NEurope
Dante

Arctic Monkeys win Mercury prize

Yes I can. They are talentless, ie, they lack talent. Open your ears, strumming a power chord is not skillful, and writing 2 minute whiny, repititive excuses for shit is not talented.

Open up to other types of music? Thats more than a little fucking presumptious, just because I don't listen to bad, pretentious indie bollocks doesn't mean that I don't appreciate "other types" of music. I listen to everything from electronica, to blues to classical to metal, so just because the only thing in your musical vocabulary is "oasis" and "libertines" doesn't mean that you should assume that other people are the same. Peace out.

I cant be bothered to argue cos no matter what i say your iron fist is always right. So i think we will have to agree to disagree in the fact that i believe the monkeys have a lot talent whereas you think otherwise.

Also young man oasis and the libertines are not the only thing in my musical vocabulary.....I was listening to all kinds of music before you was even out of nappies :kiss: So dont try to tell me what i listen to and dont tell me my music is bad pretentious indie bollocks cos not once have i slagged off any type of music you listen to as i can respect people have different tastes.

Peace out oh holy music man of knowledge :heh:

The Mercury prize usually honours the original, daring or different forms of music. Arctic Monkeys really don't have any of these qualities.

Hmmm, I agree with this sentiment. Although Arctic Monkeys are a good band with some decent tunes you can hardly call them startlingly original. You can't throw a stone into itunes without clonking some indie upstarts with a Libertines or Franz Ferdinand inspired sound on the head. I would have liked Guillimots to have won it, I like their kooky pop sound with the Beefheart ideals of learning to 'unplay' their instruments. Plus their bassist is exceptionally attractive.

I cant be bothered to argue cos no matter what i say your iron fist is always right. So i think we will have to agree to disagree in the fact that i believe the monkeys have a lot talent whereas you think otherwise.

Also young man oasis and the libertines are not the only thing in my musical vocabulary.....I was listening to all kinds of music before you was even out of nappies :kiss: So dont try to tell me what i listen to and dont tell me my music is bad pretentious indie bollocks cos not once have i slagged off any type of music you listen to as i can respect people have different tastes.

Peace out oh holy music man of knowledge :heh:

I suppose thats fair. Then again I was playing the keyboard when I was 3 years old, so yet again your statements prove ill informed, but don't worry, theres no need to be embarassed, it happens all the time, you see, people have yet to grasp this fact: I'm always right. :p.

I was listening to all kinds of music before you was even out of nappies

I was playing the keyboard when I was 3 years old, so yet again your statements prove ill informed.

How does your statement contradict Platty's?

Well, I suppose it depends on when he thinks "I was out of nappies." I don't remember when I was out of nappies, and to be honest it's irrelevant. If he was "listening to all sorts of music" then thats good for him, but ultimately it does little to improve his poor taste.

Well, I suppose it depends on when he thinks "I was out of nappies." I don't remember when I was out of nappies, and to be honest it's irrelevant. If he was "listening to all sorts of music" then thats good for him, but ultimately it does little to improve his poor taste.

Do you still not realise that taste in music cannot be good or bad?

Do you still not realise that taste in music cannot be good or bad?

Um, I don't really care.

Um, I don't really care.

That's precisely the problem. If you disregard everybody's muical opinion that differs from your own then there's not much point in coming onto a music thread is there.

That's precisely the problem. If you disregard everybody's muical opinion that differs from your own then there's not much point in coming onto a music thread is there.

To be honest, I don't know, I come here mainly for my gaming news, and pissing off you fine folk is just the true definition of an added perk, you can look it up in the dictionary, it's under "P", it's right next to "Pain in the ass," and curiously enough, your picture is right next to it.

To be honest, I don't know, I come here mainly for my gaming news, and pissing off you fine folk is just the true definition of an added perk, you can look it up in the dictionary, it's under "P", it's right next to "Pain in the ass," and curiously enough, your picture is right next to it.

Look up hypocrite. Under "H", your picture is next to that.

How can you seriously call me a "pain in the ass" when you just stated that pissing everyone off was an added perk. You seriously need to take a look in the mirror sometime.

Look up hypocrite. Under "H", your picture is next to that.

How can you seriously call me a "pain in the ass" when you just stated that pissing everyone off was an added perk. You seriously need to take a look in the mirror sometime.

Great comeback there, not particularly original, but we all have our days. As for being a pain in the ass, well, the people that consider me one are people whose opinion I already have no regard for, so...er, suck it.

Anyway, I'm bored with this, let me drink my rum in peace.

Oh God, not again. :heh:

Guys, we know we're not all going to agree on this. I think Platty and Moogle got it spot on, taste is down to the person.

But, The Bard, how can you expect other people to listen to what you have to say if you don't want to listen to what they have to say? You should respect their opinions, and in return you can expect to have your own opinions respected. Every music thread doesn't have to go down the pan.

It was a post about an award and turned into a post about the different bands people like. Everyone shut up and stop arguing and keep it like that. Not everyone is going to like the same music and the same bands. Life would be boring otherwise.