N-Europe

European Wii event on Sept 15th

canand

kay Nintendo, what is going on here! Just last week we found out that Nintendo will be holding a press event in the US on Sept 14th. While the details of the event haven’t been released, we know that the Wii and DS will be present. The biggest rumor going around is that Nintendo will announce the Wii price point and release date at this event…but once again, nothing has been confirmed by The Big N besides the date itself.

Now Nintendo of Europe has announced that a press event much like the one in the US will be taking place in London on Sept 15th. Following in NoA’s footsteps, NoE has not announced what is the specific point of the event, but based on the US event, we can guess that the DS and Wii will be there.

Are we going to see a 3 day press event from Nintendo? Perhaps a Japanese announcement on the 13th, (or 16th), a US announcement on the 14th, and a European announcement on the 15th? This may be the Wii release date/pricing event we have been waiting for…just split up between major territories. Now if we could only find out about the Japanese piece of the puzzle…

Boy am I glad this story popped up before I went to bed! Catch you in about 6 hours guys!

Souce is from http://www.GONINTENDO.COM

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You only get 6 hours sleep?
the guy from GoNintendo who posted the news... aparently yes, 6 hours of sleep.

I've slept 4,5 hours today though, and have been sleeping under 6 hours a day for like... 2 months.

as for the event... What I care about is games, and I hope to have footage in the day before...

Well no one said nothing about it, but this is like a "virtual" spaceword revival, taking place all over the world, with various keynotes. It kinda feels like it, right? it's in september, it's Nintendo only, will show games...

Why is everyone supposing there will be keynotes? I believe these events are just to press have a true experience with the hardware so they can tell everything right (with final versions of software and so...).

And probably the will tell us dates and price, but not much more.

Why is everyone supposing there will be keynotes? I believe these events are just to press have a true experience with the hardware so they can tell everything right (with final versions of software and so...).

And probably the will tell us dates and price, but not much more.

Because Nintendo needs to get that info out before Wii lunch date and in time for magazines...

Also it's a good chance of stealing TGS from Sony's ken kutaragi who will open TGS (I fear for what he might say as that man is the true face of evil), what else will he rip?

I'm going to just casually throw this out there.

Megaton.

that's Matt Casamassima's middle name.

He's the true Megaton.

so Japan 13th

USA 14th

Europe 15th

Sorry Australia.

According to Nintendo, we fall in the Europe category because we use the same system.

I'm going to just casually throw this out there.

Megaton.

Now you've done it. You had to pull that one out. For the next fortnight we will be inundated with megaton crap.

The closest Nintendo would have ever been associated with megaton is Ocarina of Time, although the Twilight Princess unveiling was close.

Teh me9at0n wi11 b3 r0x0rs!!!!!111!!11*&%@

The first thing that came to my mind are the inactive count downs in shops.

I think that's the day, when we'll get the European Release date and it's kind of reasonable to hold the event in Europe for European Press to get the best possible coverage around the globe.

so Japan 13th

USA 14th

Europe 15th

Sorry Australia.

If this is true, that therefore means Europe is going to get the Wii last again!

Of course it could only mean waiting a week...but it would have been a good apolgetic gesture if Nintendo released the Wii here first after the awful wait for the Gamecube.

I think it's an opportunity for Europe's Press to get the news first hand (ie in Europe) and for the European public to see something of the Wii in their territory.

It's a good move by Nintendo. Lets hope we see Wii sooner rather than later ;)

Wouldnt it be awsome if the conference was early in the morning and it was simply 'Now lets face it, your all here because you want to know when the NIntendo Wii is being released. Well im here to tell you that its official release date is.....TODAY.In fact when shops open today they will be selling Ninendo Wii's at the price of 130 pounds. So...what more can i say!'

If this is true, that therefore means Europe is going to get the Wii last again!

Of course it could only mean waiting a week...but it would have been a good apolgetic gesture if Nintendo released the Wii here first after the awful wait for the Gamecube.

That's wouldn't really be a surprise, at all.

Anyway, it doesn't mean we're getting it last, we're just announcing the price/date last. But we will get it last.

Wouldnt it be awsome if the conference was early in the morning and it was simply 'Now lets face it, your all here because you want to know when the NIntendo Wii is being released. Well im here to tell you that its official release date is.....TODAY.In fact when shops open today they will be selling Ninendo Wii's at the price of 130 pounds. So...what more can i say!'

That would be hilarious. It would be a mad rush like off the film Its a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. All the Wii consoles are buried under a big dubbleya...

Cookie to anyone who has seen the film and gets this reference.

if this is the way nintendo go then this could be awesome and would mean they've been doing everything right all along, and i'd be mega-hyped for a grand slam launch :D

but, those dreaded words once again hail forth: "source gonintendo.com" so i shall just wait patiently and see...

It would be impossible, as delivery to shops would have to have been before that date.