NEurope
Sabre

Tomb Raider: Legend

Yeah, If I get this I'll probably get it on 360, since it's cheaper:heh:

It was only £14.99 in GAME (brand new).

It was only £14.99 in GAME (brand new).
Already finished it (on Saturday, actually) pretty short game, but I liked it, unlike some tomb raiders before it, I also thought the gameplay was the best yet in the series.

I'll seriously consider buying Tomb Raider Anniversary/remake edition and the judging from the final... the real follow-up to this one (it hints at a sequel), but I'd hope they'd make them bigger.

I've never played a single Tomb Raider game. It's another series that just didn't appeal to me. It's one that seems to have declined dramtically in public popularity too.

I've never played a single Tomb Raider game. It's another series that just didn't appeal to me. It's one that seems to have declined dramtically in public popularity too.

That's probably because they were always mediocre, and their only appeal being to sad middle aged men who found angular polygonal constructs attractive in some slightly deranged way.

That's probably because they were always mediocre, and their only appeal being to sad middle aged men who found angular polygonal constructs attractive in some slightly deranged way.

lol, but at one time it was all you ever heard about, the games got good reviews sold very well, they made two films. But then, it just disappeared and the franchise was in trouble. So quick. Even Sonic who has had a string of poor games hasn't been given up on by his fan base.

lol, but at one time it was all you ever heard about, the games got good reviews sold very well, they made two films. But then, it just disappeared and the franchise was in trouble. So quick. Even Sonic who has had a string of poor games hasn't been given up on by his fan base.
There's a fanbase, we just don't deal with them on these forums, I've grown used to note that people in PC gaming forums tend to have a lot of nostalgia for Tomb Raider.

They are, of course, potential buyers for this game.

Also Sonic on X360 sold 170.000 units in US, not that big of a "blind" userbase right ;)

Legend was the first Tomb Raider game i bought since TR2. The reason? The developer.

Crystal Dynamics make one of my favourite series of games (Legacy of Kain, Soul Reaver etc) i knew they wouldn't let me down, i played Legend to death.

I played TRL when it came out on the PC, a pretty decent game, I was glad they brought it up to date and improved the fighting with humans - but especially losing the giant-square-grid system thing they had going on for so long. It still wasn't as good as Tomb Raider II though. Somehow they traded epic levels and storyline for updated gameplay. I miss the old tombs and traps, the old music and the old style Lara.

I really disliked the way they made this game into more of a movie, that was it's biggest flaw. It followed the style of the movie, rather than sticking with the origins, the games. I was really looking forward to seeing the old mansion from TRII era but in full and excellent graphics!

If they remake Tomb Raider II after they make Tomb Raider Anniversary (doesn't seem likely, considering the concept) - I would love that so much. I would most definitely buy it straight away and play it non-stop. TRII was the series' peak, and TRL is the first time it's approached that peak in a while.

Got Tomb Raider Legend yesterday, and I am not really keen on it. Just finished some 'flashback' stage and I just don't kno if I can be bothered to carry on playing. The motorbike was level was just awful, and the aiming when shooting is too. As this is my first TR title, I can say I havent missed much! At least I can get my money back on Amazon.

As this is my first TR title, I can say I havent missed much!
This game is nothing compared to the original Tomb Raider and the superior Tomb Raider II. It's fun to play, but its new, its conformist, stylish, movie powered - it's nowhere near the epic old games. Lara Croft didn't make herself a household name over the original games for nothing. That said, you might not have the patience for those games if you couldn't enjoy this blast-fest for what it was.

This game is nothing compared to the original Tomb Raider and the superior Tomb Raider II. It's fun to play, but its new, its conformist, stylish, movie powered - it's nowhere near the epic old games. Lara Croft didn't make herself a household name over the original games for nothing. That said, you might not have the patience for those games if you couldn't enjoy this blast-fest for what it was.

It's not that I have the patience, it's just as you said , it's movie powered. Basically, I watch a movie, move Lara, watch a movie, Move Lara, watch a movie, drive motorbike from A to B, watch movie, move Laura, while shooting somebody, watch movie etc. The player does not get to carry out the actions he wants to, he must watch them, and pretend to be impressed. I'll give it a few more hours tomorrow to see if I can finish it before I sell it. But to be fair, I shouldnt judge the franchise just on this one game, seeing as I havent played any of the other titles, as I have never owned a non-Nintendo console.

....their only appeal being to sad middle aged men who found angular polygonal constructs attractive in some slightly deranged way.

Could be... however, I bet most of the type that found her polygons attractive were actually 13-17 year old teenagers. Puberty+testosterone= Me like Lara Croft very much.

And I remember playing the first Tomb Raider, right after playing Super Mario 64. And it was terrible. Just making Lara jump & turn around was a chore. I couldn't figure out what the big deal was about Tomb Raider, since the gameplay sucked monkey balls. So I figured it was all about Lara Croft. And I was right.

However, Legend is a good game.

Well, I'm thinking a bit of buying it.

Seems to be a good game, and honestly its nice with a surprise like this.

Ugh i hated it. Get James Bond Everything or Nothing for a decent 3rd person shoot em up/adventure!

There's a fanbase, we just don't deal with them on these forums)

And just a word of warning to anyone wanting to join tombraiderforums.com.....just don't. The majority are mindless idiots, and you'll only end up getting annoyed.

Tomb Raider Anniversary is shaping up to be a beautiful and amazing game. Take an enhanced Legend engine, and add what made Tomb raider 1 so great, and you get Tomb Raider Anniversary. Sadly its a ps2, psp and PC exclusive, but do check it out nonetheless.

Sadly its a ps2, psp and PC exclusive, but do check it out nonetheless.

At the moment it is.

At the moment it is.
Indeed, I believe there's PS3 and X360 versions planned, but they'll need more time to port them, I'd guess a Wii version will come too, Eidos pledged support for the platform.

I'll certainly pick it. (perhaps not full price though)

I wouldn;t be surprised if it came out on the 360. they announced legend would be released on the 360 not too long before release, so it is plausible. Im hoping to god it will. I loves me some tomb raidin'

I wouldn;t be surprised if it came out on the 360. they announced legend would be released on the 360 not too long before release, so it is plausible. Im hoping to god it will. I loves me some tomb raidin'
It's already confirmed, I bought that sh*tty Portuguese magazine called Maxi Consolas because of the NiGHTS exclusive and it has a two page special for it; it says in the end:

"Concerning a Tomb Raider on PS3 and a new one on X360, the senior designer is more cautions confirming only it's being planned with launch predicted for 2008"

I read it as a port. It's also coming for the PC and all...

That's probably the already announced tomb raider 8 which will see release in 2008. So far the closest of anything being said of a port to the next gens is that "It's not ruled out" by gamespot. What confuses me though is that it sold very very well on the 360. It's even an XBOX360 classic.