NEurope
ViPeR

Grudge Match: Vote Now!

I'm feeling bored so I thought of an interesting idea for a thread to see if it'll take on. Obviously it isn't originally my idea as grudge matches have been around for ages. It basically involves various film/cartoon/game characters being chosen to fight each other. So all you have to do is pick someone you want as a fighter and they'll be put into the tourny. These will then be paired off to fight each other. The people who selected the fighters can then (don't have to though) write a short story of their view of the fight. Preferably funny stories but if you can't do funny (like me) it doesn't matter. After the fight we'll take a vote on who should win. There's no limit to what characters or how many as of yet so anyone is welcome. I'd like to start off with my character, which can be no other than Treveleyn from Goldeneye.

House(Shino)

Jack Bauer(Meik)

Batman(Dan Dare)

Dogtanian(Katie)

David Hasslehoff(Danieltimothy)

Match 6: Geoffery(EEVILMURRAY) 6 votes vs Pai Mei(Zell) 1 vote

Match 7: Alucard(Dabookerman) vs Dr Cox(The Bard)

Match 8: Treveleyn(ViPeR) vs KITT(Knightendo)

This thread is over already, no-one is gonna beat retro-lover's Brick Tamland!

I love lamp!

This thread is over already, no-one is gonna beat retro-lover's Brick Tamland!

I love lamp!

Who? Trevelyn will kick his ass!

Can we submit multiple characters? Because I have a few other suggestions.

It depends how many people reply with a character but i'm open to it later.

Right, we have a perfect 16 characters so no more can be chosen, i'll start pairing them up and stick the list on the first page later.

Hmm, so no more submissions? Shame, I had the ultimate.

I'd need another 3 people if I was going to include you. I think whoever wanted in has signed up now. The tournament just wouldn't work otherwise. Sorry.

ok, so what happens now? we come up with the stories and whichever story in each match gets the most votes wins yeh? i see it's your crocked 006 against my talking car, ViPeR ;)

(you get your name from that "knight rider"-esque tv show?)

ok, so what happens now? we come up with the stories and whichever story in each match gets the most votes wins yeh? i see it's your crocked 006 against my talking car, ViPeR ;)

(you get your name from that "knight rider"-esque tv show?)

Basically that's it, I mean people don't necessarily have to vote for how good their stories or non stories are. You can just vote for whoever you think will win, I just wanted it different from the typical poll type thing. I've PMed the people who's up first so it's up to them really. If nothing is come up with say 2 days i'll just put it up for the vote.

And i'll kick that damn cars ass ;)

Basically that's it, I mean people don't necessarily have to vote for how good their stories or non stories are. You can just vote for whoever you think will win, I just wanted it different from the typical poll type thing. I've PMed the people who's up first so it's up to them really. If nothing is come up with say 2 days i'll just put it up for the vote.

And i'll kick that damn cars ass ;)

ah right gotcha. well, KITT is looking forward to his PM then ;)

Cleaned up all the posts, kept some that weren't just picspamming, and relevant (eg questions about the competition). Enjoy!

Didn't I have the hoff as my charactor, or has my name just changed to Daneil without me noticing?

Cleaned up all the posts, kept some that weren't just picspamming, and relevant (eg questions about the competition). Enjoy!

Yay, you kept my love for Brick post! You've got my vote all the way retro-lover!

LOUD NOISES!

Nah. Mr. FishPansyMan isn't in because he'd obviously shit on everyone, as demonstrated by the illustrations above.

Ahhh, Vasquez.

If you've seen Aliens, you've seen THE Vasquez.

If you've never seen Aliens, what the hell are you doing on the internet? Go watch it, otherwise Vasquez will crawl out of your web-browser and verbally abuse you, in a Sadako/Ring-esque style.

If Vasquez and House are to do battle, lets be honest, House wouldn't stand a chance.

First of all, we have the verbal front. I am going to take a direct quote from Aliens.

Hudson:"hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"

Vasquez:"No. Have you?"

Subtle, but there is no reply to that. House would surely lose. Vasquez is clearly a woman who thinks on her feet.

Then, we have the physical front:

Vasquez is in charge of a smart-gun type weapon. She, almost single handedly, took on a horde of Aliens, and her kill count was blatantly higher than other characters within the film. Except maybe Ripley, but she had more screentime. So, ignore her.

Finally, Vasquez meets her end by self-destructing. When aliens have her and a comrade cornered, she takes no chances and blows herself, and him, up with a grenade. Luckily, she takes the aliens out, too.

Vasquez shows no mercy. Even when you think you have her beaten, she takes you out. Clearly a powerful adversary.

Ahhh, Vasquez.

If you've seen Aliens, you've seen THE Vasquez.

If you've never seen Aliens, what the hell are you doing on the internet? Go watch it, otherwise Vasquez will crawl out of your web-browser and verbally abuse you, in a Sadako/Ring-esque style.

If Vasquez and House are to do battle, lets be honest, House wouldn't stand a chance.

First of all, we have the verbal front. I am going to take a direct quote from Aliens.

Hudson:"hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?"

Vasquez:"No. Have you?"

Subtle, but there is no reply to that. House would surely lose. Vasquez is clearly a woman who thinks on her feet.

Then, we have the physical front:

Vasquez is in charge of a smart-gun type weapon. She, almost single handedly, took on a horde of Aliens, and her kill count was blatantly higher than other characters within the film. Except maybe Ripley, but she had more screentime. So, ignore her.

Finally, Vasquez meets her end by self-destructing. When aliens have her and a comrade cornered, she takes no chances and blows herself, and him, up with a grenade. Luckily, she takes the aliens out, too.

Vasquez shows no mercy. Even when you think you have her beaten, she takes you out. Clearly a powerful adversary.

Well Vasquez clearly owns House. And as there seems to be no counter argument i'm just going to stick it up to the vote.

House or Vasquez

Dr.Gregory House is the obvious winner, both in physical and verbal attacks.

He has intelligence and sarcasm, a awesome combination when used on someone with so many flaws as Vasquez. She couldn't even hope to survive the first round of homophobe and racists comments.

Physically, let's just say THE man has the self discipline to do a self imposed detox, resistance to cronic pain and the ability to consume more Valiums on a day than anyone else on earth.

Dr.Gregory House is the obvious winner, both in physical and verbal attacks.

He has intelligence and sarcasm, a awesome combination when used on someone with so many flaws as Vasquez. She couldn't even hope to survive the first round of homophobe and racists comments.

Physically, let's just say THE man has the self discipline to do a self imposed detox, resistance to cronic pain and the ability to consume more Valiums on a day than anyone else on earth.

Hahaha awesome, fair fight now at least.

Time to vote.

Vasquez +1