N-Europe

Rumble Wiimoved from Wii

small tac

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But where is the definitive quote from Shigsy that the rumble is out? I'm pretty sure if he'd said that, before now, it would be a damn sight more widely known than this rumour stating it as fact. Sounds, to me, more like someone trying to use reverse psychology to make it more convincing.

You have a point... when i think about it... it seems that the NGamer guys just sliped that in there to get everyone talking about it and the mag to boost sales. Its a dirty tactic but it has worked before now and it could be what they are trying to do... but then again it might just might be true.

Ok NGamer are talking outta there arse

look here on the offical Wii site http://wii.nintendo.com/hardware.html

and i quote "The Wii Remote also includes a speaker, rumble feature and expansion port, and can be used as a pointer within 5 metres of the screen."

Yep NGamer stop spouting crap... its supposed to come outta your arse not your mouth!

It's an unofficial magazine, it's total BS.

The Rumble is vital for the Wiimote experience, it's the only form of feedback avaliable and Miyamoto has constantly talked of it's importance. It's far more important than the speaker and Nintendo will not take out one of the most important feactures of the Wiimote for the sake of an ancillery function.

Don't believe any of this bollocks, wait until september the 14th for actual news.

controller_features2.png

Nintendo have already highlighted it's importance and we've even had documentation on how the Rumble works in the Wiimote (Hint, it's like Wario Ware Twisted)

Wii has rumble. End of discision.

Quoted for truth.

The units all had rumble AND the speaker at E3. Bill and Nate's demonstartion highlighted the force feedback in Twilight Princess.

DiemetriX is correct. Wii will have rumble, end of discussion.

Why is everyone acting as if this is new? NGamer subscribers got the mag last Saturday, I've known all this info that has suddenly 'surfaced' for almost a week. And check wii.nintendo.com, rumble and speaker are both on there.

It's an unofficial magazine, it's total BS.

I take it you were one of the pepople that criticised NGC for the Twilight Princess 'rumour' on Wii.

Rumble was never all that great anyway.

I've always thought it was a pretty nice thing to have. After all, it's there for further immersion within the game. I mean, you get shot on screen, controller rumbles.

It's not a deadly important feature, but its a nice feature to have. Take a game like Lylat Wars for example. The N64 rumble pack really did make the experience more memorable. I pity the man who played lylat wars without rumble. ;)

Yes, nowadays, it tends to annoy a lot of people. Plus, people are worried about battery life.

Here is my suggestion: Multiple rumble settings. Take the DS lite for example. You have various different settings for brightness and the lowest setting will mean you have more battery life. Plus, you can reach a compromise in between, as there are 4 settings.

Why not have this with games controllers and the rumble feature? 3 or 4 settings, low to high, and lowest setting helps save battery life. I think that sounds fair.

Cue everyone who laughed at the PS3 having no rumble suddenly claim it's not important.

LOL

Rumble really does add to the overall experience of the gameplay, no matter how many sony fanboys claim overwise. Rumble almost feels natural to me, turning rumble off for some games actually feels quite weird...