NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii demo pods?

Well the countdown clocks haven't been installed yet so you are talking bullshit.

I don't think that the small screen on Wii's pod is really a screen. It's probably a "how to play" card. If it's real.

I hope sony has the decency to use a HD screen, unlike microsoft. Not using one will make Wii look a lot better.

I don't think that the small screen on Wii's pod is really a screen. It's probably a "how to play" card. If it's real.

I hope sony has the decency to use a HD screen, unlike microsoft. Not using one will make Wii look a lot better.

Microsoft used HDTVs with their Xbox360, those Samsung ones.

They better not be the final demo pods, the PS3 one is horrible (Extreme neck cramps ahoy!) and the Wii pod is not Widescreen (Ridiculous when most games are Widescreen and all the other consoles have widescreen demo pods!)

Also I hope that the Wii's tether is nice and long, the one in that picture is way too short.

I hope the shop near me (Gamestation) gets a Wii pod, but its a small store i don't think they'd have the space unless they get rid of either the PSP or X360 pod, and somehow i don't see that happening.... but i hope i'm wrong

I dont understand why shops have psp pods. Most of the ones ive seen arent running and have a big blue screen on the tv on the top. You cant even play anything on them which really gets me, whats the point, you can see a running psp on the back of the counter in the very same shop.

im not bothered much about pods, ill be playing mine at home too much anyway.

That's interesting, no little kids that have no clue what to do on the demo pods while you're waiting, because they can't reach! HAHAHAH! Come on, they even turn round and smile maniacally if they see you're waiting!

Reason why the Wii-pod TV is 4:3 - having a widescreen option in Wii games is not mandatory, meanwhile those games that have it will still have 4:3 display modes. If you fitted widescreen TV's in the display and a shop demoed a game which didn't have widescreen, it would look pretty bad having the black bars at each side of the screen, or activated the stretch mode.

Microsoft used HDTVs with their Xbox360, those Samsung ones.

I never seen one connected via HDMI, or HEI A DS ON THE NEWS!!! continuing... or component cable. It's not hard to tell the difference.

I never seen one connected via HDMI, or HEI A DS ON THE NEWS!!! continuing... or component cable. It's not hard to tell the difference.

Yeah, I used to think that too, in most places they don't have it correctly connected (I think there's a little switch in the cable too choose between SDTV and HDTV), I only noticed HD goodness in a GAME store.

PS. Were the news DS related? (I can almost guess, it's about that International fair in Berlin right?)

EDIT: ZOMG! I saw it too! It was an entire new dedicated to the DS LITE!!

It's so sad that we'r excited by seeing ONE DS in the news...That shows how is our country...

PS: Where was it? I wanna see it too :p

It's so sad that we'r excited by seeing ONE DS in the news...That shows how is our country...

PS: Where was it? I wanna see it too :p

Haha, you must admit its quite an event, I saw it in SIC night news, but if you have SIC Noticias it might show there too.

In GAME the Xbox 360 was connected by Component video cables to one of those Samsungs and displayed in HD signal. The one i saw on Toys'r Us, on the same Samsung TV, was being displayed in SD. Don't know what got onto them.

Damn, i messed the DS New. Yep, Nintendo game console in the news here is like a once-in-a-decade event. What did they talk about?

"Oh, pictochat is an internet application and it's bad for teh kiddies!!"

Cool I cant wait to play on it is it September

Yes, its september. But whether or not you can play on in one stores is not official as of yet.

Some one pointed out that these were the E3 demo cases, so expect to see something slightly different if they do head into stores.

Personally, Nintendo should be careful with the placement of demo pods, as shown with the DS. Although people have fucked up demo stands in the past, the Nintendo DS demo pod had a big disadvantage because its main selling feature, the touch screen, was a sitting duck waiting to be destroyed.

As for the Wii, you just have to read about the incident Kotaku had at GC with the wiimote.

EDIT:

FACT

Just a few days back we ran a story on a picture of a Wii demo kiosk. The picture has turned out to be true, due to numerous sources who have informed me. The same image shows up in a packet sent out to EB/Gamestop employees to get them ready for the unit. I am glad to hear that it turned out to be real, I really like the look of it!

RUMOR

Now I have some info from an insider, info that I do indeed trust. Take this as unconfirmed for now, simply because this is a case of me trusting my source. I have heard that this same packet states that EB/Gamestop can expect to have their Wii demo kiosks up and running by the end of October. On top of that, my source told me that it is actually looking more like mid October, contrary to what is printed in the packet.

Ok, GoNintendo has really pissed me off. How can it be fact when Nintendo has not announced it? Its an employee's words, they could be lies, they could be just spreading hype. Also, I have the feeling that they've put their trust in the internet to talk to employee's, which could simply be a hoaxer.

I hope GoNintendo prove me wrong though, but I honestly do believe somethings gotta be wrong with this. Also, do remember GoNintendo is for a US audience, so this is an american news piece, whether or not the UK will get them aswell is unknown.

they might say something on september 15th, that will give them a month (at least) to sort the pod distribution out.

It might be in the shops before 15 September

Highly doubtful, but remember, MIGHT is the key word in your sentance. It might not.

Highly doubtful, but remember, MIGHT is the key word in your sentance. It might not.

It might be there in the middle of September

Do you really think that?? Sorry, but your mad if you do. Think mid/late october and you'd be more on the mark.

Do you really think that?? Sorry, but your mad if you do. Think mid/late october and you'd be more on the mark.

Why cant they put them up for Late September