NEurope
Dante

Far Cry Vengence Wii

Don't believe these as one of the "Wii shots" is completely identical to the xbox shot.

even if they are, they're only "in development" sceens, and i already think the water looks better than the xbox version. was always disappointed with water in other games other than super mario sunshine (never played wave race blue storm but heard it was amazing in that way too) because it's water was just so REAL! the water here (IF they are Wii versions) certainly looks better than the very flat water on xbox, which didn't seem to do anything when u jumped in!

Well what did people expect from a port? Ubisoft would be stupid investing money into this game.

Farcry is available for PC for 10€ or less - on my PC it looks better, I have a reliable controlling mechanism (keyboard and mouse) and I can get modifications for free. I don't expect that many people will buy Farcry Wii - so it will be a decent port and that is it.

Maybe they meant we would be saying it sarcastic like:

"Wow... Oh my god these games looks sooooo good...."

Maybe they meant we would be saying it sarcastic like:

"Wow... Oh my god these games looks sooooo good...."

That makes sense to me,we can't exactly go.They never really said what they meant by that.Guess it was watching yourself waving the control about or something...

That's what i'm doing aswell,some proper screens and footage nearer the time.Though I think it looks nice already.
Actually lots of screenshots for press release are rendered in higher resolutions, that's why they look so much better when resized, most Xbox games did it, Zelda TP did it (the LGC-2006 released HD screenshots right?) and Red Steel is doing it... these photos in particular not only seem more compressed but are being rendered at native resolution, thus the jaggies. they are also compressed in lossy jpeg that is actually sharpening it.

here's a Far Cry Xbox un-enhanced screenshot, same jaggies same all... but the wii ones have more jpeg artifact and color loss.

far-cry-instincts-20040512092309948.jpg

Seriously though, the only thing here worse than Xbox is the press release photos compression.

There's something strange though... why 4:3 screenshots?

The second screenshot has two reticules. One is in the very centre of the screen, its faint but its there. Maybe fake?

The second screenshot has two reticules. One is in the very centre of the screen, its faint but its there. Maybe fake?

The red one isn't a reticule, it's a target.

Don't believe these as one of the "Wii shots" is completely identical to the xbox shot.
It's fake. 2nd screen is identical to the xbox one.

Uh, I think Dante just copied the second image from the first post to COMPARE to the Xbox shot he posted first, bearing in mind it's not only the same image, but it has the same url.

Xbox version has better textures. Better plants and fewer jaggies.

And the draw distance is way better.

The thing is with games like farcry is that they benefit from a higher resolution and seeing as the Wii is only going to be 480p I doubt this game will compare well to other versions of this game. THe wii needs 720p, even if it boosts the price, its worth the extra money.

The thing is with games like farcry is that they benefit from a higher resolution and seeing as the Wii is only going to be 480p I doubt this game will compare well to other versions of this game. THe wii needs 720p, even if it boosts the price, its worth the extra money.
If you only have a 480i television... 60 Hz and progressive scan is already a bonus, why paying more for something I don't have?

If it's standard? If it's cheap? Right. but it's neither... It's said you need 4 times more power just to do a system pusher GC game on HD, you need more RAM, more processing power, it will cost on our wallets, and is it worth it? I'm not upgrading to a HDTV... just imagine how many games I could buy with that money.

Honestly... I couldn't care less, I don't even care about HD video. We always had Standard Definition TV's and never complained, but now suddently everything that is not HD is crap?

PS2 had a bunchload of 320x240 games (including FF-X) and I heard no one complaining back then. But we've been playing HD games on PC since Quake 3 came out in 1999, how can it be that only now, and suddently 640x480 is crap? we (consumers) are being thrown into this... Microsoft did a agreement with Samsung to sell their HDTV's and Sony's interest is obvious, they also do HDTV's, and they want to sell HD content to make you buy all your DVD's again but in HD, sony even has one format of it's own, blu-ray, that mostly brings advantages to themselfes, like licencing fee's. Going after them brings no advantages to Nintendo whatsoever, let alone advantages to the customer, we're getting a cheaper console with better features in what matters.

640x480 at least it's the maximum resolution a SDTV does, unlike 320x240, wii even goes the extra mile supporting real 16:9 at 853x480.

Lastly... It Far Cry Wii doesn't even have to compare to Far Cry on other platforms, we will be playing with a wiimote, the others will play it with a joystick. that's what really matters; gameplay.

When were talking about HD, there's something I'm calling the "HD syndrome". I have a Xbox 360, and a widescreen CRT television (no HD), and in a lot of games, the text is very difficult to read, similar to what happens in PC games when run at a resolution like 640x480, and I haven't had this problem with any Gamecube games. So I think for us who still has standard difinition tv's, Wii games will actually look sharper. I'm with you, Pedrocasilva, this HD craze is becoming to much, just look at a site like Gamespot, stating that you need an HD tv to get the most out of a Xbox 360, or that you are only getting half the experience.

640x480 at least it's the maximum resolution a SDTV does, unlike 320x240, wii even goes the extra mile supporting real 16:9 at 853x480.

Problem is that a lot of developers don't give a crap to 16:9 or progressive scan, wich is not that time consuming or expensive to implement.

16:9 is a little harder cause textures are bigger. Anyway some people really need to grasp the concept of bullshots.

Hmm...I reckon fake.

And anyway, if IGN are right, it won't have online multiplayer.:(

Xbox version has better textures. Better plants and fewer jaggies.

And the draw distance is way better.

IF they are real, they are not finished! they are only screenshots! screenshots usually DO have jagged-edges, even in magazines!

you can't compare these to the actual game when it isn't even finished and proper shots haven't been released!

16:9 is a little harder cause textures are bigger. Anyway some people really need to grasp the concept of bullshots.

How come you need bigger textures for 16:9? It has the same amount of pixels!

Anyway, why have 320x240, if you can have mode 13h at 320x200???

Check: http://www.256b.com/random.php

I can't see the screenshots!

Anyway...i won't be buying this. I purchased the 360 version and that got boring very fast (which is surprising considering Farcry is considered a superb game by many) of course this is my opinion!

Actually i'm pleased i didn't like it, otherwise that would be more money to spent at launch! :D

How come you need bigger textures for 16:9? It has the same amount of pixels!

Anyway, why have 320x240, if you can have mode 13h at 320x200???

Check: http://www.256b.com/random.php

You do? The resolution is different, so it makes sense that the textures must be different too, otherwise they would be stretched.