NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Kav

Analysts don't see a revoution at all...

Make a lot of cash!?! Different to this gen then when Microsoft LOST a hell of a lot of cash!!

Well, yeah, it will be. Microsoft have paid their pound of flesh (and a bit more besides) and now have a sizeable beach head in the industry from which to press their attack. Like I said - next gens gonna' be different.

Analysts do what they can best - exhaling hot air from their mouths and it seems they are quite successfull with that. Oh boy I saw so many predictions, surveys and the majority was wrong all the time. Political party ABC will gain at least 15% and in the end they lost the voting. Why? Because people are not like machines - you can never be sure otherwise life would be quite boring.

Of course it is easy to say that PS3 and XBOX360 will ship more units but how many in a certain time period is nearly impossible to tell. We don't even have a proper release date for the PS3 and the Revolution unless anyone really believes in a spring 2006 release for the PS3 hehe. But also analysts have to do something for their money and if some people want to trust that and buy a console just because of that - GO ON!

In the end its always "well that is what we said before - look it really happend" (too bad that most people can't remember what the initial statement was and now have to believe it).

I think a lot of what will happen is dependant on a few factors:

1. Nintendo's success is purely based on being able to inspire the current gamers and being able to woo the non-gamers. The non-gaming community are Nintendo's biggest secret weapon in the next gen. Whether they respond or not is completely down to the games, which should appear more regualrly than this gen.

2. Download service. If the catalogue for download is extensive and inexpensive then I see loads of people buying the Rev as a second console as it has a huge games list which is (most importantly) only a click away.

3. PS3's price. I have a very funny feeling that Ken's ego is getting a little obese and he could end up screwing everyone big time. He's been saying some weird stuff, like how people should do overtime to afford their PS3 and that its a premium product. Wouldn't surprise me if the PS3 releases at over £400-450. How many Revs could you buy for this?

1. Nintendo's success is purely based on being able to inspire the current gamers and being able to woo the non-gamers. The non-gaming community are Nintendo's biggest secret weapon in the next gen. Whether they respond or not is completely down to the games, which should appear more regualrly than this gen.

Isn't it also that they make stuff cheaply and sell quite a lot of it?

It's interesting to see, most (if not all) people on this forum could make better predictions than those analysts. After the success of the DS they should see that innovation sells better than better graphics (at least in Japan) but obviously they pulled their figures out of thin air instead.

I think the Revo will perform similar to the DS.

I guess it will come first or as a strong second place in Japan and second or even third in the rest of the world but since there are no prices and release dates for the Revo and PS3 available it's hard to make a reasonable guess.

predicting before the all of the consoles are out is just plain silly and the specs aren´t even out and we don´t even know all of the games on launch

...they pulled their figures out of thin air instead...

Hmmmm, I'm thinking they pulled the figures out of somewhere else! :p

5mil only! Yeah right!

In the end you cant compare what nintendo is doing with the other consoles. They are now on a completely different path from the one the other two console manufacturers walk, a path created by nintendo and sega in the first place. In the end people will buy a nintendo console no matter what. I mean the games industry just wouldn't be the same without a nintendo console.

...I mean the games industry just wouldn't be the same without a nintendo console.

URGH! I shudder at the thought!!!!!!!

Stupid thread title. Just because it doesnt sell doesnt mean it creates a revolution in gaming. By your logic, the Revolution will cease to exist because it has no chance in hell of becoming the best selling console Next Generation (Face it), thus rendering it a non-revolution.

BTW, I agree with the stats. (American stats, correct?)

Nintendo said it'll have a "revolutionary" new way of controlling, which I feel they have!

I was simply picking up on the word revolution (have a look what it means, how it can be applied) and used it to a different effect in the title of the thread.

It makes sense, but it doesn't mean I see it that way so it's not by my logic at all!

Stupid thread title. Just because it doesnt sell doesnt mean it creates a revolution in gaming. By your logic, the Revolution will cease to exist because it has no chance in hell of becoming the best selling console Next Generation (Face it), thus rendering it a non-revolution.

BTW, I agree with the stats. (American stats, correct?)

The idea of the Revolution is based around forcing evolution in the gaming market. Sales are necessary for the other companies to pick up on the idea of 3D input as the main method of gaming. It makes sense.

