NEurope
Helmsly

Steve Irwin dies

He would want it this way.

Irwin's death was only the third known stingray death in Australian waters, said shark and stingray expert Victoria Brims.

Wildlife experts said the normally passive creatures only sting in defence, striking with a bayonet-like barb when they feel threatened or are trodden on.

He would want it this way, Shorty.

Too right, the guy dedicated his life to abusing deadly animals and he must've known that despite how entertaining some people found his animal abuse that when it inevitably backfired on him that people had the right to poke fun at it the same way he poked all those poor animals.

He died doing what he loved, ironically against a much less dangerous foe then we'd have all expected. A quality guy, a top entertainer and a legend in every right.

Rest in peace, Steve Irwin. You'll be missed.

Too right, the guy dedicated his life to abusing deadly animals and he must've known that despite how entertaining some people found his animal abuse that when it inevitably backfired on him that people had the right to poke fun at it the same way he poked all those poor animals.

Errrm I agree with Shorty and knightendo here. Right so let me make my point, poking animals does not hurt them in any way, it only aggrivates (sp?) them. And I dont think Steve deserves jokes about his death.

Anyway R.I.P Stevy and god bless your family.

He should have worn sunscreen. It might have blocked out the harmful rays.

Was a bit of a shock, but y'know....the odds were bound to catch up with him.

Oh c'mon! We all laughed at the tsunami jokes, a day after it happened.

Yeah, he's right. We'll find the humour eventually, this stuff just takes time.

Right so let me make my point, poking animals does not hurt them in any way

So, you wouldn't mind if I poked you with a sharp stick repeatedly?

So, you wouldn't mind if I poked you with a sharp stick repeatedly?

I certainly wouldn't mind if you did that to him.

You know what, I was only stating my opinions and all I get is it thrown back in my face. And 3rd how very kind of you.

You know what, I was only stating my opinions and all I get is it thrown back in my face. And 3rd how very kind of you.

Well, you shouldn't go speaking for animals without expereincing their torment first then, should you?

Crickey, god damn that sucks. i didn't believe it when my brother told me this morning! What a great guy. RIP!!

________

Greenbrier

Edited by fex

i say it is a shame the guy died. Rok i see your point and agree. but you must realise he did do good things for animals too. i am sure that when he was poking with stick it was not with the intention to torment them, i might be wrong.

but i agree that the picture was funny. i see no reason for the flaming. the man died from an animal attack he was always going to go that way.

He should have worn sunscreen. It might have blocked out the harmful rays.

Was a bit of a shock, but y'know....the odds were bound to catch up with him.

irwinoim7.jpg

watched the occasional crocodile hunter on tv the guys a legend ill miss him :) thoughts are with the guys kids :(

Steve Irwin was a legend. I felt really sad when I heard about it at the station this afternoon.

RIP

i am sure that when he was poking with stick it was not with the intention to torment them, i might be wrong.

I'd like to know what he thought he was doing then.

Wait.. This whole discussion about those images being offensive is still going? Pfft, some people are pathetic.

I'm amazed at how I keep thinking how sad this is. Shallow as it may sound, normally when someone famous dies I feel bad for a bit, but then let it go. Since I heard the news this morning, I have been thinking that it is quite a loss. Commiserations go to his family.

On the bright side, Dabookerman and I decided that he'll have a bunch of cool extinct creatures to fight with up in heaven. Dinosaurs and the like.

When you get a chance check out his IMDB message boards for some shocking and heartfelt comments.

The thing is, every time I imagine what happened, it's just like that scene out of Invasion, you know?

Also, apparently, the ray was buried and Steve swam over it, as opposed to him poking it or whatever and it felt threatened and did its thing.

I couldn't stomach his show but he had kids and it's sad.