NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Heaven

Devil May Cry 4

But didn't Dante ride off in to Hell in part 2, which was the last part of the story.:heh:

DMC Chronology

Devil May Cry 3

Devil May Cry 1

Devil May Cry: The Animated Series

Devil May Cry 4

Devil May Cry 2

Ah... DMC4 = my first DMC game so I assumed that 4 was the latest chronologically? :hmm:

Completed this game this morning. Brilliant game!

I take it that then the games don't go in order then? This is the first DMC game i have played and just assumed coz it said 4 on the end. When you first start playing the game and it gives u the runthrough of the other games it looked like they followed each other in order.

???

Yes the games are not in the right order and the reason because of DMC2.

DMC2 was made without knowlegde of the first game and without the team of the first game knowing about. Dante in DMC2 was some kind of Two-Face coin lover and a quite a silent person.

Capcom had to fixed DMC series by pushing DMC2 away from the series and brought the team that made DMC2 to make DMC3 ie prequel to the original Devil May Cry but more style and action of the first game.

DMC4 follows after from DMC.

Hmm but storyline-wise DMC2 still takes place after the original DMC yes? and DMC4 is set between the events of the first and 2...

So does this mean that DMC5 will carry on after 2? or will it come after 3,1,4 but before 2? (I think that makes sense) :heh:

Hmm but storyline-wise DMC2 still takes place after the original DMC yes? and DMC4 is set between the events of the first and 2...

So does this mean that DMC5 will carry on after 2? or will it come after 3,1,4 but before 2? (I think that makes sense) :heh:

Yes but DMC2 has been pushed away from DMC series even if Dante looks young than DMC4 self. :P

DMC2 is known as end of the series till they can fixed it.

DMC timeline goes like this DMC3>DMC>DMC4> >DMC2.

DMC5 will be following DMC4 in the timeline.

Everyone should look at this video of Nero's Bringer.

Right ok, i think i understand now tar. Nothing can be simple ey?

Nice vid, which i had that many health bars! lol

I couldn't help feel i prefered playing as Nero rather than Dante, my opinion may change when i play through again but i got so used to using devil bringer that when it switched to Dante i found it very hard to get used to it.

I found it hard at first, but then i realised how awesome Dante's gunslinger style is!

Takes a little bit of time to kill enemies with it, but used properly you can keep a hell of a lot of enemies at bay! Only time i find it a pain in the arse is with bosses, where a sword is 100x better (read: faster. I tried killing the dragon thing with guns and it took over half an hour!)

Anybody managed to do nonviolent resistance secret mission yet? It's impossible....

Anybody managed to do nonviolent resistance secret mission yet? It's impossible....

I have done it Shorty. :)

First you need to get shield hold from the mission 8 boss.

Knock down all the three enemies and hold the Frost and let the enemies hit it then carry on knocking down the enemies.

You only need to get half C style bar.

This video shows you how to do it.

Thanks Dante. I don't usually follow guides or videos for games but that secret mission just isn't fun.

Got this game today - awesome! Problem is I suck at combo's and such. It basically ends up with me mashing Y, and RB + B occassionally when they are flung away. Is there some hidden depth I've missed, or will it just come with time?

The point is to pause, Y is all you really need for sword fighting, but you have to pause occasionally, such as Y,Y,Y (pause) Y,Y etc..

I finally did all the secret missions (only worth a measly 10G!!) and moved on to Son of Sparda mode... some of the bosses are pretty damn tough on this difficulty. Especially that knight dude... umm... kyrie's brother, forgotten his name. He was so easy on the first couple of difficulties and so much harder in SoS.

This game...I haven't even touched my copy, but been playing it incessantly with a mate. Finished Heaven or Hell mode, which was pretty easy to be honest. It's awesome just walking up to Berial and shooting him in the face, especially since he was just a peck on Dante must die.

Hell and Hell mode though...there are no words to describe the injustice...

Read this for help Gizmo.

Press and hold the L2 BUTTON three times to rev up Nero's EX Gauge. For

every three revs, one gauge lamp will light up on Nero's HUD. Rev up

the EX Gauge up to nine times to fill up all three EX gauges. This will

power up the Red Queen and deliver some major damage to all enemies.

Also, when timed correctly, Nero can use an Instant Rev after

performing a combo. Press the L2 BUTTON just as Nero starts a combo and

one gauge lamp will light up automatically. This can only be done once

per combo, so don't think that you can light up all three lamps on one

attack!

--REV UP BEFORE FIGHTING ENEMIES

Rev up the Red Queen to max power just before jumping into battle. If

you know that a certain enemy might require some extra juice to defeat,

then Rev up before you encounter them!

--INSTANT REV

If you have impeccably perfect timing, then using the Instant Rev will

be helpful when fighting most of your enemies. But it is less likely

that you'll be using it after Mission 5, so stick with manual Revving.

