NEurope
Wiinii

What exclusive title will be in the September 1st issue of ONM?

I couldn't even find ONM yesterday!

I agree Ngamer is much better! It's PACKED full of details (well the first one was) and is superb with lots of info on games etc...

Second issue is out September 6th, pick it up!

glad to see there's people on here who appreciate a good magazine when they see one and aren't bent outta shape by it not being NOM anymore, or getting annoyed that a magazine's news can't be as fast as the net. and don't get me started on those pathetic "resi wii" and "bwii not exclusive" jabs too lol.

just started reading the new issue, definitely seems the best yet, with a huge 10 page blow-out of bwii with cool interviews and hands-on, looking good! the zelda history feature looks great too, looking forward to that! and yes there IS a coupla new screens and further details. worth picking up.

the full list of contents for the dvd is as such:

DVD features:

Info - readable info on all ninty-based zelda games and cameo appearances.

Screens - slideshow movies of the above.

Movies - trailers and "favourite moments" of each zelda game.

Music - 14 music tracks from the history of zelda.

additional DVD-ROM features:

Wallpapers - Link To The Past/4 Swords (x1), 4 Swords Adventures (x4), The Minish Cap (x3), Wind Waker (x2)

Buddy Icons - 4 Swords Adventures (x9), Soul Caliber 2 (x1), The Minish Cap (x1), Super Smash Bros Brawl (x1), Twilight Princess (x1), TriForce (x1)

MP3 Tunes - Legend Of Zelda (x2), Link To The Past (x2), Ocarina Of Time (x2), Majora's Mask (x2), Wind Waker (x4), Special Edition Promo (x1), Soul Caliber 2 (x1)

I never read NOM - I didn't have any Nintendo consoles back then.

I don't care that the magazine doesn't have up-to-date news, I read other gaming mags and they all suffer from that problem.

The way to overcome it is good writing and interesting articles, something PC Gamer and Edge achieve but ONM seemed to have no concept of in the two issues I read. Even the official 360 magazine has more real content instead of just reeling off the official press releases about each game.

That said, 10 pages about BWii does sound like a lot - fair play to them if they managed to get some decent content. I just won't be buying the magazine again. If I'm desperate for paper-based Nintendo text I'll pick up NGamer.

Got the mag. Isn't that bad at all. It's got alot of info in it.

Not sure about the Zelda disc. Slightly Over-rated.

Overall? It could be alot worse......

I never read NOM - I didn't have any Nintendo consoles back then.

I don't care that the magazine doesn't have up-to-date news, I read other gaming mags and they all suffer from that problem.

The way to overcome it is good writing and interesting articles, something PC Gamer and Edge achieve but ONM seemed to have no concept of in the two issues I read. Even the official 360 magazine has more real content instead of just reeling off the official press releases about each game.

That said, 10 pages about BWii does sound like a lot - fair play to them if they managed to get some decent content. I just won't be buying the magazine again. If I'm desperate for paper-based Nintendo text I'll pick up NGamer.

that is fair enough kazz, you make good points. and you seem to base your critique of the magazine based on your own opinions rather than just rash decisions like some have :)

still haven't read the bwii article but looking forward to it and the zelda history one too.

and blue ninja... just say the word!

Why are people so, so bothered about exlusives in ONM falling through???

I buy it because it's a good read, is funny but knows when to be serious, has very in-depth infomation, and the latest issue has a big BWii preveiw and a very nice free gift.

It's easily an acceptable replacement for Cube, though it will never live up to that. No games magazine will.

*awaits Cube slagging off*

Oh, and NOM was shite.

By the way, I got my Cube back off a mate yesterday, and BW is really, really good(I'm gonna play RE4 later-expect no to see me post again tonight...). I'm about to go to the shops with my dad and I'm gonna get the latest ONM (if they have it, they don't always, the basteds) in order to check out this big-arse BWii preview and also to get my hands on the DVD-based Zelda goodies!

Was reading it at work and to deal with the whole competiton thing; it did say entries close on November 6th, but they could pick the winner that day and have it to the winners by the 8th (presuming it closes at midnight on the 6th). Granted thats a Wednesday so 10th is more likely.

But also, there could be one winner who gets it on release, and more later.

true ashley, and that'd make conzer's "feeling" spot on ;)

and fish, i LOVED cube! was the first magazine i ever subscribed to, the team were tops, although i never took to tim, even if he did come from over here, he was too depressing at times. it had its heyday when gary was there, although chandra was always entertaining of course :D

was tempted to buy BW but reading about all the additions to BWii i think i'll just wait for it now.

and ninja... i'll get back to you real soon :D

I have never seem anything more unholy than the ONM forums...

The word fanboy is just taken to a new level there.

I have never seem anything more unholy than the ONM forums...

The word fanboy is just taken to a new level there.

the forums would be much better there if they were run by the professional magazine staff, but unfortunately that is just impossible as they have enough work to be going on with. this means tho that it has been left to be moderated by a bunch of idiots to be frank.

to think that i actually signed up on the forums. i havnt been on in yonks.

i wonder what the noe forums are like now. i havnt been there in ages.

Got the 2nd issue of ngamer. Haven't read it yet but have watched most of the dvd (it's got all these mario secrets in it and some random internet videos). The dvd also contains speedruns of mario 64 and smb1, which were entertaining to say the least.

Got the 2nd issue of ngamer. Haven't read it yet but have watched most of the dvd (it's got all these mario secrets in it and some random internet videos). The dvd also contains speedruns of mario 64 and smb1, which were entertaining to say the least.

Zell, can you check the new issue if they let you order back issues already? I missed the first issue and want the DVD aswell.

N64 and the early days of NGC were the best magazines, they rocked so hard and made me laugh so much. Now they've evolved into NGamer, and aside from not liking the graphical style too much, it is a return to quality form (all those footnotes are crazy!)

ONM is just as good at the moment though, immaculate even over the old NOM. Its cool that we have 2 good Nintendo mags again (though at one point we did have 3). But, dont know if you guys know this but, theres a new one coming out soon, curtesy of Imagine Publishing (the guys behind gamestm, retro gamer, powerstation, 360 mag, next3 and a whole load more besides). Those mags there ive read and they are all quality magazines so hopefully we will have that 3rd good Nintendo mag, plus these guys are stylish and glossy with their mags. It will be good for the presentation if nothing else.

I got the Super Mario Galaxy cover edition last month, quite unimpressed really.

I just subscribed to Edge instead.. I don't mind reading a preview of a 360 game.. literally that ONM was poor.

I guess I am out of the target demographic, I did like the little Mario dictionary I got though,

*poses in my free Edge t-shirt*

Great to see you Nintendork.

And also great to see you're reading a quality magazine like Edge.