NEurope
The fish

Religion

"I don't expect Christians to see God as a metaphor, but that's what he is. Perhaps it might be clearer to call him a character in fiction, and a very interesting one too: one of the greatest and most complex villains of all - savage, petty, boastful and jealous, and yet capable of moments of tenderness and extremes of arbitrary affection - for David, for example. But he's not real, any more than Hamlet or Mr Pickwick are real. They are real in the context of their stories, but you won't find them in the phone book."

So, who else thinks the Archbishop of Canterbury is trying to push law and religion back together again? :indeed:

He is not a master of subtlety, and would condone torture and murder to get his agenda on the table. And that's the Archbishop of Canterbury.

So, who else thinks the Archbishop of Canterbury is trying to push law and religion back together again? :indeed:

Not sure why the Archbishop said what he did. you can't use some aspects of sharia law while ignoring the rest. Mixing Sharia and Secular law in the west is doomed to fail.

my message is for the west to let Muslims establish the Shariah in their own lands! That is what the muslim world would like.

Tbh, Shariah law is pretty messed up.

For example, you can get your hands chopped off for stealing.

You can get your tongue ripped out for blasphemy.

A woman can get killed/sentenced to inprisonment if she is raped.

Seems fair... ly shit. If you think this is bs (believe me, i did) i phoned my dad last night about this. He lived in Iran for the first 20 years of his life and hated the lack of civil liberties.

yes, muslim fundamentalists are a wacky bunch, beheaded for masterbation? whos going to know? your parents, and you wouldthink they love you more then their imaginary friend.

Tbh, Shariah law is pretty messed up.

For example, you can get your hands chopped off for stealing.

You can get your tongue ripped out for blasphemy.

A woman can get killed/sentenced to inprisonment if she is raped.

Seems fair... ly shit. If you think this is bs (believe me, i did) i phoned my dad last night about this. He lived in Iran for the first 20 years of his life and hated the lack of civil liberties.

Yeah it happens. doesnt mean that it is actually sharia law though. you have too look at the source first. Does Islam really allow women to be killed for being raped?? Does the quran or sunnah really promote this?

Like I have said before. Iran is not an islamic state..

But anyway the kind of sharia being talked about in the UK is matters relating to divorce, marriage, inheritance, business disputes.

Yeah it happens. doesnt mean that it is actually sharia law though. you have too look at the source first. Does Islam really allow women to be killed for being raped?? Does the quran or sunnah really promote this?

Like I have said before. Iran is not an islamic state..

But anyway the kind of sharia being talked about in the UK is matters relating to divorce, marriage, inheritance, business disputes.

Ah, but women can receive a sentence for being with a male who isn't a close family member. Besides: nit-picking is just dodging the point.

Iran is an Islamic Republic. A republic is a type of government of a state, therefore Iran is a state with a type of government that is Islamic - ergo, an Islamic state. (Again, nit-picking...).

Religion should be kept as far away from legal matters as possible, otherwise it defeats the purpose of it being common law.