NEurope
blender

Lego Batman Ahoy

Lego press release:

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games will create LEGO Batman, set to launch in fall of 2008. The game will feature all of the characters from the LEGO Batman construction sets, plus a few new additions. Gamers will have the ability to roam the streets of LEGO Gotham City as Batman or Robin, and even take control of the villains while manipulating gadgets and building and operating fantastic vehicles in one- or two-person cooperative gameplay. The game is slated to be available on multiple platforms.

A loooong time away then!

Pfft, he's not even a real super hero. :p

If its as funny as Lego Star Wars it should be pretty good.

Gallopping Goombas, it's the debut trailer for Lego Batman!

Indy isn't the only guy getting in on the block-busting (ho ho) action. The Dark Knight is all geared up for his first step into the world of Lego gaming, and the first trailer for the game has just been released.

Complete with a cheesy American voiceover, some "POW, ZAP, BAM!" action and the appearance of villains The Joker, Killer Croc, The Scarecrow, Catwoman, The Penguin and Harley Quinn, Lego Batman looks set to be a fantastic addition to the Lego series, and a more lighthearted return to the vintage comic goodness of the old Adam West show after several extremely dark movies.

Lego Batman is currently penned down for a release on the DS and Wii in September 2008.

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=11573

Major bump, since the game's almost out.

Traveller's Tales have revealed that they'd love to work on a sequel to their latest 'block'-buster game, Lego Batman.

Traveller's Tales have become almost synonymous with Lego games in recent years, having made a name for themselves with the fantastic platforming/puzzle Lego games based on different IPs, including Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Their most recent effort, Lego Batman, is due out on the Wii and DS next Friday, and whilst the core gameplay doesn't appear to have changed drastically, Lego Batman remains as fun as ever.

The December issue of NGamer Magazine features an interview with Lego Batman's lead designer, Arthur Parsons, in which the prospect of a sequel to Lego Batman is raised...

NGamer: Do you see the wider DC universe making it into Lego form? The Justice League could be good.

Arthur Parsons: Whether any more of the DC universe makes the transition into Lego depends largely on the success of Lego Batman, and on whether Traveller's Tales, Warner Bros. and Lego want to make any other characters into Lego games. I'd love to make a sequel to Lego Batman because it was immense fun to work on.

The rest of the interview can be found in Issue #29 of NGamer, which should be hitting store shelves very soon. What say you, readers? Would you like to see a sequel to Lego Batman, or would you prefer Traveller's Tales devote their time to a brand new Lego game?

I checked out the GT review and it seemed fairly promising. They didn't specifically focus on the Wii version though so I don't know if its missing any features in comparison to the 360 and PS3 games. The one thing that came through was that this series of Lego games is getting a bit stale on it, so if they are going to continue em then they probably need to spice up the formula a bit.

Blergh, Gameplay have had it as preparing to dispatch for hours...guarantee they'll send it AFTER last post so I wont get it til like thursday or friday instead of tomorrow

For someone whos not a particular fan as such of any of the films there are of the Lego game franchises but who thinks they look like fun.

Which one should I rent from lovefilm?

this,star wars or indy?

:confused::smile:

For someone whos not a particular fan as such of any of the films there are of the Lego game franchises but who thinks they look like fun.

Which one should I rent from lovefilm?

this,star wars or indy?

:confused::smile:

I haven't played lego batman yet, but from star wars and indy I'd probably go with star wars. It has a lot more content, as it's basically two trilogy's in one game (on the Wii at least), and I liked the combat system better. Indy has more of a puzzle element to it though, and add's a few more elements to jumping around.

Enjoyed both games very much when playing through on co-op with my girlfriend, and we're thinking about getting batman once we've 100 percented Indy.

Starwars all the way.. played the first few levels of Indy and was pretty bored.. My nephews are all over the new Lego batman though.. so for that age group (5-7) it will probably do pretty good

I just beat this 100% over the weekend ( 360 version ) and I thought it was great. I have played all of the Lego games and I think I enjoyed this one the most. I liked how it was an original story and the levels were a blast to play. I also found that certain levels on Star Wars and Indiana Jones were tedious and drawn out while on this they seemed the perfect length.

I just beat this 100% over the weekend ( 360 version ) and I thought it was great. I have played all of the Lego games and I think I enjoyed this one the most. I liked how it was an original story and the levels were a blast to play. I also found that certain levels on Star Wars and Indiana Jones were tedious and drawn out while on this they seemed the perfect length.

I totally agree...although the mini kit which had you needing to get through six gates while going down a slope near the end of the level annoyed me greatly since to retry it you have to start the level over again

I totally agree...although the mini kit which had you needing to get through six gates while going down a slope near the end of the level annoyed me greatly since to retry it you have to start the level over again

Yup it was the last one I had to get aswell. It was so annoying as when I switched to the other character while sliding he wouldnt go left! It took me 4 attempts before I finally got it, quit the level and bought the last character and data entries then my 360 got the red lights and died :)

Yup it was the last one I had to get aswell. It was so annoying as when I switched to the other character while sliding he wouldnt go left! It took me 4 attempts before I finally got it, quit the level and bought the last character and data entries then my 360 got the red lights and died :)

Ouch, now thats timing lol

Lego Batman is the first game I got 1000/1000 gamer points on too lol