NEurope
small tac

Rumble Wiimoved from Wii

I've never cared for rumble, that's probably bwecause I use a wavebird and have just gotten used to not having any. I'd rather have a speaker than a rumble anyday!

I've never cared for rumble, that's probably bwecause I use a wavebird and have just gotten used to not having any. I'd rather have a speaker than a rumble anyday!

but i think we would all rather both, especially as rumble makes for a more immersive experience which is one of the reasons Wii will be so great, it makes you feel more conected to the game world.

Wow that would suck. Let's hope it's not true.

I'd pay for an extra set of batteries easily for the rumble. Don't remove it.

LOL

Rumble really does add to the overall experience of the gameplay, no matter how many sony fanboys claim overwise. Rumble almost feels natural to me, turning rumble off for some games actually feels quite weird...

That is very true, especially in racing games and FPS's. You barely notice in some games though...I only realised a few months ago how strongly the GC controller vibrates during Smash...I knew it rumbled but it really is quite shocking!

Shigsy actually said it in a recent interview. It was on the forum I think, search a few pages for Shigsy interviews.

It's certainly a highly plausible story, given common concerns about battery life. I've got a feeling all will become clear at the big upcomming conference. I'm just finding difficult to not believe NGamer after that whole Zelda/FHC incident.

It's certainly a highly plausible story, given common concerns about battery life. I've got a feeling all will become clear at the big upcomming conference. I'm just finding difficult to not believe NGamer after that whole Zelda/FHC incident.

Exactly, they don't post random rumours. The last rumour that wasn't true, and the only I can think of was in NGC 2004 when they said Mario Golf was in development for DS.

All we have to do is email he guy who did that Special IGN weekly and ask him if its true.

he played on it recently, so im guessing he can confirm it.

If its true i would miss a little rumble from being hit by a sword in Rest Steel, or being hit in Zelda, but im used to no rumble because of the Wavebird.

Personally, I belive they SHOULD remove the rumble.

Why? Well, why not use the speaker to put out very low toned noise that vibrates strongly. Sound can be used to mimmick the rumble. (But the stregnth might not be matched)

rumble will be a plugin add-on. Will be bundled with REZ (rumours)

I get bundled with a Wii-Rumble pak?

News to me.

I'm sorry but I'm still not believing any of it. The bit of writing in NGamer that claims this takes up about 2 square centimentres of the page. Surely rumble being removed would be bigger news than that?

Has anyone here actually seen NGamer? All I see is a link to a scan which is removed...

Also, the link in the first post has no mention of NGamer mentioning no rumble...

Oh man I sure hope they don't copy Sony on this one.

I only recently started to find rumble really useful in Geist. The problem is we are so used to it we hardly notice it anymore but I'm sure I'd miss it when it's gone especially with swordfighting games (Red Steel, Zelda) some controller feedback is important.

And if they want to save battery life they could always leave the option to turn speaker and rumble off.

Why lock the topic?

From what I can tell, this wasn't even mentioned in NGamer.

From what I can tell, this wasn't even mentioned in NGamer.

Good to hear.

And also Shigeru Miyamoto never said anything about rumble being removed in a previous interview.

No it definately was, I have a copy. Its mentioned on page 15, although very discreetly.

But this now means we can't take the mick out of the PS3 not having a rumble feature....

Perhaps they mean something like the rumble used to be able to be variable in strength, but had to remove it when they added the mic (because too much info was getting sent to the Wiimote at once). Remember, the rumble only has one strength.