NEurope
Kav

Major news for one of the next-gen consoles...?

What's funny is that someone in this forum gave the news way before them.

Edit: Well, atleat 2 hours earlier.

Haha, i know. I thought it was meant to be some kind of exclusive news.

Aw well, it was a laugh and i had fun talking to Haden and Nick about this. All is good.

Good thing I was out so I didn't read anything about this. Seriously you guys should know better ;)

Anyway it's interesting to compare Nintendo and Sony, both WERE aiming for a similar release window and while Nintendo is already er... ready, Sony is still wandering around aimlessly.

So what does this news mean to gamers who have been waiting patiently for a release date from Nintendo? Well, considering that Nintendo has had their hands on a large amount of the final Broadway chips since July, we can easily speculate that the Wii could feasibly be released within the next few weeks. Perhaps by the end of the month.

Does this mean the Wii may launch on 15september :P?

*Sigh* I'm desparate for a Wii

An apology, and a note on hype

imsorry_card.jpg

Yesterday afternoon, we ran a post that generated an immense (and unexpected) amount of interest and speculation. Instead of defusing the prolonged PR tease that Nintendo has been escalating for the past year, we contributed to it. Instead of doing our readers a service, we added more confusion to the situation. The post was vague and left only room for disappointment which, inevitably, came at 12:01.

The worst part is, we understand that it was our hard-earned credibility that contributed to this excitement cocktail. There are gaming websites that trade in hype, and we've always prided ourselves on avoiding it. If we tell you that something is "major" and "worth waiting for," naturally you would expect it to be. As you've all no doubt noticed by now, news that IBM has begun shipping processors for Nintendo's Wii console, while potentially telling, is hardly the sort of megaton announcement we alluded to or fans were dreaming of. It became increasingly clear as the comments increased and the diggs increased, that we would reap what we had sown. Our credibility and reader trust are all we have, and we are taking measures immediately to ensure that we don't make this mistake again. We're very sorry for the error in judgment.

Sincerely,

Christopher Grant

Editor, Joystiq

I like them but they better not do this again....

We're very sorry for the error in judgment.

Damn right they should be I woke up with a party hat and baloons today I blew them up before hand! Sigh ah well I will have a Madness party all by myself then. I already wrote MEGA WII FANATIC on my hat though :hmm:

Damn right they should be I woke up with a party hat and baloons today I blew them up before hand! Sigh ah well I will have a Madness party all by myself then. I already wrote MEGA WII FANATIC on my hat though :hmm:

That had me laugh.

I really hope they can have a worldwide release, say in November. October would be great too, but maybe that's too soon. As long as it's before Christmas and Europe doesn't get left behind, it's all good.

It's not like they forced any of you to stay up to be fair. They made a mistake. Big deal. It was never going to be big news anyway.

It's not like they forced any of you to stay up to be fair.

Emotional blackmail, man. It'll be in the news tomorrow.;)

Does this mean the Wii may launch on 15september :P?

*Sigh* I'm desparate for a Wii

That would be so cool. The Wii launch on my B-Day.:D

Does anyone on here actually have jobs...?? I feel old!!!!

lol, how old are you?

Nope, i tried in 4 different places, but no one called me to the interview. I need money too.:cry:

Does anyone on here actually have jobs...?? I feel old!!!!

uh yeah. i work, and do 4th year uni. im only 21 though...

i will tell you what makes one feel old, listening to younger kids use 'hip' words and terms, and then having to ask them what they mean.

im not even sure if the word 'awesome' is still ok to use!!! and i use it all the time! for all i know, people could be calling me a dinosaur!

anyway.. guess we all have to wait another few days until the

M3G4T0N

megaton.gif

did you know that if you put megaton into google images, the 7th thing that comes up is a blog entry on ign.com regarding the wii?

and yes, i will continue to make megaton jokes, until all of the forum users lighten up, and will not cry when nothing comes out of september15. whichever way you look at it... you will get a wii eventually! so settle down!

lol, how old are you?

Nope, i tried in 4 different places, but no one called me to the interview. I need money too.:cry:

uh yeah. i work, and do 4th year uni. im only 21 though...

i will tell you what makes one feel old, listening to younger kids use 'hip' words and terms, and then having to ask them what they mean.

im not even sure if the word 'awesome' is still ok to use!!! and i use it all the time! for all i know, people could be calling me a dinosaur!

anyway.. guess we all have to wait another few days until the

FYI I'm 27 :shock: (arggghhh too old). I only ask about jobs as there is no way on earth I could stay up 'til 5AM (on pure speculation) and still be alive at work!!!

Hey you youngster's are using all these new fangled words all the time (inc. Raven: Megaton!! Where'd that come from!!??)