NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Heaven

Devil May Cry 4

Are you playing DMC4? The story is excellent and one of the best voice-acted I have ever seen in a game.

ok- on further investigation and purchase this afternoon I can evaluate the above:

you are either utterly fucking batshit insane, or have never read a book, seen a film or gone to see a single play in your entire life. Jesus christ, what barrel scraping turd are you judging the story and acting in this game against!?

DMC 4 is without a doubt, the Homoerotic Game of the Year, as voted for by ME.

Dante = Hot

Nero = HAWT

Them fighting with their massive swords = Off the fucking chart ^_^

I'm waiting for the slow motion pistol polishing scene, myself.

YUM!

That is all . . .

Dante = Hot

Nero = HAWT

Is it possible for you to not try to make everything homoerotic?:indeed:

Is it possible for you to not try to make everything homoerotic?:indeed:

Wait a minute.. A gay person saying gay things! I'm gonna be sick!

Completed DMC4 on Son of Sparta difficulty today :smile: loved the extra cutscene at the end, won't go into detail but hopefully that sets things up nicely for DMC5... (you know it will happen :P )

ok- on further investigation and purchase this afternoon I can evaluate the above:

you are either utterly fucking batshit insane, or have never read a book, seen a film or gone to see a single play in your entire life. Jesus christ, what barrel scraping turd are you judging the story and acting in this game against!?

Ok, calm down there son. As it happens: I'm taking an English degree. So I've seen plays, watched films and unsurprisingly read a fair few books.

DMC4 has a storyline that I loved. Maybe it's because I'm a fan of East-Asian cinema and manga, maybe it's because I'm a sucker for the occasional hero vs. villain good-guy wins cliché action. But to say it's a style based game with a flimsy plot nailed on is not fair to the game, in my opinion. It's no masterpiece. It's not going to be studied on literature courses in 200 years time, but it was well thought out, somewhat unique (at least, if you try to avoid comparisons with the villainous plots from Heroes S1 and the trade paperback "The Watchmen") and I never for a moment thought the story sucked. Yesterday I went to see Be Kind Rewind. Now that was a great idea with a flimsy plot nailed on. This is a great game with a cool concept tying it together.

What game am I judging the acting against? Well for starters there's... every single dubbed JRPG or Japanese fighting game that has been released in the last ten years.

Dante = Hot

Nero = HAWT

No unlockable outfits in this DMC4.

So no topless versions of Dante and Nero for you.

No unlockable outfits in this DMC4.

So no topless versions of Dante and Nero for you.

*crys self to sleep*

But seriously, saying i'm making up the fact that DMC is homoerotic is like denying that Top Gun is one of the gayest films ever made!

what is it with Capcom and saving?? got as far as that guy with the flying swords last night.. where you get that katana.. i saved and wanted to play on today... I had to start that level over.. grrrr... got him again.. my bloody game crashes.. guess what.. i had to get him again.. playing that dice game 3 times in a row gets a bit tedious.. and then it struck me.. capcom always makes these stupid save systems.. Dead Rising anyone? Resident Evil? Maybe i have overlooked something.. but why can you save in the middle of a game if you have to start from scratch anyway? sorry about this rant.. i almost exploded when the game crashed and i had to play dice game for the 3 time

what is it with Capcom and saving?? got as far as that guy with the flying swords last night.. where you get that katana.. i saved and wanted to play on today... I had to start that level over..

What's worse is that when you finish a level you get a "saving" message that doesn't actually save the game.

*crys self to sleep*

But seriously, saying i'm making up the fact that DMC is homoerotic is like denying that Top Gun is one of the gayest films ever made!

are you implying that oiled up slow motion beach vollyball in tighty whities, soundtracked by a song called 'playing with the boys' is gay? you make me sick.

Lolol. I think he was comparing to what you'd usually expect of an action adventure. The story is stupid as fuck, but still entertaining, and it's better than the first two games...maybe not as good as the third. And Dante is a badass motherfucker...either way, even though it's early on, this is a contender for game of 2008, at least for me. If Ninja Gaiden 2 can top this, then, shit, it's gonna be a good year :yay:

Yeah, If Ninja Gay Den (lolololol) is better...fuck. it's going to be quality.

Finished Human mode today. DH mode begins later...

Got this game today on PS3. Never played a DMC game before, from the little i have played today, i like it so far!

Something about a girl in DMC4.

Some magazine or something just slotted her in.

I don't know what to say about this.

Something about a girl in DMC4.

Some magazine or something just slotted her in.

I don't know what to say about this.

uhhhh

what!?

Completed DMC4 on Son of Sparta difficulty today :smile: loved the extra cutscene at the end, won't go into detail but hopefully that sets things up nicely for DMC5... (you know it will happen :P )

But didn't Dante ride off in to Hell in part 2, which was the last part of the story.:heh:

DMC Chronology

Devil May Cry 3

Devil May Cry 1

Devil May Cry: The Animated Series

Devil May Cry 4

Devil May Cry 2

Sign in to follow this