NEurope
Tellyn

Endless Ocean

Forever Blue is a diving game made by Nintendo, appearing in video form in the Japan conference video. Not much else is known. Discuss it here!

IGN

Forever Blue (Nintendo, 2007)

Developed by Arika, this diving game uses the Wiimote for performing a variety of diving maneuvers. The ocean changes based on time and season. Using Wi-Fi, you and a friend can meet up in the ocean and dive together.

Is there any other info about that game? I only saw about 3 seconds of gameplay footage. Can't say much about it unless I know more details :P

EDIT: lol thanks for posting that, Dante :p Kinda reminds me of that flying game from wiisports (or was it motorsports?). Really sounds like a relaxing game to play after a day of hard work.

i like the sound of meeting up with another person.

I wonder....anyone remeber that Hide and seek game idea that was posted on here aaaaaggges ago?

i wonder if theyll actually do that

This sounds really fun if they implement lots of other stuff, like identifying loads of fish etc.

Oh god this game sounds as much fun as ripping my liver out with a rusty hook.

Maybe you can create your own barrier reef and then everything goes the AC way :) with your own little island so you have a house to decorate etc. Would be pretty cool, doubt whether it will be like that though ;)

Very original sounding game, could be pretty cool if it works out well, a unique concept with the online thing.

Diving for treasures in sunken ships!

Travelling on the back of an orca!

This game sounds and looks cool. Wanna know more about it.

I assume you'd have limited oxygen in this game so eventually if you want to avoid dying you need to resurface to get air? I'd like to see a free mode where you just continually swim the ocean, no need to resurface for air, may infinite air cheat or something, get swallowed by a Whale and escape Pinocchio style.

Oh god this game sounds as much fun as ripping my liver out with a rusty hook.

lol, it's quite an interesting concept actually, I just hope there's more to do than just to 'look around'

Wow this game really improved! Getting very interesting.

Edit:

I assume you'd have limited oxygen in this game so eventually if you want to avoid dying you need to resurface to get air? I'd like to see a free mode where you just continually swim the ocean, no need to resurface for air, may infinite air cheat or something, get swallowed by a Whale and escape Pinocchio style.

Its fucking incredible how you suppose a thing and right after propose a solution to it.

Was gonna make a thread about it a couple of months ago.. but so little is known it's effectively vapourware/tech demo at the moment.

I'm not sure if this game is financially viable even to 'non gamers' that they keep going on about.

The whole thing just looks gorgeous. That fish animation looks stunning. A nice peaceful simulation of the best and most beautiful nature has to offer. In my opinion if they get this right it would represent games at their zenith.

Will you be able to select from male and female characters in this game and customise their bodies with a create a character feature similar to Tiger Woods Golf?

IGN

Forever Blue (Nintendo, 2007)

Developed by Arika, this diving game uses the Wiimote for performing a variety of diving maneuvers. The ocean changes based on time and season. Using Wi-Fi, you and a friend can meet up in the ocean and dive together.

I want even more! :)

I'm guessing this will be released in the summer! July/August sometime...although thats when games aren't normally released....mmmm...maybe September?, whenever it is, i hope it isn't far off!

It just looks amazing! Extremely realistic. I love Marine life so i cannot wait to play this.