That being said, analysts cant see the word for the trees.

Well my prediction is, that if Nintendo wins the non-gamer, and then "it sells and sells" it will get the full backing of all small and major third parties in Japan with big titles, Remember (FF going to ps2). If that happens then as you know it games sell systems and this will make the rev take Japan, and as history shows, you win over the japan, you are on course to win the race.

If this happens early on, the Rev will get support from Major US third parties, especially once the get their hands on the controller, free online gaming + major 1st person shooters (including Nintendo's rumoured Halo killer) = tapping into to the massive online multiplayer FPS community in the US.

This could make the sleek REV win america, Europe would follow suit just through hype and sales figures.

All this hangs on the Nintendo's big risk, going for the non-gamer. But if Nintendogs, elektroplankton are anything to go by, the Big N has the expertise and R&D to agressivle go for the non gamers.

Nintendo needs to reveal the rest of the iceberg, as i personally believe nintendo ;) will have better graphics than the PS3, how?, do not underestimate the expertise of ART-X (ex silicon graphics engineers) and and Nintendo's experience in making robust, efficient consoles.

Remeber the rumour that rev will have "less hardware", well less hardware does not definately mean less performance.

If the Controller is not only the part of the revolution, then they may have something bigger to reveal, that they do not want Phony and microcrap to copy.

Remember someone saying the revolution lies under the mystery flap, my bet is some sort of portable screen, or player that lets you take the rev with you wherever you go, just a wil guess.

All Nintendo needs is to get people to turn on the Revolution and make them say "WOW", if they can do that then even Americans will buy it ;) LOL, they will say "Wow, great graphics, i want one" who from the casual, non-gamer would say "wow, great graphics, but how much megahertz and ram does it have" non, only the hardcore minority would do that.

All in all, i think the team of Iwata, shigsy and Reggie. are good enough and now humble enough to respect the third parties and deliver the goods to the different markets and beat the arrogant asses of Microcrap and Phony. :smile:

End of Analysis

These Analysts always base on what the situation is 'Now' and are clearly using the fact that X-Box 360 has this miraculous so-called head start.

Analysts don't often get it right, which seems to be why nobody really pays them much attention. When they are accurate, it's in a kind of catch-all "yes, Sony will be top next-generation, with Microsoft and Nintendo following."

Before the current console war, I read analysts' predictions saying the GC would win because of its personality. Right.

3. PS3's price. I have a very funny feeling that Ken's ego is getting a little obese and he could end up screwing everyone big time. He's been saying some weird stuff, like how people should do overtime to afford their PS3 and that its a premium product. Wouldn't surprise me if the PS3 releases at over £400-450. How many Revs could you buy for this?

Did he really say that people should work overtime to afford the PS3?

Man he's seriously insane, first the comments about the PSP and now this, if I was a Sony shareholder I'd be begging someone to slip him some heavy sedatives.

like the comic book guy quote.

i think that if there is any console that i won't care about what the graphics can do, it will be this one. that could just be that i'm happy with cube graphics and i know revo's couldn't be worse.

ps...what's with all the paper people?

Nintendo will never die. Everyone I know that has a console has a GBA / SP! Even if the console market gets horrendous, there's nothing to worry about as Nintendo own 98% of the gaming market with portables (if I'm not wring). Nintendo will never die when they have portables out for sale. The GBA Micro beat the PSP in Japan! Nintendo have enough money to spare to make home-consoles, they'll only ever make profit. There's no point worrying about who's gonna buy what, aslong as Nintendo's portable market is strong. Just buy what you want, and stop complaining about Nintendo's home-console market if you are.

Out of every 10 people I know in Germany that has a console, nine have a GameCube, Europe isn't that bad, it's the majority of the UK that hate Nintendo.

Analysts only see what they want to see. Most of the time what they come out with is total garbage! I believe that they are afraid of embracing change and make stupid predictions that things will stay the same. The gaming industry needs a revolution and I hope it succeeds.

If this was predicted before the controller, I would forgive them.

The media attention and the developers interest cannot be denied. Revo has more attention to it already than gamecube ever had in its life time.

I want that job, it must be so easy!!!! I predict that these analysts are wrong. Pay me.

Sign in to follow this