NEurope
Kav

Major news for one of the next-gen consoles...?

The wording makes me think it could be one of two things.

"In a nebulous note, our source mentions that "September 8th marks the day that [fans will] be one step closer to getting their hands on a long-awaited next-generation gaming system."

Maybe its the release date? Or maybe demo pods are getting installed in stores?

The wording makes me think it could be one of two things.

"In a nebulous note, our source mentions that "September 8th marks the day that [fans will] be one step closer to getting their hands on a long-awaited next-generation gaming system."

Maybe its the release date? Or maybe demo pods are getting installed in stores?

I seriously doubt they'd tell the release date tomorrow. Especially since the news post at Kotaku said that it's not the big news we've all been waiting for. Demo pods sounds like a possibility though.

Not like they would have them around here. There's never a Nintendo demo pod in any stores (or there is but it's never turned on).

Thinking about it, Sony have just come out and declared a date for Europe. Now, the British Media have more or less slammed Sony. IF this news is to do with the date and price of the Wii, that will put Nintendo in a very strong position, with the industry AND with the media. It probably won't be the release date, but it would be bluddy awesome if it was. :)

Saying that, does this news have to be good news? They are reporting it to be fascinating. Does this mean bemused?

Dammit. I wanna go to bed.

Maybe they're just so smug and post-modern that this fascination they speak of is actually a reference to the feelings that they're stirring up in the majority of their readership?

12:01:00 a.m. Friday September 8, 2006 in EST converts to

03:01:00 p.m. Friday September 8, 2006 in Australia/Melbourne

For those who are AEST.

Only an hour and a half left. I'm on GMT and it's now 3:25 here. I just found out about this news and I'm staying up till 5 am, I only have to go to work at 3:30 pm tomorrow. :grin:

So Nintendo WILL take advantage of Sony delay. I believe this is all because of that.

Or maybe something really big... O_o

I need to go to bed...I can't wait...

It's a tradition. Passed on from geeks of the past.

In the 1500's people used to wait up for hours to hear word of the new Shakespeare play... this kind of thing's been going on for yonks.

I just want to tell you guys that I've really enjoyed the comments in this post today. I think it's been great to hear everyone's ideas bounced back and forth. It's brought this sort of excitement back to everything, I feel. It's sort of like we all sat around a campfire all day talking about video games. I love it.

I wish I could have given you this info the second I heard it, but as you know, that is not under my control.

I'll give you another hint: Three letters are involved.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/07/major-next-gen-console-news-coming-tonight/14#comments

So... SEX ??? :p

It has been confirmed (by various sources) that Perrin Kaplan will be unleashed at 12:01 EST.

It has been confirmed (by various sources) that Perrin Kaplan will be unleashed at 12:01 EST.
naked? :shock:

Most definately.

And she'll be doing a tattoo of her face on one lucky Nintendo fan's body.

I think it's 4:00 AM, more 4 hours than EST is it not?

This will be helpful to everyone on the site:

http://www.timeticker.com/main.htm

Can't believe we're all waiting up for this.

It's a tradition. Passed on from geeks of the past.

Damn straight. :grin: