NEurope

Wooo! Aces :) Cheers Arab_Freak.

I've been playing The Space Game for about 45 mins. A tower defence game in space, so y'know, it's awesome :P

Oh my. Yesterday I was in the mood for TD and googled 'Tower Defense games' came up with a site full of loads of them, and spent pretty much my entire day playing GemCraft and Gem Tower Defense(the gem theme is just coincidental). Know of anything out there kind of like Ninjatowny style?

Heh, just seen from the link, you were on the same site as me!

Edited by Rummy

That fast food folk song was awsome.

:laughing:

Their reaction to him getting the order right is priceless

Edited by DuD

Wooo! Aces :) Cheers Arab_Freak.

I've been playing The Space Game for about 45 mins. A tower defence game in space, so y'know, it's awesome :P

you utter cunt! that wasted 2 1/2 hours of my day! shit.

My favourite Youtube video ever.

She's crazy as fuck knows.

This video shows that, but it's very honest, and I believe what she says about her and the piano. Funny though.

Don't know why this made me giggle like a total bitch, but here: (Steve Carell - Clip from the American version of The Office)

Don't know why this made me giggle like a total bitch, but here: (Steve Carell - Clip from the American version of The Office)

10charddddddd

Don't know why this made me giggle like a total bitch

Because The Office is amazing.

That was bloody brilliant. And I must concur with goafer, I swear I saw none other than Bayside High Wrestling Champ himself, AC slater!

I assume the problem with that powering a car is the same problem with most water powered cars: the energy needed to run the machine that burns the water is more than what is actually gained by burning the water. So basically the whole process is losing energy before you've even started powering the car itself. At least, it loses useable energy.

I'm no engineer, but shouldn't it be possible to invent a generator that generates energy...which in turn, harnesses part of the energy it produces to power itself? Basically it would create one "unit" of energy and split half of it to power itself and create more energy while giving the other half to whatever function it was designed to do.

I'm no engineer, but shouldn't it be possible to invent a generator that generates energy...which in turn, harnesses part of the energy it produces to power itself? Basically it would create one "unit" of energy and split half of it to power itself and create more energy while giving the other half to whatever function it was designed to do.

What you're suggesting is a perpetual motion engine and it is impossible for several reasons.

What you're suggesting is a perpetual motion engine and it is impossible for several reasons.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are they?

That's impossible, as the amount of energy is constant. You can't "create" energy, you can only transform energy, which is what a generator does: It transforms one form of energy into another, more usable form. For instance, the energy in the flow of a river pushes a watermill around, a movement which then in turn powers a generator, transforming the energy of the watermill into electricity. If a generator were to power itself, it would be a loop: It could only "create" as much energy as it received, thereby only ever being able to produce enough energy to power itself. Add to this that no energy tranformation is ever 100%, meaning that a certain percentage of energy is lost in tranformation, and you will see that you can never create a generator that can power itself, let alone power both itself and something else. You might accomplish making a self-sustaining generator if you invented a generator that could transform energy 100%, but it would still never be able to produce more energy than it receives from itself. It's simply against the laws of physics.

Pardon my ignorance, but what are they?

I'm not much into physics but there's a few laws that say we never create or lose energy it just changes state or something like that.

Edit: What Dany mah boy said. We can't "multiply" the original input of energy and even if a generator was looped it would "lose" its energy in heat and sound for example.

Maybe some day, but not now.

Edited by Shino

I'm not much into physics but there's a few laws that say we never create or lose energy it just changes state or something like that.

I explained it above.

Something to ponder: If energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed to a different sort of energy or stored, where did it come from originally?

Back on topic:

Something to ponder: If energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed to a different sort of energy or stored, where did it come from originally?

Answer that, and I think a Nobel Prize is headed your way. It's basically what came before Big Bang.