NEurope
jayseven

Universitay!

Sorry I should be staying there I haven't had any confirmation of where I am staying,when did find out.

Well I thought seen as its not me thats paying but someone else, I thought what the hell, plus I can have a few minutes lie in when it comes to going over for lectures.

Woah, you still ahevnt heard? I'd get onto them...

Quality. I'm down at 114. That's to say, I will once I get there on the 23rd. We shall be compelled to raise the roof and so on.

Awesome. Well feel free to ride by anytime. My contract starts on the 15th, so i'll be moving down on the 16th. They aint having a week's worth of rent for nothing!

Woah, you still ahevnt heard? I'd get onto them...

Awesome. Well feel free to ride by anytime. My contract starts on the 15th, so i'll be moving down on the 16th. They aint having a week's worth of rent for nothing!

They say by the 7th I should know though, plus I know how to get around the stupid encryption for personel devices

i'm really starting to brick it now about freshers week and uni as a whole, in the first week i'm going to have to spend at last 250 quid on books/lab coats/cards etc etc then i know next to nobody-like 2 people who live in manchester-so i'm really starting to get nervous.

i still cant bloody well wait to be all independant and free-ish and learning an awesome awesome AWESOME subject :D

bring on the work :D

I ordered a book from Amazon Marketplace a tenner less than it would cost new. It's the first time I've ordered something from the Marketplace before so hoping it arrives soon [should be tomorrow]. If it's in good nick I may attempt to buy more books from the Marketplace on the cheap, for the price it may cost me to buy a couple I could have double the number.

Saves relying on the library or using Google books, which although useful it does lead to distractions...

Back to uni for my 3rd year!! WooHoo! Can't wait, uni is great!

________

Modulo

Edited by fex

i'm really starting to brick it now about freshers week and uni as a whole, in the first week i'm going to have to spend at last 250 quid on books/lab coats/cards etc etc then i know next to nobody-like 2 people who live in manchester-so i'm really starting to get nervous.

i still cant bloody well wait to be all independant and free-ish and learning an awesome awesome AWESOME subject :D

bring on the work :D

Don't splash out on text books until you know you definitely have to have them. Plus, your uni will have a library. I bought one text book my entire time at university and that was a mistake.

Don't splash out on text books until you know you definitely have to have them. Plus, your uni will have a library. I bought one text book my entire time at university and that was a mistake.

Listen to this man.

That's why i've bought no books, so far. I ended up buying a whole load of books, and only used about 1 or 2 of them...for 10 minutes.

Be vigilant!

Damn right I have spent so much on books I could be a tin pot dictator by now. Having said that I love the feeling people must get when they come into my room and see all my books and think he must be a really intellegent guy and then I tell them I like Neighbours and I lose all credibility.

Damn right I have spent so much on books I could be a tin pot dictator by now. Having said that I love the feeling people must get when they come into my room and see all my books and think he must be a really intellegent guy and then I tell them I like Neighbours and I lose all credibility.

Neighbours is fine, its just that Josh Groban addiction you have to worry about!

dont buy books till your there, there are loads of older students trying to offload there etc and there are book fairs =/ i didnt buy a book all first year and those that did hardly used them. Dont be worried about freshers week, look forward to it, its awesome =/

Neighbours is fine, its just that Josh Groban addiction you have to worry about!

Yeh thats um Last FMs screw up not mine I think :grin: don't worry soon it will be pure Madness.

dont buy books till your there, there are loads of older students trying to offload there etc and there are book fairs =/ i didnt buy a book all first year and those that did hardly used them. Dont be worried about freshers week, look forward to it, its awesome =/

i'm only worried cos i dont know anyone, its just normal nerves, i know tons of other people will be in the same situation-i just cant panic lmao

i'm only worried cos i dont know anyone, its just normal nerves, i know tons of other people will be in the same situation-i just cant panic lmao

Thing is about freshers week is you'll spend most of your time shitting youself (hopefully not litterally) but so will everybody else. You'll fit right in:hehe:

Yeah, first year freshers week is usually quite fun, but there are issues like being nervous and not really knowing people, but everyone is going though the same thing. Just talk to people and be prepared to answer the same questions again and again (where are you from? what course are you doing? etc. etc.) which can get a bit annoying, but eventually you will meet loads of people you like.

I got a timetable for my Freshers week. The social side is a load of crap; chavvy drinkfests with z-list celebrities. However I've noticed theres like a "Rock/Indie/Emo/Punk/Alternative" group you can join. I won't, but hopefully they'll have some decent events over the three years.

I got a timetable for my Freshers week. The social side is a load of crap; chavvy drinkfests with z-list celebrities. However I've noticed theres like a "Rock/Indie/Emo/Punk/Alternative" group you can join. I won't, but hopefully they'll have some decent events over the three years.

Feel the love :heh:

Phew, my SAAS application DID get through. Wee weight off my mind there. Also my feshers is a little over the top on booze side of things. Seriously, does booze have to be included with everything?

Are you still going to Derby?

of things. Seriously, does booze have to be included with everything?

No. I don't drink and i still had a great fresher's week. You can do it, too. ;)

No. I don't drink and i still had a great fresher's week. You can do it, too. ;)

It's not that there is booze. I'm fine with booze. I'm just rather taken aback by the minds that seem desperate to fill every facet of life with it. I have nightmares that I'm going to walk into college on my first day and have my body crushed by the wall of booze flowing out of the elevator in a slightly bizarre homage to Stanley Kubrik by the film students. I want to live!

Neither did I, I was really innocent before I went to Uni. You can ahve a good time without drinking just find some nice people go out drink whatever you like watch some films. Don't do offical events as they are usuall shit and drink sex fests.

It's not that there is booze. I'm fine with booze. I'm just rather taken aback by the minds that seem desperate to fill every facet of life with it. I have nightmares that I'm going to walk into college on my first day and have my body crushed by the wall of booze flowing out of the elevator in a slightly bizarre homage to Stanley Kubrik by the film students. I want to live!

Hahaha. You're gonna live, man. It's going to be alright!