NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Goron_3

No Resi Wii?

It now looks like there will be NO Resi on the Wii, atleast for a while anyway... :(

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/23-08-2006-3466.html

"Takeuchi also went all uncomfortable and apologetic when we asked him about Resident Evil Wii, saying he didn't know if there would be one. Although when we put our puppy-dog eyes on, he did at least concede that there might be a teensy chance of seeing such a game. We're taking that as a promise, and if we don't see a Resi Wii eventually we're going to call him up and cry down the phone."

Oh No....this is terrible...Worst.News.Ever. I really hope this isn't true...I really, REALLY do, and maybe he was just saying it because it is currently on hold or something.

Oh No....this is terrible...Worst.News.Ever. I really hope this isn't true...I really, REALLY do, and maybe he was just saying it because it is currently on hold or something.

Probably simply bluffing or lost in translation. I mean, he could have understood that interviewer asked about Resident Evil 5, which is clearly not going to be on Wii. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo / Capcom is saving "ammo" for TGS, even though they don't have official presence there.

I will KILL Capcom if this is true.

Whose with me?

No, i think resident evil 5 is good enough for me.

It is never good enough:cry:

gonna have to buy a bloody XBOX 360 now:cry: :cry: *my wallet cries*:cry: :cry:

if this is true im gettin a 360 (was gunna get one anyway but not missing out on resi)

"The next-generation console Wii is garnering much attention with its groundbreaking new controller. The new Resident Evil game for the console will combine the series' intense gaming experience and atmosphere with the revolutionary control system of the Wii," Capcom said in an official statement.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/706/706951p1.html

Resident Evil, the Survival Horror King, is coming to Nintendo's Wii™!

Capcom Co., Ltd. is pleased to announce that the development of a new game in the Resident Evil franchise is underway for Nintendo's next-generation Wii system.

The Resident Evil series, which began in 1996, has helped to propel the survival horror genre into the mainstream. The series has shipped over 30 million units (as of March 31st, 2006) and continues to entertain fans worldwide.

The intense story and cutting-edge graphics have combined to create a deep gaming world that has even been expanded into non-gaming media such as the Hollywood movie series of Resident Evil and Resident Evil: Apocalypse, each earning over 100 million dollars at the box-office. The most recent game in the series, Resident Evil 4, has been honored with the Award of Excellence at the 9th CESA Game Awards and the Game of the Year Award at the 1st Famitsu Awards, further demonstrating the worldwide recognition of the game's top-notch quality.

The next-generation console Wii is garnering much attention with its groundbreaking new controller. The new Resident Evil game for the console will combine the series' intense gaming experience and atmosphere with the revolutionary control system of the Wii.

As always, Capcom will continue to strive to produce great new game titles and expand its appeal to a broader audience across the globe.

About Capcom

As a worldwide leader in the gaming industry, Capcom is on the forefront of this new cutting-edge technology, and is proud to have produced a number of hit products such as Mega Man, Street Fighter, Onimusha, Devil May Cry and Resident Evil. Capcom will continue to provide customers with the best possible forms of innovative entertainment in this new and exciting media.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/nintendo/resident-evil-announced-for-wii-172746.php

Don't worry.

Agreed. Not too bothered if Wii gets a Resi or not.

Of course it will be good if it did, but if Resident Evil 5 is better then 4, i don't need a Wii version for now!

EDIT: Has a Wii Resi been announced? lol. OK...well thats good news for the Wii! Lets hope it's like Resident Evil 4 and not like survivor.

I think there will be one, Capcom like Nintendo, and they made Minish Cap which is a great Zelda game.

its it ONE third party game im not missing out on its a resident evil game...even *dreads* was a PS3 excluive id have to get just for that game i love res evil that much

Well I'm guessing we're just going to have to wait until the 14th Sept, and hope that Nintendo show it there :D

Well... im probably going to buy a PS3 sometime next year, to play games like Resident Evil 5, GTA 4, Metal Gear and Fifa 07... but a Resident Evil 4 style game with intuitive Wii controls might just be better than a high-res-fantastic-grafix-ps3/xbox360-game!!!

