"Press UP, X or Y to jump"

UP, X or Y to jump?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. UP, X or Y to jump?

• UP
    • X
    • Y

So, what do you use to Jump in SSBM?

It may seem really random, but hey, interesting in a weird way!!

I think I use X mostly(or is it Y? Nah, it has to be X), but sometimes I use UP too. A button just feels more "secure"(ie, you are sure your character jumps).

I tend to use Y most of the time but occasionally use the analogue too (usually for the double jump).

I guess I just mix it up but use Y 90% of the time! Whichever i feel will be my quickest reaction!

I use up automatically sometimes. I've been saved by doing unconcious jumps quite a lot!! But i primarily use Y

I use 'UP' to jump;

That way i have total control over the character just on the analogue stick; up to jump/doublejump, hold down to accelerate down etc...

I much prefer it that way; less buttons to worry about!

I always use Y. I think the button is in the perfect spot for it, instead of X, and using up just feels weird to me.

X is the obviouse choice. Up on the analogue is just too fiddle, especially if you want to jump forwards for example.

X is the obviouse choice. Up on the analogue is just too fiddle, especially if you want to jump forwards for example.

Indeed, which is why I never use Up to jump.

I use X. I can't get used to the idea of flicking a stick to jump, it's wierd, even if it's more logical.

After picking up my Wavebird I can tell you that I use...Y to jump. Don't like using up to jump. It doesn't feel right to me.

I use the Y button, mainly because I used the C up on the N64 version and got used to it.

It was to be X and Y all the way, using Up always confuses me.. though I still use it unintentionally nearly as often.

I always use up and have never use X or Y unless it was a mistake. It just seems easier and you have less thumb movement to do for air attacks.

I always use Y to jump.

It's safer to push the button than press the stick forward/upward and you still have full control over your character that way.

X all the way, don't like using up because I find it too fiddly, although I do occasionaly do it by mistake!

Hmm, i tend to use the X quite often, but now and again the Y button is used. I use X when i play against my mates, and UP when i play against CPU characters.

Y!

Like Ty said up there, I got used to using c up on the N64. I think as well y seems logical like c up did because its above the punch and kick buttons...?

Y all the way.

I feel I have more control over the direction of the jump with a buttion. And why Y over X? Don't know why Y but I never use X.