NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Tellyn

The Fast Show

To keep up with the trend on random topics and because I'm bored, here's a thread about the Fast Show. Did anyone else used to watch this?

"Ohhhhh, bugger."

Aye, it was a good show.

It won't be long until this turns into a youtube fest thread.

"mmm...nice"

"I was rummaging around in my attic, when I found the original copy of the Bible. Which was nice."

Or as Mark Williams would be saying today:

"I went onto Sky Sports News, and I discovered that Stiliyan Petrov has moved to Aston Villa. Which is nice."

I love all Mark Williams' characters.

"This week I will be mostly eating Bourbon Biscuits!"

"Stuck in a hole in the middle of the night, with an OWL up a tree!"

etcetera.

This is a little off topic, but I love those biscuits.

"I was rummaging around in my attic, when I found the original copy of the Bible. Which was nice."

Or as Mark Williams would be saying today:

"I went onto Sky Sports News, and I discovered that Stiliyan Petrov has moved to Aston Villa. Which is nice."

I love all Mark Williams' characters.

"Stuck in a hole in the middle of the night, with an OWL up a tree!"

etcetera.

The OWLS! sketch was like the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life, Mark Williams chasing that jogger down the deserted street shouting "HOLES! WITH OWLS! STUCK IN A HOLE! IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT! WITH AN OWL!"

Oh yeah and that schoolmaster: "THe most sacred of activities at this school, is kicking in the face of the school rabbit."

Me? The 13th Duke of Wybourne? Here? In a sixth form girl’s dormitory? At three o’clock in the morning? With my reputation?

What were they thinking of?

You lock me in the cellar and feed me pins, where shall we sleep tonight Mother? In Father's grave?

Yeah I love the fast show top stuff.

'Black!' man is hilarious too. "We crawl upon our knees towards the endless chasm: OF CLAMS!"

Jazz Club...

...nice.

..and Dave 'I now do those Powergen adverts' Angel was a bit of a lad...

_1998931_simon150bbc.jpg

..and 'Selling a car is very much like making love to a beautiful woman..' :heh:

Swiss_Tony.gif

The first and second series were awesome but the third was a little lacklustre. Only good bit about it was Johnny... BLACK! BLACK!!! Ted and Ralph is classic.

I liked it but I think they over-used some of the sketches. Ted and Ralph were always great :bowdown:

The fast show pretty much PISSES on any 'comedy' we have these days.... hell the last good comedy was the League of Gentlemen (only the first 2 series, after the "nose bleed" storyline of season 2... season 3 onwards blowed dogs.)

I agree with you there Jordan, they changed the format of League of Gentlemen and it didnt really pay off.

Yep, Jordan hit the nail on the head. Modern sketch shows such as Little Britain really can't reach the Fast Show for comedy. There were just so many different characters and situations and even the less popular characters were still damn funny.

Hi. I'm Ed Winchester.

Awesome. Drenzel Dexter was awesome too. Also, if anyone wants to YouTube any classic clips - go for it (I'm lazy)

Yep, Jordan hit the nail on the head. Modern sketch shows such as Little Britain really can't reach the Fast Show for comedy. There were just so many different characters and situations and even the less popular characters were still damn funny.

about 15-20% of Little Britain is funny, the rest is vomit-worthy. Nothing nowadays can really get to the funniness of the Fast Show and Fawlty Towers.

You find that these days, the same jokes are played out every episode over and over again.

Whatever happend to intelligent comedy writing?

You find that these days, the same jokes are played out every episode over and over again.

Whatever happend to intelligent comedy writing?

Killed off by reality TV shows!

Yeah British Comedy is shit these days. On the other hand there is some pretty funny American stuff out there.

"My eyes are pies!!"
And yours are lies!

What's for tea, mother? Lice on toast??

Sign in to follow this