But since I'm as big as a Nintendofan one can be (er, that didn't come out right :idea: ) I just love Nintendo exclusive titles!

Anyway, Resident Evil is great, offcause, but I'm mostly into the more Nintedoish style games :D please make Pilot Wings Wii... hehe :santa:

Well... im probably going to buy a PS3 sometime next year, to play games like Resident Evil 5, GTA 4, Metal Gear and Fifa 07.

Why don't you just buy a 360 :love: ?

Metal Gear probably won't come out until 2008

Well... im probably going to buy a PS3 sometime next year, to play games like Resident Evil 5, GTA 4, Metal Gear and Fifa 07... but a Resident Evil 4 style game with intuitive Wii controls might just be better than a high-res-fantastic-grafix-ps3/xbox360-game!!!

But since I'm as big as a Nintendofan one can be (er, that didn't come out right :idea: ) I just love Nintendo exclusive titles!

Anyway, Resident Evil is great, offcause, but I'm mostly into the more Nintedoish style games :D please make Pilot Wings Wii... hehe :santa:

you're going to buy a ps3 for FIFA!........FIFA!? Of all games FIFA!?

U can even play that on an n gage!....ok bot the new one but still.I am a believer that mgs4 will eventually come out on 360 though

Well Capcom could cancel Resident Evil Wii but they need money - a lot of money. So I doubt they would just skip a huge seller for the Wii just for unknown reasons.

As long as they use the RE 4 engine and don't turn it into a mindless arcade shooter I am more than happy.

Oh well, re5 will never be as good as re4 anyway, so any next gen resi is gonna be a disappointment for me.

Well... im probably going to buy a PS3 sometime next year, to play games like Resident Evil 5, GTA 4, Metal Gear and Fifa 07... ...

Fifa 07? You'll be waiting a long time then. 07 isn't coming to the wiz bang PS3.

Not so much a loss. But the PS3 is that little bit less wiz bang.

Well... Ok, maybe Fifa07 isn't the game that makes my day :grin:

I will probably buy the PS3 instead of the xbox360 becuase of the bluray player, linux support (to make that ps3 a HD media-center-device) 1080p, and, let face it, a slightly better performance...

But Hi, I might not get either!

I had a xbox360 (for a day) but returned because it was so noisy and made a ching-ching-sound when choken, maybe it had a lose screw :hmm:

Anyway, im not going to get a second consol (Wii will ofcause be my number one) till sometime next year, or maybe not untill 2008 (it depends on wether or not I'm going to study abord, in Japan or the US)... alot of things will be different by then, so...

Maybe I'll go for the Wii60 setup... nothing is for sure!

Resident Evil Wii will be developed by Capcom but I think they concentrate first on other games for the Wii. RE5 is scheduled for early 2008 if I remember correct - now take the RE4 engine for the Gamecube and improve it a little bit and take 2 years to make another great game and you have Resident Evil Wii. It will just take time that is all.

Yeah PES and Fifa07 are timed exclusives ... for this year. 01.01.07 and EA can sell Fifa07 on the PS3 or the Wii. MS keynote was not quite clear - a press release now shows that it only says "... exclusive for this year". So PES fans in US/EU have to wait until early 2007 to get it for the PS3 - and japanese fans simply wait a few months to get the new Winning Eleven.

Yeah PES and Fifa07 are timed exclusives ... for this year. 01.01.07 and EA can sell Fifa07 on the PS3 or the Wii. MS keynote was not quite clear - a press release now shows that it only says "... exclusive for this year". So PES fans in US/EU have to wait until early 2007 to get it for the PS3 - and japanese fans simply wait a few months to get the new Winning Eleven.

Everything I've read, including quotes from a Microsoft spokesperson, say the exclusivity lasts 12 months. So according to that the PS3 will not have Fifa 07 or Pro Evo 6 until at least this time next year.

Sign in to follow this