NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Rob3008

Was Metal Gear Solid: TTS only made for a limited time?

I was just looking at buying this on Ebay and wasn't sure if it was just a lame attempt to sell it or is it true? It's bloody expensive on Amazon.co.uk, so seems quite likely...

How are the first person elements of the game [hand and gun]? Is it a good alternative to a FPS on cube seeing that there were so few? Is it a good remake, worthy of a 2nd hand purchase on ebay? I'm just asking as I only want 1 more game to cap off my Cube collection seeing that my funds are now going towards Wii.

How are the first person elements of the game [hand and gun]? Is it a good alternative to a FPS on cube seeing that there were so few? Is it a good remake, worthy of a 2nd hand purchase on ebay? I'm just asking as I only want 1 more game to cap off my Cube collection seeing that my funds are now going towards Wii.

I found the first-person view very clumsy. IIRC there's no option to invert the Y axis so it felt counter-intuitive and I kept getting wasted because of it. I don't recall ever having to fight hand-to-hand in the first-person view.

That said, you can happily get by without using first-person for combat most of the time and it is useful for looking round an area so don't let it put you off this great game.

I picked this up from Amazon Marketplace a while ago. Definitely worth it if you can find it.

You can't move while in first person, so don't think of the game as an alternative to FPS.... It's just so you can aim better at or evade an enemy that is far away out of the radar's reach and also so you can see the graphics up close and personal. :D

And you CAN reverse the Y-axis in the Options, JetSetWilly.

The price, yeah, nowadays it's a rare game and stores and people in general tend to ask stupid ammounts of money for it. Just like Beyond Good and Evil...

I actually liked the game I really don't know why most people say it's not good. But yeah, it's kind of rare now.

was it really limited??? i've saw a fair few in different GameStations for 26.99.

i have my copy but i havent played it yet-dont even have a save file for it :(

I managed to pick up a preowned copy earlier this week, wanted this game for ages. I strolled into my local gamestation went up to the preowned part and there right in front of me was 5 copies of this game. Was well chuffed cost me £22 so cheap comparatively.

The first person view kinda sucks, im at the part with the bad ass tank at the moment and finding it hard to hold down the 'z' button to shoot down the gunner. Not only does it give you hand cramp if you hold it down long enough but i find if i take a little pressure off of the button i come out of first person.

Apart from this annoying factor the game is great and i recommend it.

..if you're finding it difficult to hold in Z, why not set it to 'TOGGLE' instead of 'HOLD' in options. And as for going into first person to shoot down the gunner, can't you just beat the tank this way (like I always do and actually think it tells you how to in the game..):

..use chaff grenades to disable the large gun then throw grenades into the cockpit in third person (which is relatively easy)

..and as for all the complaints about the first person bit, it's not that tricky.. I use the INVERSE aim and TOGGLE options and donlt really have any problems..

..anyone got all the dog tags? I'm on 85%.. 5 more to get..

You don't need chaffs nor first person perspective to beat this guy. The first time I was against him I found it very hard for those reasons.... but it's actually quite easy! You just "dodge" the tank (like in football), make it go around in circles and try to get the cannon to point north and then get on "high floor" (there's a mound on the south part so you can be at almost the same height as the shooter) and then press and hold A so you auto aim at him. Once this is done, release and press again to fire TWICE. I think you can even shoot 3 times, I'm not sure. Just repeat and you beat it very fast and easy. You can use either the real gun or the tranquilizers. Just don't alternate between the two, it'll take twice as much time.

And you CAN reverse the Y-axis in the Options, JetSetWilly.

Hmm, maybe I have MGS2 in mind that I finished recently. I can't be arsed to check so will take your word for it.

Yeah, I'm right cause I went and checked it before I said it... I wasn't sure cause it's been months since I played it. :P

I still have to play the game on Hard. I only finished it on Normal.

I completed it on Hard a while ago although I did many continues, just whatever you do, do not try and play this game without the radar.

At the moment i'm playing MGS2 on hard but sadly i'm stuck at the end when you fight 20 Metal Gear Rays, I have only 2 rations.... :cry:

just whatever you do, do not try and play this game without the radar.

The radar is something that divides me.... On one hand, as you imply, it is very much needed. But on the other hand, it almost turns the game into a 2D overhead view game where you control a dot against other dots with cones of vision. There are many areas that I passed looking ONLY at the radar, it's like the 3D graphics are there just as an extra.....

I found the first-person view very clumsy. IIRC there's no option to invert the Y axis so it felt counter-intuitive and I kept getting wasted because of it. I don't recall ever having to fight hand-to-hand in the first-person view.

You can invert it. Look in the options.

This is one of the best titles for the cube, and is available on players choice. I for one picked it up closely aftert the release.

i'm really looking foreward to playing it!!!

i'm not going to start it till i get my MC 1019 in a few days, though it is very tempting to just put it on and listen to it thorugh headphones and probably shit myself up when i hear footsteps :D

ah well, all good things come to those who wait . . .

It's on my list of games to get. I'm really looking forward to playing it, I've got no chance of finding it in the shops over here though, online is my only option.

Thats one of my favorite cube games. I've beat it in every level. Some parts in extreme were difficult like the one where you had to cross the stairs to the heliport with all the guards after you and then fight Liquid on a plane.

The only downside is the duration. It took me 10 hours in normal.

It took me a while to get used to the fact the gamecube's buttons are not pressure sensitive so holding up guards is a bit different to the PS2 MGS games.

Also, I , like a fool, went and collected all the dog tags thinking there would be a reward.

Sign in to follow this