NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Forget_The_Past

I got GameCube with Zelda wind waker today!

Hello from Canada! :D

ok I finally got a gc. :bouncy:

I really didn't like wind waker's graphic style but finally I put it aside and the style is actually growing on me :eek:

I can't wait for the Zelda TP, that looks amazing.

I surfed couple of nintendo forums and I think this place is the best place to talk to other nintendo gc/gba/future wii owners. That's why I signed up here.

Anyway, what games do you guys recommend for gc?

I like mgs games (finished playing 2 and 3) and I never played the first one (well I played it at someone else's house but that was like for 10 anyway) so I'm thinking of getting MGS: TT. good decision?

I like action/adventure games so any good ones for gc?

I'm not a huge fan of rpgs but looks like you guys really enjoyed Tales of Symphonia ...

Like arcade sport games so should I get sega soccer slam or mario strikers?

Not into metroid prime games so don't bother telling me how good they are. :p

that's all for now :hehe:

You'r late! You should have just picked up a Wii latter this year, as it's retro-compatible with gamecube games.

If you like MGS you can't go wrong with MGS: The Twin Snakes. And if you have some friends, mario strikers is a pack full of fun. Speaking agout multiplayer, unless you don't want to go to jail and be considered a criminal, you must buy super smash bros melee. It's actually a law.

You'r late! You should have just picked up a Wii latter this year, as it's retro-compatible with gamecube games.

If you like MGS you can't go wrong with MGS: The Twin Snakes. And if you have some friends, mario strikers is a pack full of fun. Speaking agout multiplayer, unless you don't want to go to jail and be considered a criminal, you must buy super smash bros melee. It's actually a law.

going to university ... don't have money to burn. I got gc mainly for zelda: tp.

Maybe I'll get Wii when the next zelda comes out (after tp). By then I'll be done playing wind waker and TP and wii should be cheaper.

zelda is my #1 fav game series.

Not into SSB or Mario games at all but I love Zelda series.

Not your typical nintendo fan, eh? :D

I'd suggest picking up Metroid Prime cheap somewhere. I just beat this game and I was very impressed - an FPS that actually plays to the strengths of a console instead of feeling limited by them!

I'd suggest picking up Metroid Prime cheap somewhere. I just beat this game and I was very impressed - an FPS that actually plays to the strengths of a console instead of feeling limited by them!

Did you not read his post?

WTF? Not into Smash Bros.?!? :hmm::wtf::nono:

If you have friends I suggest :

Smash Football (AKA Strikers)

Wario Ware

Mario Kart

F-Zero (good without friends too, but...:heh:)

SMASH BROS. SMASH BROS. SMASH BROS.....Get it damn it!!!:mad:

Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, you can't really go wrong there so I recommend that. I love it.

How noone has mentioned Resident Evil 4 yet I'll never know.. brilliant game! (unless you already have it for PS2 in which case, I apologize) Edit: Until you beat me to it nicolas :heh:

Killer 7.. some people like it.. some people don't.. I happen to think it's a great game (if you can tolerate the amount of bad language in it)

I won't suggest any more as, like you say, you don't have money to burn! All the best at uni, whatever it is that you're going there to do.

Welcome aboard! most impressive game on the cube imo: Resident evil 4.

No one has mentioned it?

I recommend Mario Kart Double Dash, and try to pick up Zelda Collector's Edition and the Master Quest Ocarina bonus disc on eBay.

No one has mentioned it?

..you did read where I edited it thought.. right..? I was constructing my reply before nicolas' one was made.

I'm gonna suggest another game here that may surprise most people: Starfox Adventures. A lot of people have expressed they don't think it is very good but I enjoyed it and you may like it too. I'm sure that is is really cheap to buy now. I saw it for £4.97 a couple of months ago in GAME.

OK sorry it was uneditted when I replied. My ASDA no longer sells games, that stopped last year.

Buy Mario Kart Double Dash and a Wavebird if you have regular visitors to your house.

f-zero gx is the best racing game on cube.Super monkey ball2 if u have friends over oftten

Awesome, gamecube has plenty of games to keep you busy in time for that wii (you better get one *shakes fist*).

Since you already own a ps2, you should have already enjoyed games such as Timespitters, Resi 4, and Tony Hawk's (3 or 4 are the best ones). If not get them.

You said you're not into mario games, but I seriosuly recommend Mario Sunshine it's definately this gen's best platformer.

Finally GET SMASH BROS. It's why I bought a gamecube in the first place.

Quoted for truth.

the reason I bought gamecube is for zelda games.

marvel vs capcom 2 > super smash brothers

They're two diferent games, really, get Smash Bros.

In fact, there's a rumour that if you own a GameCube and don't buy Smash Bros. a terrible thing will happen. Unless, you pass this message to 15 of your friends, that's the only way to save yourself.

You can get RE0, and REmake (1), Eternal Darkness, Luigi's Mansion, Skies of Arcadia, Ikaruga, both Metroids ( you should try them, but if you don't, it's a lesser sin than smash), and many more actualy.

I like mgs games (finished playing 2 and 3) and I never played the first one (well I played it at someone else's house but that was like for 10 anyway) so I'm thinking of getting MGS: TT. good decision?

Hell yeah, it's a great decision! I also played MGS for the first time on the Cube and I loved every minute of it. Get it.

I would also recomend Resident Evil Remake, Resident Evil 4 and.... Metroid Prime. :grin: If you say you don't like Metroid Prime, you're wrong.:grin:

You can't own a Gamecube without Smash Bros.....it's just not right.

Marvel VS. Capcom 2 is complete PANTS compared to Smash Bros.

Ok I'm thinking of getting Eternal Darkness ... alittle more info on this game would be nice. :)

It's not as good as smash bros :laughing:

Eternal Darkness has a great story line, amazing sound, and a great atmosphere. Combats a bit pants, but generally not really that much of a problem.

You should also get Monkey Ball (1 not 2), Soul Calibur II, Chibi Robo, and both Pikmin games are superb.

That statement is just so wrong smoke started comming out of monitor.

May I recommend Timesplitters 2 - you may have on another format anyway, but if you haven't there it is.

F-Zero is an absolute must-have. Totally wipes the floor with Wipeout. Wario Ware is the ultimate party game, but if you must get Mario Party only get MP5. MArio Sunshine is superb, as is Metroid and the Pikmin games. Skies of Arcadia is also worth a spin, even if you don't like RPGs. Hitman 2 remains the best in the series so far in my opinion, and it's ludicrously high-action brother Freedom Fighter is boundless fun.

Phantasy Star Online is a must have if you have a couple of willing mates, even without any actual online mode.

I would also like to recommend Metal Arms - Glitch in the System. Definitly worth trawling for on Ebay. Barely anyone bought it, which is a damn shame as it's one of the best shooters on GC. Challenging, fabulous game.

I always wanted to get Metal Arms but everyone said it was a really hard game and I'm too rubbish.

I really must highlight Pikmin and it's sequel though. Even if it sounds crap and looks crap, it's amazing. Even if RTS isn't your thing. Get it. Or else.

Agreed. With SSB huge cast of fighters, it would be a shame if they didnt add some kind of tag team/cheap shot mode.

Sign in to follow this