Kurtle Squad

"Press UP, X or Y to jump"

UP, X or Y to jump?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. UP, X or Y to jump?

• UP
    • X
    • Y

If X is the one on the far right of the controler, then thats the one I always use when I play. Y is too far away for speed, and Up just doesn't seem right, like cheating almost :-/

I'm an up man myself, only because thats what I started playing the game with and it stuck, too late to change now.

I use either X or Y but X is the most used, dunno why, maybe because its easier for my thumb to reach. :)

I always use up so I can use my right hand to flick the c-stick with. I hate not being able to reach it. Feel so vulnerable without it.

I probably use y most conciously, followed by x, and very occassionally up, generally by mistake and as a reaction to something unexpected.

I use the Y-A-B triangle, you're a bit lower if you use X to jump to do aerial special (b-)attacks since the distance on the controller is greater...when I jump out of reflector with falco or fox, I use up because a button is less acurate then.

Y... using Up is suicide if you're playing seriously.

lol, you've gotta be kiddin' me, the dutch champion here plays with controllstick jumping...he even wavedashes this way...so if you play on a higher level then it truely doesn't matter which button you use to jump

I always use UP, just feels easier and gives me more control over the character.

trying to sound hardcore are we?

Y for me

lol, you've gotta be kiddin' me, the dutch champion here plays with controllstick jumping...he even wavedashes this way...so if you play on a higher level then it truely doesn't matter which button you use to jump

Just because he's the "Dutch champion" doesn't make him good :P. I don't believe in a "champion" because you get people who don't go to tournaments who could potentially be "the best". I get what you mean though, I mean, Ken doesn't wavedash at all... >_>;. In general... though... I wouldn't say using Up when you could easily use Y is a very clever thing to do against someone at a proper competitive level.

I do see your point however. Maybe "suicide" wasn't really an appropriate word. xD;

Y springs to mind first of all, but to be honest I'll use whatever seems best at the time, sometimes up and sometimes X or Y. It all depends on what kinda attacks I'm up to.

X all the way baby. Its right there in reach and its much better to jump acurately than up.

Man I can't believe us UP users are in the minority - I've never actually used X or Y. :p Better give that a shot and see if I get any improvements.

X all the way baby. Its right there in reach and its much better to jump acurately than up.

I find X really awkward to use to wavedash with... maybe it's just 'cause of my small girl hands though >_>;

I voted X, but check a pic of the controller and should have voted for Y. I only EVER use Y and if i push up its by accident of just for an UP attack.

I always use y its just easier, X is just difficult for melee you'll rarely find me using it