NEurope
Tellyn

Endless Ocean

Well, its artistally pretty i'll give it that. But technically? Probably not.

Still a nice looking game though.

I'd take artistic pretty over technical pretty any day :)
Yeah, there are a few instances when the technical aspect slips up, other than the lack of anti-aliasing on the ship.

I've noticed some pretty bad collision detection occasionally, especially with the larger creatures. Managed to swim right through a whale the other day, and when I grabbed on to it, I noticed several fish / penguins doing exactly the same thing! :heh:

To be expected though really in a game like this with so many different creatures all moving around each other.

Anyway, I made a nice discovery yesterday...

...a sunken ship and aircraft! Really cool rusty environment, and lots of treasure to be found around the wreckage too. The coordinates were H-6 I think, well worth a look.

It's great to still have things like that to find even after completing the game. icon14.gif

I've added RedShell, Gentleben, tapedeck, Pigmarcher, Tales, MarkCullinane, Owen and Ash to my buddy list incase you want a swim some time.

So I "completed" this (finally)...But what a game!! I started playing more after completing the "main" objectives and found many more creatures/positions on the map. I have to say this is up there with one of the most memorable games I've played in the last few years. I beg for a sequel already!

And so..

Things I'd like in a sequel:

Imagine swimming alongside a pier and coming up to find a night time city with reflections of a busy neon Tokyo in the water before diving back into the water into the murkyness.

I'd love some harsh human reality injected into this type of game. The "desert island" setting is beautiful and suits the game perfectly but the emotional impact of placing pollution/animals in nets/6pack plastic wrappers etc would make this a game I would love so much more. Basically more missions would be good.

I love the idea of the ocean harbouring secrets man cannot reach and so the Titanic would be a good site to dive to. Infact, a tour mode of sorts would be excellent with varying places you could visit. Like the harsh North Sea to discover a dormant volcano/WW1/2 crash sites before being whisked off to the Antarctic to film penguins/Whales and finishing in a vast lake in America following salmon migration routes.

Online obviously needs a whooping good rethink too. (Although it is a first attempt). Imagine being able to go diving with 2-10 friends!? And being able to "create" sections of ocean with treasure/animals (kind of like the aquarium i guess). That would be good.

Surely the possibilities are thus 'endless'.

It's actually nice to play a game which feels like it could go on forever and really captures your imagination with it's slow pace and love/respect for nature.

I like the game very much , and i like it even more with Cafe del Mar and Real Ibiza music. :)

p.s. sorry for my bad english :(

Your english was great!:)

--

Not sure whether to pick this up. Hmm...

Just it for £20 in virgin megastore in Meadowhall, Sheffield. Is this cheap?

About the going rate, you can get it cheaper.

Played this yesterday and in the space of 30 mins play had some extremely cool encounters with a rather big animal!

Keeps getting better for me! I love it!

I finally got this game in yesterday. Enjoyed the first 30 mins I had with the game. Its pace is so different. Especially since I'm playing this along with a new round of RE4. No shooting, no explosion, but so beautiful and relaxed. I found myself just swimming around to see what there is to explore.

Definitely like it and for its price, it's a must-buy for those that want something a little different.

Bought it, played it for a few days, zzzzzzzzzzz. Maybe I just don't have the patience but it doesn't take long for the 'awww wow' factor to dissolve and I'm left with.. a diving sim.

Endless Boredom.

^lol at Endless Boredom! :D

Everyones got different tastes, thats fine mate! I'm into Tropical fish and alot of Marine life, so it was always going to appeal to me!

:)

Bought it, played it for a few days, zzzzzzzzzzz. Maybe I just don't have the patience but it doesn't take long for the 'awww wow' factor to dissolve and I'm left with.. a diving sim.

Endless Boredom.

Hehe, i see where you're coming from. It definitely isnt something for everyone. Hope you can still trade it in ;)

Got this for my birthday from my brother (Dropped enough hints. He has a legendary bad taste in games, so just to be sure...), and I quite like this! Relaxing, smooth... I always play in 1st-person. Feels the best to me.

