NEurope
Dante

Far Cry Vengence Wii

I wish they lock the reticule to the center.

Do you have a laser pen? Try and hold it still for a long period of time.

That's why they dont do it.

That and because you would need a button to return it to a neutral position. Not to mention that it makes sense that your head and arm aren't glued to each other.

That and because you would need a button to return it to a neutral position. Not to mention that it makes sense that your head and arm aren't glued to each other.

Yeah, that too. I can see why people are complaining. But why not complain when you've actually played the game and not before?

A program can be written to counteract small handmovements, the shaking could also be implemented as natural gun shaking.

I dont think its very likely that Nintendo will ever incorporate a neutral position button, due to it making things more complicated. Therefore the bounding box is most likely here to stay. But within the bounding box, the camera can move with your hand, and not by itself, if the reticule is fixed.

Im only mentioning this because I think it will make a better system.

A program can be written to counteract small handmovements, the shaking could also be implemented as natural gun shaking.

I dont think its very likely that Nintendo will ever incorporate a neutral position button, due to it making things more complicated. Therefore the bounding box is most likely here to stay. But within the bounding box, the camera can move with your hand, and not by itself, if the reticule is fixed.

Im only mentioning this because I think it will make a better system.

Developers have tried it and said it's no good, it's not like you're the first person who ever thought of it.

Where have these rumours come from that Far Cry will have online player? n.Revolution seem to think from somewhere that it will have, in their online section at the back they even say something like "can't wait to own you all at far cry online"?

know this is made by a different development time, but does it have any of the same issues as Red Steel?

Far Cry has been delayed, we can only guess to as why.

http://www.wifigamers.co.uk/story-15.html - 08/09/06

http://www.wifigamers.co.uk/story-30.html - 21/09/06

http://www.wifigamers.co.uk/story-40.html - 11/11/06

3 different pieces of interviews about Far Cry multiplayer possibilities.

LOL, i was talking about this with Mokong earlier. I think it might even be in this week's podcast.

"is this game online or not?"

"dunno, is it out in america?"

"dunno....if it is out, do the americans know if it online??!"

"no idea. hahahhaha"

PS: from what i know, Ubisoft have been looking into adding online play for aaaaages now. I remember posting the news on the front page, myself. :)

Developers have tried it and said it's no good, it's not like you're the first person who ever thought of it.

I cant remember seeing any developers saying it sucks, and I dont think Im the first one to think about it either. I think this system is better than any other, but Im not sure you understand what I mean.

Im still torn between this and Call of Duty 3. I'm not expecting anything big from either. I'm well aware a lot of this is still experimental. but anybody know which does FPS controls better?

All that said I reckon we won't find out what system works the best for a long time. Do you guys still remember the first time you played FPS on a PC with mouse + keyboard? I used to think it was the worst system and took ages to get used to it. For me it was pre-Quake, some futuristic game that came in a cover disk for DOS. I hadn't seen anyone play this setup. I was like, WTF I can't enjoy a game like this.

But now it's the standard in FPS. Console gamepads don't come close. I could sware back then that Doom/Wolfenstein controls were better and mouse + keyboard would never take off because it was so fiddly. Many people around me agreed. Then Quake came out. How wrong were we?

well at moment I really can't make my mind up between Red Steel and COD 3 at launch, so just gonna leave it, Zelda, Monkey Ball, Wii Play and Wii Sports, will keep me more than occupied....

and now gonna wait for this to come out and see how online pans out and if they spend the extra time further refining the controls...

The graphics in this game are terrible, they really need to sort some of the textures out, and also create more than one enemy model, online play would make up a lot for this though if they really can't fix the graphics.

I liked the scripted moment with the tree logs, it almost gave me the impression that this game has a physics engine, hopefully if the gameplay is good and there is some form of multiplayer then i'm definately going to pick this up.

because of the way aiming is handled in current Wii games all turning is slower than PC shooters, though the speed is different per game, with Metroid Prime 3 at expert sensitivity in the options menu seeming to be one of the best choices so far.

There's no game that has and no current way to do turning as quickly as in fixed reticule first person shooters though.

It seems that it's slower to start turning but after you start turning it turns much faster than with dual analogue. MP3 controlled fine, the RS team just was dumbs and made the "bounding box" too big.

And susbsteinar, I've read interviews talking about fixing the cursor on the center of the screen and saying it won't works, but take my word for it, cause I don't want to dig them up.

And susbsteinar, I've read interviews talking about fixing the cursor on the center of the screen and saying it won't works, but take my word for it, cause I don't want to dig them up.

It is possible for developers to make mistakes too.

Its not much different than a PC FPS. Can you imagine a PC FPS without a fixed reticule?

I've seen this running on a demo for real yesterday and it actually looks like a pile of shit, even compared to Call of Duty running next to it. This is actually the ugliest Wii game I've seen.

I've seen this running on a demo for real yesterday and it actually looks like a pile of shit, even compared to Call of Duty running next to it. This is actually the ugliest Wii game I've seen.
Even compared to "Avatar: The Last Airbender"? -Vomits-

I sooo want this game to be good though. Why does it have to look like utter shit!!!

It seems to work quite well in COD3

CoD3 has the same control scheme as this does...

In COD3 you can turn off Dynamic Aiming..

like this:

--youtube.com/watch?v=8cJbhMRxDJk--