NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
david.dakota

Wired Controllers

Given the abundance of wireless nowadays, why, oh why is the Revolution controller not completely wireless (do the dongles need to be attached with wires?!)

I feel it makes the controller look cheap - surely since a wireless signal would only need to be less than two meters far less batery power would be needed.

I think it's a case of avoiding conflicting radio signals between all the different controllers; I hope that the wire is going to be a little bit longer than it looks in this, though, especially when swinging the controller around as a sword I don't want to have to be swinging both arms around to stop me from pulling the lead out.

I think it's a case of avoiding conflicting radio signals between all the different controllers; I hope that the wire is going to be a little bit longer than it looks in this, though, especially when swinging the controller around as a sword I don't want to have to be swinging both arms around to stop me from pulling the lead out.

I think that most swordy games won't need an expansion. I quite like the wires being there though, wires make me feel secure. (I do use a wavebird though.)

Yeh I mean i'm guessing most people will naturally hold the two attachments close together anyway through years of normal controller use.

I agree the wire needs to be longer. It's obviously on a wire, so that it doesn't need it's own seperate power source. I think it's good though, as it means you are free to move your arms seperately with ease. They said a conventional controller add-on will be available. I reckon that this won't be on a wire. It'll just plug in the bottom, and you'll hold that. The Rev. controller will sit in the top, or round the back. By the looks of it, the controller has a huge battery. I wouldn't doubt Nintendo's abilities to keep the power running for as long as the wavebird.

since the controller is single handed, it may be possible to need two controllers.

and they could have "attachments" which are just another wireless controller...

since the controller is single handed, it may be possible to need two controllers.

and they could have "attachments" which are just another wireless controller...

Watch the demo video and keep an eye out for the "drummer" playing his skins with his two "sticks".

Batteries would be a be concern with it.

Will they release a lithium battery for it or will it be cumbersome AAA/AA batteries all the time? Costing a fortune in the long run.

I believe that the intention is for it to be rechargable batteries, though I'm unsure of how they will charge, i.e. plug the controller in or an external charger. The pics show an access cover, so I'm guessing they will be removable, means you can buy spares so you can carry on playing whilst recharging a spent battery.

OK, I just had thought. Imagine a wavebird controller, but the whole battery pack area is replaced with a large slot for the rev. controller to slot into. For those of you with the wavebird, you should be able to see what i mean. Looking at the size of the Rev. controller, it could quite easily slot into a wavebird style controller, and be perfectly safe. The power and rumble, and gyro feature would be provided byt the Rev. controller, and the traditional style face button layout would be provided by the add-on. All you would see of the rev. controller is the top poking out, which would still provide you with the power button for example. IMO, this is perfect for people who don't want to follow the new approach with classic style games. Also a dock similar to those with iPod would work perfectly for recharge, and it would look cool too.

i'm wondering whether the rev will have the ability to receive wavebird signals without having to insert the receiver into the gamecube ports? cause the receiver sticking out the top of the rev would look a bit rubbish.

Sign in to follow this