NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii demo pods?

Why cant they put them up for Late September

because it's not going to be sat in a shop for over a month before it launches, think late oct but probably early nov as launch window so therefore mid oct at the earliest for demo pods.... your setting yourself up for a big let down if you think it'll be any sooner.

because it's not going to be sat in a shop for over a month before it launches, think late oct but probably early nov as launch window so therefore mid oct at the earliest for demo pods.... your setting yourself up for a big let down if you think it'll be any sooner.

I cant wait that long

dunno really...... maybe have sex with my girlfriend to cheer me up :laughing:

haaa your funney

haaa your funney

well i dunno if that was sarcastic or not but meh. i only speak the truth.

seriously thou, if Wii turned out to be pants then i guess my 360 and DS would get all my attention in terms of gaming. i already enjoy them both anyways.

well i dunno if that was sarcastic or not but meh. i only speak the truth.

seriously thou, if Wii turned out to be pants then i guess my 360 and DS would get all my attention in terms of gaming. i already enjoy them both anyways.

Yeah I think it going to be October when we can play it in the shops

What would you do if Wii turned out to be crap?

Save up and get a PS3, at least then I would be able to play Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and Resident Evil 5 along with a few other thrid party titles that aren't going to be on the Wii.

Save up and get a PS3, at least then I would be able to play Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and Resident Evil 5 along with a few other thrid party titles that aren't going to be on the Wii.

Yeah but Metal Gear Solid is not out this year for PS3

I cant wait that long

Thing is Canand, Nintendo arent gonna aim at a time to suit you. It will be at a time when the Wii is more likely to sell, which is the holiday season.

If I were Nintendo, i'd get the demo pods out now, to build hype. But chances are they'l be damaged within weeks and no one else will be able to play, so they have to get the timing right. So im expecting to see these a week or 2 before launch, if they ever come to the UK, which is still uncertain.

they need a pod, after all at e3 they said playing=beliving, and barly anyone these days buys somthing over £100 without at least trying it first or finding stuff out about it!!

Thing is Canand, Nintendo arent gonna aim at a time to suit you. It will be at a time when the Wii is more likely to sell, which is the holiday season.

If I were Nintendo, i'd get the demo pods out now, to build hype. But chances are they'l be damaged within weeks and no one else will be able to play, so they have to get the timing right. So im expecting to see these a week or 2 before launch, if they ever come to the UK, which is still uncertain.

Yeah they would GameCube ones came to UK

Yeah they would GameCube ones came to UK

Yes I know, but considering how many idiots we have roaming the UK, Nintendo may not bother with mass demo pod distribution. Im pretty sure they will, because every place has idiots I suppose.

Im guessing within a few weeks of launch for demo pods, they did that for DS.

Yes I know, but considering how many idiots we have roaming the UK, Nintendo may not bother with mass demo pod distribution. Im pretty sure they will, because every place has idiots I suppose.

Im guessing within a few weeks of launch for demo pods, they did that for DS.

Would it be good if Nintendo said the Nintendo Wii is out on 15th September the day of the event

Would it be good if Nintendo said the Nintendo Wii is out on 15th September the day of the event

And how do you propose marketing it with no advertisements in the next 11 days?

And how do you propose marketing it with no advertisements in the next 11 days?

Why does Nintendo need 3 events in September for

Why does Nintendo need 3 events in September for

Japanese event for the press in Japan, launch details specific for Japan including line-up.

American event for the same reason as the japanese event, but American specific.

Pretty much the same for europe.

Japanese event for the press in Japan, launch details specific for Japan including line-up.

American event for the same reason as the japanese event, but American specific.

Pretty much the same for europe.

check this

WII RELEASE IN JAPAN! 9/14 IGN:

Wii Hits Japan on 9/14

Nintendo to show off new games machine to Japanese press.

by Anoop Gantayat

September 1, 2006 - Nintendo seems to have set aside mid-September as worldwide Wii day. According to Japan's Kabushiki Shimbun newspaper, the company will be showing off the Wii to the Japanese press at an event scheduled to be held on 9/14.

Attendees will be able to sample the system first hand, the paper reports. The paper also expects pricing and release information to be announced at the event, something that would be inline with previous Nintendo statements.

A Japanese event held on the 14th coincides perfectly with similar events Nintendo has planned for the 15th in Europe and the 14th in America. Nintendo is expected to show region-specific products at each event. We eagerly anticipate our first look at Wiimote-based mahjong.

This event will mark the second time the Japanese press has gotten hands on time with the Wii. Following E3, Nintendo gathered select members of the press for a demo event using its E3 content. This time around, the games will likely be closer to completion.

The Nintendo event will be held one week before the Tokyo Game Show, where Sony and Microsoft will show off their own next generation offerings. Nintendo does not attend TGS, instead opting for its own product showings.

No, thats not the Wii release, thats about the Wii event in japan.

I hope its not after 17th November becuse if it is I be mad becuse I wanted to get a PS3 aswell but I said I am geting this first

I hope its not after 17th November becuse if it is I be mad becuse I wanted to get a PS3 aswell but I said I am geting this first

Get ready to be mad then.....

I see a mid/late October release for the Wii. It would make sense, as that would give it a fair head start against the PS3. We'll know for sure in a two weeks anyway. I just want the annoucement now tbh, Sept 14th/15th seems so far away all of a sudden...