NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Whizkid

Favourite video game music

I know this may have been done before but I was wondering what game has the best soundtrack

Mine would be metal gear solid 3 the opening theme by Cynthia Harrell really sets the mood of the game

The Legend of Zelda series as a whole, but the ones that really stand out are Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker.

Big Blue on F-Zero is great. Saria's Song from Zelda is really good too. I love Zelda's Lullably and the song when you're in the big field on OOT.

athlete theme from super mario world,Mute city from f-zero snes

super metroid,metroid fusion,metroid prime

and the entire thunder 4 game for megadrive.Awsome

worst music ever?:Sonic rush and metroid prime hunters

The extended version of Zelda's lullaby that is playing when Zelda returns Link back to his time, in OoT :love:

Big Blue on F-Zero is great. Saria's Song from Zelda is really good too. I love Zelda's Lullably and the song when you're in the big field on OOT.

Big Blue is a great track, F-Zero GX totally blew it though, with all the shitty techno. Zelda music isnt that great in general tbh though, with the big exception being Dragon Roost Island from WW which was absolutely brilliant.

Best videogame music of all time is inarguably Yasunosi Mistuda's Chrono Trigger soundtrack, some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard and undoubtedly the best most enduring piece of videogaming greatness ever concieved.

Other notable mentions go to the Final Fantasy series, and RPG's in general actually.

I didn't pay too much attention to game music actually but recently I start to notice it more and more.

Zelda of course has a superb soundtrack as well as Starfox 64 aka LylatWars, Battalion Wars and Phoenix Wright which is my favorite.

I also liked quite a few tracks from both C&C Tiberium titles and trailer soundtrack of the upcoming one sound pretty good too.

THis thread already exists somewhere in retro doesn't it?

Yeah, but I'm assuming that one only applies to Retro games.

jet set radioooooooooooooooooo

Future! :P

EDIT: In all seriousness though... Rez. By miles.

Those Who Fight Further - Black Mages

(Boss theme tune from Final Fantasy VII)

Battle of Jecht from FFX is amazing.

Beginning theme of Wind Waker is very good too.

Those Who Fight Further - Black Mages

(Boss theme tune from Final Fantasy VII)

Beginning theme of Wind Waker is very good too.

Those two are so fucking awesome it's unbelievable. Need to get the WW opening.

Also: I learnt to play Those Who Fight Further on guitar, including all the keyboard solos.

to repeat what i said in meangingless posts!

sega sucks at music lately.Sonic rush is awful,monkey is annoying at best and f-zero gx is disappointing

But they had such good classics as golden axe streets of rage,sonic 2 and 3 and cd and outrun.its a pity it has gone downhill

Final Fantasy. Mainly ff7 which has stuff like one winged angel which totally owns. Zelda and f zero (big blue and fire field) are also amazing.

sega sucks at music lately.Sonic rush is awful,monkey is annoying at best and f-zero gx is disappointing

I have to disagree with everything you just said. Anyone with me?

Shadow of the Colossus and the Shenmue soundtracks are probably two of the best over recent years.

OOT was miles ahead for its time aswell. And Jet Set Radio is just well funky, so that also deserves a mention.

No. Not now, not ever, is that clear Dorothy?

In fact, thinking about it, sega have also sucked at games lately, which is kind of worrying.

Me, because what he said was wrong.

I also like the soundtrack from GTA Vice City.

Is that the one with V rock on it, with Peace Sells by Megadeth and Reign in Blood by Slaye?

Sign in to follow this