NEurope
Kav

Major news for one of the next-gen consoles...?

Hmmm. I don't like the sound of that - luring people to their site like that. This'd better be good.

Not bothered about this too much, it would be good if the site does actually produce some Wii related news though.

Next week is what i'm waiting for though, and time is gonna go even slower now i'm back at school. :sad:

What time is that GMT?

5 AM. Most likely something which the powers that be didn't want let out until a specific date and time. It does happen.

The embargoed news was sent out to a bunch of newspapers and websites with the understanding that no one would print the information until first thing in the morning.

This is so Nintendo :)

Oh well the M3gaton is coming!!!! :p

I think it is the Wii but I have a feeling that they will be talking about its online features or about the virtual console as kokatu said

tomorrow to read the details and see a wee bit of analysis

Either that or it'll be something like "Wii will no longer have the ability to play DVDs)

Or even, it could turn out to be this:

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/square-enix/f...ware-192689.php

I don't think Square would be ready with their hardware yet. I think at some point in the future they'll enter the hardware market, but not just yet.

I expect the new announcement would be about the Wii's online. I don't think they'd hype us up only to tell us that it won't have DVD functionality, or only to tell us about a new game. Unless the new game was incredibly important, like a new Miyamoto title or a big exclusive.

And of course it might not be for the Wii at all, Kotaku could just be having fun with words.

If you manage to sift through the more than 550 comments on Joystiq you'll find that Robert Summa (the main Joystiq guy) says it IS about the Wii, it has nothing to do with Sega, Square, Final Fantasy or Devil May Cry. He also said that he landed an interview with one of the "major" parties involved.

Add to that the fact that it can be "analyzed" (according to Kotaku) and it starts to sound very interesting.

Oh right, well, perhaps it's this elusive, mythological final secret that everyone and their Perrin Kaplans was going on about after E3?

It can't be another game though, surely. Nintendo already have tonnes of major titles set for release in the first six month of the Wii. Another one might be too many, if it's even possible to have too many Nintendo games.

Joystiq owner says

"I read all the comments in my stories, so of course I'll see yours.

My embargo has to do with details on a next-gen system. I really can't get into specifics, because I can't break that embargo.

I really don't know who else has gotten the news. I would assume major outlets did also. But, I did get an interview with a major party involved, so there's a chance I could have content that someone else might not.

Now that we're just 4 hours away, I'll tell you this: It has to do with the Wii. More than that, I really can't say".

I might just have to stay awake for this now, even though it's probably not going to be anything too big. But still... you never know.

They make it sound so big.

I wonder what it is... Microsoft generaly just anounces things without much hype. Maybe sony decided to split Dual Shock 3 in 2 parts... and both will be sensible do movement... that leaves Nintendo, or... something else?

I might just have to stay awake for this now, even though it's probably not going to be anything too big. But still... you never know.

You don't talk like a "female"... you're weird! :D

Fascinating... Everyone is saying it's fascinating.

It has to be something that's actually huge if they're all saying it's fascinating... doesn't it? Unless, fascination is part of the concept of whatever the news is about... But hey, i'm probably thinking about it too much.