NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Goron_3

No Resi Wii?

Oh shut up. All of you.

There'll be a Resi for the Wii. It just needs time and a succesful Wii.

Everything I've read, including quotes from a Microsoft spokesperson, say the exclusivity lasts 12 months. So according to that the PS3 will not have Fifa 07 or Pro Evo 6 until at least this time next year.

Offtopic: Yeah it is indeed a 12 month exclusive deal - but for my defence at 1:00pm a Microsoft spokesperson said it will be only exclusive until christmas 2006. Two hours later they corrected that to 12 months again.

A EA SPORTS spokesman said that Fifa 2007 would be released next year to PS3... and they just can't ship it to stores in october/november 2007... thats when Fifa 2008 will be released... So no 12 months xbox-only-fifa anyway... its just like at E3, when Microsoft announced that GTA would launch eksclusivly for the xbox360, but the (also during the E3 expo) Rockstar said that it would launch on both PS3 and Xbox360 by october 2007... so... :shakehead

I like Rsident Evil, but to be honest, I'm much more looking forward to Sadness so if it gets cancelled I won't be too annoyed. Plus I can still play Resi 4 on Wii!

Earlier this week, Pro-G interviewed Resident Evil 5 Producer Jun Takeuchi at the Games Convention 2006 in Leipzig, Germany. According to Pro-G, "Takeuchi also went all uncomfortable and apologetic when we asked him about Resident Evil Wii, saying he didn't know if there would be one. Although when we put our puppy-dog eyes on, he did at least concede that there might be a teensy chance of seeing such a game. We're taking that as a promise, and if we don't see a Resi [sic] Wii eventually we're going to call him up and cry down the phone."

The game's absence would contradict Capcom's official announcement made at E3 that "development of a new game in the Resident Evil franchise is underway for Nintendo's next-generation Wii system."

In order to clarify the fate of one of gaming's biggest franchises, The Wiire talked with Ben Le Rougetel, head of communications for Capcom Europe. Le Rougetel confirmed that Takenuchi was asked if Resident Evil 5 would be appearing on the Wii, and therefore his answer did not undermine Capcom's earlier announcement.

Resident Evil 5, currently in development for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, is the sequel to last year's GameCube Game of the Year, Resident Evil 4. Minoru Nakai, producer of Resident Evil: Deadly Silence on the Nintendo DS, previously confirmed his involvement in a Resident Evil project for the Wii.

TheWiire.

They are making REWii, don't you worry...

phew........i got panicky.i think we all over reacted there

...they've said several times they are making it, and Capcom likes Nintendo Consoles. Providing the Wii dosen't bomb, we'll get a REWii

You talking about me?

No..im talking about the whole crap that there wasnt going to be a Resi for the wii.

Theres a huge fanbase for resi games on Nintendo platforms, why would they back out now?

But hey, thats all in the past. They've confirmed theres a project going on.

I have a feeling that this Resi game is going to be highly dissapointing.

The spinoff games that the PS2 got were crap e.g. Outbreak and Dead Aim.

I have a feeling that this Resi game is going to be highly dissapointing.

The spinoff games that the PS2 got were crap e.g. Outbreak and Dead Aim.

Capcom arn't that stupid. After the success that was RE4 on the Cube, they will be careful to please Nintendo owning RE fans.

Even if the game is crap, if you can cut a zombie up with a chainsaw using the Wiimote, I'll be happy.:)

Resi Wii not dead!

Back in May, Capcom jumped on the Wii bandwagon by announcing a Resident Evil game was on the way for Nintendo's unique machine. Since then, we haven't heard anything more on the publisher's plans for Wii, but gamers wondered what was up when Pro-G published an interview where Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi apparently said a Wii version was unlikely.

Thankfully, the misstep was simply a miscommunications between Takeuchi and the website, as Capcom confirmed to The Wiire that Resident Evil Wii is very much alive and well; Takeuchi was instead referring to the possibility of Resident Evil 5 appearing on Wii. Considering the game's being designed from the ground up for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, the news isn't surprising.

Hopefully Resident Evil Wii's a little more than another installment in the mediocre light gun-influenced Dead Aim series, but until then, Wii fans can rest easy knowing something's coming.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3153205

4bfef16855csa8538ee0cfff88740832f_01.jpg

New REWii infomation from next issue of a japanese magazine which comes out on friday.

..if the pic to go along with that is anything to go by I'd put money on it being ANOTHER remake of RE1..

Takeuchi was instead referring to the possibility of Resident Evil 5 appearing on Wii.

Who was right, who was right? :)

See.

Capcom actually has seen the sales of RE4. Believe it or not.

..if the pic to go along with that is anything to go by I'd put money on it being ANOTHER remake of RE1..

As i said before, a remake of a RE 2 or 3 using the RE4 engine and wii controls is plausible but a RE1 or RE4 remake is out of the question IMO. They'r both too new.

Capcom arn't that stupid. After the success that was RE4 on the Cube, they will be careful to please Nintendo owning RE fans.

Even if the game is crap, if you can cut a zombie up with a chainsaw using the Wiimote, I'll be happy.:)

That wasn't a good reply, Resident Evil was very successful on the Playstation as well and they got shitty spin-offs while we got fantastic proper titles.

Now the PS3 and the 360 are getting a main title and we're getting a spinoff so the Wii title is most likely going to be a stinker.

voice actress Tara Platt is to voice Jill Valentine in the upcoming RE:Wii game. She confirmed to us that the game will feature zombies (or at the least, zombie-like enemies) and plant creatures, as well as a wide array of weaponry. The fact that Ms. Platt was aware of the weapons in the game infers that she is voicing a playable character and is not just doing a cameo.

Source: http://www.rehorror.net/thirdeye06/

After REmake, RE DS now another one with Jill again.

But as long is it's not another remake or enhancement I'll be happy with it.

someone posted the info that was in the japanese magazine game next ill still put rumor in front of it and becouse it was posted on the gamespot forums. ill take the rumor part away if its confirmed.

EDIT: "confirmed by magazine scan on next page"

Read this from a games magazine in HK today - its called Biohazard : Umbrella Corp Chronicles and fills in the story on Umbrella before and leading to BH4. Gameplay is a mix between using the Wiimote as a light gun and BH4 style elements e.g. action buttons pressing X for a dramatic scene. It features scenarios from BH1 (museum), BH2 (police station), BH3 (raccoon city), BHCV and BH4 (village) and ties in the gaps especially BHCV and BH4. Characters include Chris/Claire, Leon / Ada, Jill / Carlos, Rebecca, Hunk and Wesker . There are two gameplay modes - scenario mode and arcade mode. Proper announcement to be made by Capcom at TGS

Sign in to follow this