NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Heaven

Devil May Cry 4

Am I the only one who really thinks this game oozes mediocrity? It's so generic I may lose a kidney if i keep playing it!!

Glad I'm swapping it for ratchet and Clank!!

It's very repetitive if you're not very good with it :) once you start up mixing combos, getting max act and quick-starting your revs, mixing in the devil trigger (and that's just with Nero) it gets so cool.

Well i do disagree with you there dazzybee. This is the first DMC game i have played and it is definatly more than just a hack and slash. I have started it again on the harder difficulty and enjoying getting more skill points so i can get the more expensive combos.

Oh but looking forward to Ratchet i agree with! I completed it 2 days ago, great game.

Everyone to there own opinion though.

It's alright, very well put together, looks great but it's just a hack and slash! Very cinematic too but it just aint doing it for me, Uncharted on the other hand.....

I'm very excited about Ratchet too!

I think the simple explanation is that you have no soul.

I go with the soul theory :)

The game probably does get better when you get good at it, but I suppose the game doesn't want me to keep playing!! I have too many other games that I'd rather play. Maybe if I didn't have so many games I would really get stuck into it, but nah!!!

Ah awesome thanks for the link Dante, I needed a new wallpaper.

Shame there's no Lady or Trish though....

Woo, I got my first SSS combo :yay: More luck than skill, but I'm pretty proud of myself anyway :p

Really like this game. Just a shame I'm gonna end up ignoring it now for Brawl :( Gonna have to try hard to keep going with it at least a little so I don't lose what little feel for it I have gotten.

Just started Son of Sparda.

um..this is really hard. Thought I was doing pretty fucking well untill I got to those bloody ice demons. fuck me they take a beating on this mode. Not too slight on the damage either, the buggers. Still, a healthy exceed or two is doing wonders when I can do it.

Just started Son of Sparda.

um..this is really hard. Thought I was doing pretty fucking well untill I got to those bloody ice demons. fuck me they take a beating on this mode. Not too slight on the damage either, the buggers. Still, a healthy exceed or two is doing wonders when I can do it.

If you find SoS hard just wait till you get to Dante Must Die.

You mean the icy wolf things? Do you have max Act? Just rev a lot and you'll be fine. The Ice boss was a bit tough on SoS though. Still haven't found all the blue orbs....

gah. Just cleared level 6 with the first dice room. I was shocked at how much of a massive shit kicker SOS turns that room in to. Red spots send you in to massive fights with ice demons, those electric bastards and, in one presumably freak occurance, the previous boss!

tried the survival mode with Dante today. got to 18, Berial, but i didn't have enough health to take him down. Alas.

DMC4 - PC Version

-120 fps max option

-Updated Visuals (pending a PC rig to handle it)

-Turbo Mode

-Alternate Mode (titled Legendary Dark Knight, more enemies and alternative enemy locations.

-Internally done by Capcom

-Like all Capcom next-gen games, they are originally done on PC and ported to console.

938687_20080423_screen003.jpg

938687_20080423_screen027.jpg

938687_20080423_screen026.jpg

938687_20080423_screen024.jpg

devil-may-cry-4-20080423104907388.jpg

938687_20080423_screen015.jpg

938687_20080423_screen013.jpg

938687_20080423_screen011.jpg

938687_20080423_screen010.jpg

938687_20080423_screen020.jpg

938687_20080423_screen030.jpg

looks..ah...the same!

I'd like DLC for this with Vergil playable with the same style he fought with in 3.

looks..ah...the same!

I'd like DLC for this with Vergil playable with the same style he fought with in 3.

Having 100 enemies on screen which looks the same to you?

My jaw literally fell open. First time in years that a games made me do that!

Purchased for sure! (if my rig can handle that many enemies that is...)

On mission 7 of this so far....really enjoying it. Although I must admit that I only just realised the art of "bustering". Every time I used it, I was locking on, so I was just snatching enemies. I have only discovered the joys of throwing enemies and special combos!

It's a shame they couldn't retain the quality of the models in order to have that many on-screen.

just so everyone knows... the PC version of DMC3 sucked balls compared to the console versions, basically because the visuals sucked, the videos were badly ported (things like the company logo at the beginning looked like low resolution avis) and the controls were beyond terrible.

Of course these days high quality dual shock copies are available, not to mention 360 pads that can be used with your PC, but I gotta say, without one of those, I wouldn't get a PC DMC....

Just to illustrate...

DMC3 PS2 review (9.7)

DMC3 PC review (5.8)

now maybe they'll learn from their mistakes... we'll see :)

Capcom didnt handle pc games till Lost Planet.

PC version of DMC3 was handle by Ubisoft like RE4 etc.

That's awesome news @drahkon :D personally I loved playing through DMC4 the first time so I would definitely be on-board for a new special edition with presumably more added content. : peace:

At this rate they might as well re-release the DMC original trilogy as well to preserve the series for future generations. :)

Sign in to follow this