NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Rogue Traders

Did anyone watch the return of this show last night? Did you hear the foul language they were spouting at 8:40!? O_O

Man, I freaking love this show. In the start up I was cheering and stuff.

And come to think about it, I guess it was a little early....but...Well I dont care, but I can imagine some would.

But they were whispering. Oh well.

Next episode looks kick ass!

I saw some dude say Bullshit before I went to work. I did notice that it was only about 8:40. Quite shocking, especially for the BBC.

I saw the show but I didn't hear any foul language.

The word 'bullshit' was used no less than 3 times, plus the word 'bastard' was employed also.

The word 'bullshit' was used no less than 3 times, plus the word 'bastard' was employed also.

Missed that bit.

Some swearing seems to be permitted now before 9, even on kid's channels. Just like the F word is now acceptible in a 12A.

You get the word Shit used in some PG films. Back To The Future and the 1987 classic Masters Of The Universe have it.

Some swearing seems to be permitted now before 9, even on kid's channels. Just like the F word is now acceptible in a 12A.

"shit" is fine for a PG, plenty have it, even ET (a "U") has it whispered once. as for the "F" word, it even appeared once in an old 80's Action Man cartoon, and that was a PG! although it was sung, so maybe not maybe people caught on lol!

noticed the simpsons last night, about 7/7:30 i think it was, had the word "bastard" several times too... tsk, tsk, what is the world coming to ;):D

That's nothing though, I remember about a year ago Channel Four seemed to be getting really relaxed over bad language before the watershed. They had a lot of swearing on some lunchtime programming. Richard And Judy were dry humping on the 12' O Clock news.

Men in Black was a PG, and the first words in it were "ahh shit". Nowadays, language like fuck and shit is a lot more accepted, but now you can't use words like "cripple" and "chink" and "n*****" which were used often without complaint way back in the 60s.

Men in Black was a PG, and the first words in it were "ahh shit". Nowadays, language like fuck and shit is a lot more accepted, but now you can't use words like "cripple" and "chink" and "n*****" which were used often without complaint way back in the 60s.

Man...can you imagine someone using all those words in one sentence.

Racism was accepted on television as recently as the early 80's. It was only then that tv execs realised it might actually be offended some people and political correctness was born.

I heard someone say "shit" on Newsround a few years ago, it was hilarious when they apologised the next day. Someone got the sack for that.

Back to the future is riddled with swear words! I'm surprised its a PG.

It was quite a long time ago, but a lot has changed on the things that can be acceptable.

noticed the simpsons last night, about 7/7:30 i think it was, had the word "bastard" several times too... tsk, tsk, what is the world coming to ;):D

I thought I heard them say bastard once. But I watched the episode again and he (homer) actually said blasted.

The ebst one was on ages ago, but it cancelled when they were found out for the 2rd time. It was the hosue with loads of hidden cameras in it.

One time they walked in on the people monitoring them in the basement.

I was watching a program that said the word "gypo" were more offensive than saying "fuck" or "****".

Yeah, fuck off.

Gypo's have taken over my local park/thing. I did play football on it but these bastards stopped us. They even shit all over the kids park. There was a huge pile on the slide.

The community support officers that caught us skating this mill said some "Gypos" ahd beent here. Was quite funny, he also said "shit", not ahrsh i know, but they are police after all.

I thought I heard them say bastard once. But I watched the episode again and he (homer) actually said blasted.

They said wanker twice before, and bastard/bitch a few times.

And here's me thinking this would be about the Australian pop group. lol

haha same lol, i thought they'd be talking about izzy from neighbours