Nothing like a nice, relaxing dive after a hard day of work and stress... Then shred some riffs with GHIII! :grin:

Since my copy of REUC still hasnt arrived yet, Im giving more and more time to Endless Ocean. I've spent quite a bit more time to it and it amazes me how much stuff there is hidden in this game. Well, at least i wasnt expecting so much stuff. I really love the camera and taking photographs, especially since you can only see them once you're back on board again. I shot some seriously bad stuff :P

I seem to discover more stuff and species every time i revisit places. For some it can get really boring, but to me, I like to explore the area, diving around in first person view. Quite addictive actually. Just yesterday, I wanted to have a quick dive, turned out I was diving for 20 mins. And that was in an area without much to see anyway. :)

This is still sitting in my collection but remains woefully unplayed.

I did enjoy it for the first few days but haven't been able to get into it since but hopefully I will find a reason to give it another go as it really doesn't deserve to get ignored.

This is still sitting in my collection but remains woefully unplayed.

I did enjoy it for the first few days but haven't been able to get into it since but hopefully I will find a reason to give it another go as it really doesn't deserve to get ignored.

That happens alot this time of year (and alot most of the year with me and my games actually,lol) but i left Endless Ocean for a week or so, went and played it again and loved every minute of it.

I suggest you do the same.

I HATE rushing to complete my games for any reason, so i rather they'll be on the shelf unfinished until i can get some quality time with them!

Speaking of Endless Ocean, i'll be playing that tomorrow probably, i love it!

I'm gonna bump this because... I got it. Although I had to get in HMV cos I couldn't see it in Game. Its the first time I've bought a new game over the counter in yonks!

It seems good, and definitely a change of pace from anything else. I'm not really sure what to be doing in it, but its decent enough. The bit with training the dolphin has been a low point so far because I had no idea what I was meant to do. Seriously, then after clicking on the screen a lot and shaking the remote alot more, the dolphin (Guillotine) set off doing jumps and "singing." Pretty manic and I was relieved when it all came to an end.

I did some online play and it was quite fun. Even with it being so basic and I never even had the underwater pen or any new clothes or anything, I still had some fun. I'll be trying it out again with the pen to draw some stuff for extra laughs. The game really needed voice chat though, cos my online time involved some texts and phone calls as well as using the incredibly basic pre-set messages.

It is a very tranquil game, and has a certain charm about it. Well when I say tranquil, it has been calm and relaxing except for when I went for a dive with Knights of Cydonia playing, now that was EPIC!

Well gonna bump this up again. Played this for no more than a few hours (just got the whistle and done a bit of training with the dolphin) and so far found it as little more than a distraction from other stuff. I don't sit with it for hours, just have a nice chill and then get on with my day.

The casual nature of this name cannot be understated. It holds your hand through absolutely everything stopping at every possible moment to tell you little bits, calling you back to ship at every opportunity and only giving you one new item or option every so often perhaps feeling too much at once is too much for todays games, anyway if anyone fancies some multiplayer gimme a shout, ill post my friend code later.

I've hardly played this! I'm on it at the moment, if anyone wants to play online, here's my friend code:

5975-2843-1370

Damn, new i should have brought this game with me to leeds =S Ah well in less than a weeks time i should be on this

I'm a bit late on the Endless Ocean bandwagon but finally decided to pick it up got it for £15 from play.com and what can I say other than I love it. I haven't even bothered doing the missions yet i've either explored random areas or followed up on the hints they send you in the email. I haven't found much treasure yet but i'm sure I will the more I explore. For anyone that hasn't got this yet for £15 now is the time!!

It's certainly a gem. If a little shallow (titter).

More of the same would be nice! I'm sure there's something like this coming to the PS3 but nothing else (so far) for Wii. Shame as it makes excellent use of the wiimote. Perhaps when Hayley Westerna has a new single out we'll see a sequel :p

It's been seven long years since last I saw you....

God THAT song. Thank God for MP3 support :p

Great, great title though. And for £15!? Worth every penny.

What songs have you got on your SD? I went for a nice mix of music from water levels in other games, DKC, Mario 64 etc. plus groove armada 'at the beach' which seemed appropriate! :)