--RED QUEEN COMBO A /\/\/\/\

--RED QUEEN COMBO B /\ (SLIGHT PAUSE) /\ (SLIGHT PAUSE) /\

--RED QUEEN COMBO C /\/\ (SLIGHT PAUSE) /\/\/\/\

--RED QUEEN COMBO D /\/\/\ (SLIGHT PAUSE) /\

--HIGH ROLLER R1 + <-- /\ (hold button to jump up)

--AERIAL COMBO /\/\/\/\ (mid-air or during High Roller attack)

--STREAK --> R1 + /\

--ROULETTE SPIN /\/\ (SLIGHT PAUSE) /\ IN MID-AIR

--EXCEED L2 BUTTON

--INSTANT REV L2 AFTER EXECUTING AN ATTACK

--CALIBUR R1 + <-- --> /\ IN MID-AIR

--CHARGE SHOT HOLD []

--RAINBOW Press the SELECT BUTTON while running

--EVASION ROLL R1 + X BUTTON (use Left Analog Stick to roll)

--TABLE HOPPER R1 + X BUTTON (before enemy attack)

--BUSTER O (near enemy; in mid-air)

--DEVIL BUSTER O WHILE DEVIL TRIGGER IS ACTIVE

--GRIM GRIP R1 + CIRCLE BUTTON (standing on blue crest)

--SNATCH R1 + O (near enemy; mid-air combo)

--DEVIL SNATCH R1 + O WHLE DEVIL TRIGGER IS ACTIVE

--HOLD HOLD O AFTER EXECUTING BUSTER

--SUMMONED SWORDS [] WHILE DEVIL TRIGGER IS ACTIVE

--EX STREAK: Nero can also charge up the Red Queen when you press and

hold the buttons to perform the Streak. When done correctly, Nero will

stand still while revving the Red Queen and will automatically do a

Super Streak when the buttons are released.

--EX HIGH ROLLER: Perform a High Roller attack with one (or more) gauge

lamps lit up and Nero will perform a Super High Roller. Press the Rev

button again in mid-air to do an Instant Rev.

GOLDEN RULE #1

Every time you Buster a boss with Nero, your exact moves should be thus: DT before bustering, as soon as buster begins deactivate DT, start hammering the gun button. The reason for this: 1. DT'd busters do far more damage than normal. 2. Deactivating the DT will not stop the animation, it will proceed with the buster as if you were Devil Triggered, this simply stops the drain on your DT. 3. Pressing the gun button (at any time) while DT'd (even after deactivating) will allow you to fire Phantom swords. Keep hitting the gun button during the animation to fire phantom swords, and stack on extra damage.

GOLDEN RULE #2

Whenever Nero Devil Triggers, his "familiar" appears with a punch. During this attack, Nero is protected by invincibility frames. That means if you are hit during this animation, the attack will go right through you and not damage you. It also immediately cancels any attack you're doing. This is very important to learn. If ever you see an attack coming and you do not think you can dodge it, or you are in the middle of an attack, hit DT right before it hits, it will save you. This is key for no-hit damage runs.

GOLDEN RULE #3

Re-map your controls. Stick the gun button on something your fingers can access at all times. It's not plausible to be holding down Square/X while doing combos, move the gun button to L1 or R2 (Lb or RT) instead. It's very important to be able to charge your gun during combos. Not only does it help your combos, but the gun itself is very powerful. It has a guard breaking effect, making it very useful on bosses like Credo. Not only that, the level 3 charge does a LOT of damage, and in some cases, flinches a boss (like Berial). Learn it, master it, use it.

The point is to pause, Y is all you really need for sword fighting, but you have to pause occasionally, such as Y,Y,Y (pause) Y,Y etc..

I finally did all the secret missions (only worth a measly 10G!!) and moved on to Son of Sparda mode... some of the bosses are pretty damn tough on this difficulty. Especially that knight dude... umm... kyrie's brother, forgotten his name. He was so easy on the first couple of difficulties and so much harder in SoS.

Credo is quite easy for me on SoS but very hard on DMD mode. :(

makes Blitz look so easy to kill.

I should really get round to finishing this on other difficulty settings after I've finished Ninja Gaiden.

Am I the only one who really thinks this game oozes mediocrity? It's so generic I may lose a kidney if i keep playing it!!

Glad I'm swapping it for ratchet and Clank!!

It's alright, very well put together, looks great but it's just a hack and slash! Very cinematic too but it just aint doing it for me, Uncharted on the other hand.....

I'm very excited about Ratchet too!

There's a lot more to it than Hack & Slash. The point is to make the moves look good, flowing from one enemy to another, to another and so on. You can complete the game by spazzing on the Y button (triangle on PS3?) but it would be boring as hell!

I suppose it's not everyones thing though. I admit i have no enthusiasm to play it through again, gonna trade it in soon methinks

I bet he didnt upgrade his skills for Nero and Dante and played the easy mode than Devil Hunter.

I wonder if he even got to up misson 7 with Nero.

Sign in to follow this