NEurope
Helmsly

Steve Irwin dies

Steve may have done the odd poking at animals, but he knew what he was doing, and knew when he was going too far and actually hurting them.

He was a conservationist, and had a love for every single one of the earths animals. Just listening to him speak to them, you could tell how much respect he had for each one. When he did pick up a snake with a stick or whatever, he would do it carefully and maybe only be moving the snake to a more safe place.

Steve may have done the odd poking at animals, but he knew what he was doing, and knew when he was going too far and actually hurting them.

He was a conservationist, and had a love for every single one of the earths animals. Just listening to him speak to them, you could tell how much respect he had for each one. When he did pick up a snake with a stick or whatever, he would do it carefully and maybe only be moving the snake to a more safe place.

Yeah, sure.

All those crocs he poked until they tried to bite him just so he could show their teeth to the camera was all done for their own good.

Meh, it's a terrible shame, repeated of his programes got me through countless hours whenever I've been ill and lying on the sofa...

At least it was a fairly fitting death.

I like to thing his final words were "Crickey, it's a big one!"...

When my friend told me, I couldn't believe it. Such a legend in every way, at least he died the way he wanted to die. RIP.

Yeah, sure.

All those crocs he poked until they tried to bite him just so he could show their teeth to the camera was all done for their own good.

Get over yourself. He was a conservationist and worked to do good for wildlife, relocating crocs to prevent them for being killed. His methods were unusual but that was to bring in a TV audience - and it successed. Compare the ratings of his programmes against David Attenborough's of the last 10 years. He knew how to bring in an audience, he never actually killed any of the animals he pursued.

Now if you're gonna say people deserve death because of animal cruelty, then first start with the big game hunters, the fox hunters, spanish bullfighters, fur wearers (particular those that wear rare fur, such as Pete Burns).

It is sad what has happened, but he was always at risk with what he did.

only heard about this couple of hours ago. Realy sucks the guy was a legend sympathies to his family

Heard it this morning, thought it was a mistake but unfortunately was confirmed later on. It'll be a difficult time for the family he left behind.

Y'know, they said he was killed during filming. do you thing his death was recorded on camera?

Depends, I personally think the incident happend just after entering the water, as the vibrations from flashes cause a disturbance to sea creatures, thus making the crocodile hunter a danger to sting rays.

If it happend as I guessed, it wouldnt of been filmed.

Yeah I think it was filmed. Hope they still go through with it as a last program for him.

This really was terrible news. My mum told me the moment I woke up and I was completely surprised. It was so sudden...

R.I.P and my commiserations go to his family

This really was terrible news. My mum told me the moment I woke up and I was completely surprised. It was so sudden...

R.I.P and my commiserations go to his family

"Good morning! Steve Irwin is dead".

Not exactly the nicest wake-up call is it?

i feel really bad about his death, he was a good guy and a great entertainer. Feel sorry for his family, Goodbye Stevey.

"Good morning! Steve Irwin is dead".

Not exactly the nicest wake-up call is it?

I imagine her just kicking open the door, running up to him in bed, getting a few inches away from his face and then screaming "IRWIN IS DEAD!".

keep your disgusting jokes to yourself rokhed. you may think it's funny but this is a public forum where a lot of people respected the guy and the great work he did. to say he tortured animals with a stick shows just how little you knew of him!! to flame him by joking about his death (or anyone's death!) is just sick! you have caused offence to his fans on here and those that know how much he'll be missed. have repect, the man did the world many favours in his lifetime of work, and his wife and kids will now have to try to live without him, and you make jokes. i really can't believe you are trying to justify yourself!

to get back on topic...

the work he did, and the awareness his programmes brought will leave a lasting effect on the world at large, and his achievements cannot be understated. and dabookerman and 3rdchildren, you're right :) hopefully he is in heaven with all the crocs and sharks that he couldn't help in this world, he can now help them in the next :)

i actually think this is the last way he'd ever want to go, as he was always so passionate that these creatures are not a threat to us if we respect them as equals.

Although i added my sadness to this thread i have to say the whole steve irwin dying thing is getting outta hand.

Of course it's a tragedy that Steve Irwin has died But it does annoy me that people in their dozens post commemorative bulletins/threads/posts all over the internet about it when 14 British troops died a couple of days ago when their aircraft crashed.

Don't remember anyone posting anything mentioning those honorable men?

Bah.

Although i added my sadness to this thread i have to say the whole steve irwin dying thing is getting outta hand.

Of course it's a tragedy that Steve Irwin has died But it does annoy me that people in their dozens post commemorative bulletins/threads/posts all over the internet about it when 14 British troops died a couple of days ago when their aircraft crashed.

Don't remember anyone posting anything mentioning those honorable men?

Bah.

They aren't television legends, nobody cares about them but their friends and families. I wouldn't expect the internet to roll out the memes and heartfelt thanks if I died either.

As did he when he shoved his thumb up animals behinds....

or was that south park... :heh:

Yes he did. It's probably better to avoid the old animanuses. Regardless of whether he did or not.

They aren't television legends, nobody cares about them but their friends and families. I wouldn't expect the internet to roll out the memes and heartfelt thanks if I died either.

I can see both points I suppose. I guess there are certain traits people admired in Steve, so in a way he was a role model to them?

Its a bit of a weird concept to me though, having someone you don't know (or more importantly doesn't know you) as a role model.

I do know from experience though, its only when a person dies that you truely realise the place they played in your life. I think its important to take time to reflect on people you care for and who are important in your life and to take the time to let them know you appreciate them.

anyway, I remember some of his shows, I can't say I enjoyed them huge amounts, but its sad to know his kids will be left unable to get to know their father (Although I imagine to a small extent there will be plenty of video of him they can watch over).

Also feel sorry for his wife, Obviously I can't imagine what she's going through at the moment.