NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
thomaschung

Moving GC games on to the Wii

With the recent revelations about Super Paper Mario moving on to the Wii and the sudden disappearance of Lego Star Wars 2 from Gamecube listings are we going to see a similar pattern for other Gamecube titles?

It seems as a logical step for Nintendo to move it on to the Wii, but should they not be supporting the Cube to the very end? How can they expect other publishers like EA, Ubisoft and Eidos to? Don't forget the Cube still have Fifa 07, Splinter Cell 4, Tomb Raider Legend and Harvest Moon to name but a few. And what of Donkey Kong Bongo Blast? It uses the bongos so it may as well work on the Cube.

Lego Star Wars 2 is baffling as the game is already finished. Reviewed with such high scores in ONM.

Also, Baten Kaitos 2 has been rather quiet. Quite unlikely this will be released on the Cube in Europe, but could it be moved on to the Wii in that territory seeing it's quite an important game? It's already been out in Japan, so unlikely to be changed there.

Seeing the Wii is backwards compatible I think Nintendo should release the games on the Cube, as Wii owners who wanted to buy it still will. Unless the game is having control overhauls I don't see the point in not releasing it on the Cube.

I'm still buying Cube games so close to the Wii launch, just ordered Battalion Wars. And I would still buy Baten Kaitos 2 on Cube even after the Wii was out.

Come on Nintendo, reward your Cube owners, not everyone is buying a Wii at launch.

What do people think?

Lego Star Wars has not disappeared. It is still due for release on Monday, ONM has reviewed it. It is coming out

Its a smart idea for Nintendo. The cube is dead, how are you gonna give the cube one last boost when most retailers dont stock the hardware?

It also boosts Wii sales, so personally im all for this. The wii aint exactly gonna break the bank for those who want to play these, and your also paying for a completely new console that can play your old games and new ones.

If it means Wii is being released sooner than we think... move them to Wii!

...but I doubt that highly, so I dunno... ha ha

Instead of moving games to wii, why not just release them for both wii and gamecube (like they did with zelda)? Would keep all the cube owners happy.

that's exactly what I think.

ok, lego star wars did not get canned, just a GAME exclusive. very good news. i bet it will sell very well on the Cube.

Instead of moving games to wii, why not just release them for both wii and gamecube (like they did with zelda)? Would keep all the cube owners happy.
That would cost more for the developers, and since the Wii version would be more popular than the GC version, the GC version would make a loss.

Apparently Splinter Cell: Double Agent is getting the same treatment. It's a very nice addition to the launch lineup so it's only good.

That would cost more for the developers, and since the Wii version would be more popular than the GC version, the GC version would make a loss.

I dont think thats necessarily true. There is a huge installed base of cube owner that wont upgrade for a while. There is going to be a lot of competition for wii gaming dollar too. So gamecube games ought to still make money

Myself, I will keep buying Cube games simply because they are cheaper and I prefer normal controls for games like zelda. i think i will only get a wii for monkeyball type games. i.e. games that are built around the controller.

Sign in to follow this