive again.

It hasn't really spoilt the game for me though.