NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

Told you it was close :p

Shame I couldn't remember it. But yes, rejoice in its closeness.

lol yeah Ashley you did.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to this, it has been really fun having the DS Pro Evo and Winning Eleven League that I've organized on the online boards, but this will get a lot more exposure as it will be far more popular I think.

Does this have Miis? It had better - can't be bothered running a soulless identi-eleven of mushrooms around, no matter how obnoxiously cute they may be.

Anyway I'm really looking forward to this, it has been really fun having the DS Pro Evo and Winning Eleven League that I've organized on the online boards, but this will get a lot more exposure as it will be far more popular I think.

It will be popular, you bet! I'm allready excited about getting this on release day, and I don't have any intrest in football whatsoever. The fact that it simply has online play with just, tempt many people to buy it I belive.

Does this have Miis? It had better - can't be bothered running a soulless identi-eleven of mushrooms around, no matter how obnoxiously cute they may be.

I'm not 100% certain, but i'm going to say 'no' it doesn't use Miis, sadly.

The game will be a huge hit in the UK, i hate football but loved Mario Smash Football....so it will be gather a huge fanbase as:

1) Wii is majorly popular

2) I thas Mario in it

3) It's a football game!

Even though i'm not a huge fan of getting sports games,i'm getting this because it will be fun and it's online.

Can't wait,only next month till our first online Wii game :D

And before the US,which is great.Can't wait for Pokemon and BWii which will follow shortly(hopefully)

Ah yes sorry about that, kinda misread the question.

It won't have Mii's on the pitch, but your Mii will apear next to your team on the League.

Not sure if I remember correctly from the video's but I think you can mix and match your team mates. ie two toads and one koopa. I only played the GC version briefly so I don't know if you could do that before anyway.

Would be a nice treat even if they put Mii's in the crowd or working the cameras.

Pitty it looks no diffrent to the cube version.

And thread went so long without someone bringing up the graphics.

And I must also add that you have either not played or seen the Cube version or not seen the videos for the Wii version. Are the grpahics I giant leap forward? No. Are they better? Clearly!

I aint played MArio Football on the cube, but all im going off is how much better Galaxy looks.

I do agree with you Caris, but there is a flip side to the coin. To be honest it doesn't really rely on graphics that much, its fast frantic fun, so you can only appreciate it so much. It is going to sell by the shed loads so will always be popular online- I'd also bet that we won't see either Pokemon of BWii this side of summer, (although Pokemon may come out before summer) to give Mario Charged a clear run at the online arena, think if somebody wants an online Wii game over the summer I think Nintendo would much rather everyone is buying this low development cost game and hold back on the other games until its online activity starts to dip.

Nintendo know what they are doing, the original cube version came late in the consoles life and as such people may have not picked up on it, I for instance knew it was coming out but had long become disillusioned with the cube so didn't get it. So they have given it some extra modes and slapped it out, and it feels a gap in the release schedule very nicely for very low cost.

From the eurogamer link above:

Most excitingly, it will be possible for two players on a single Wii to play on the same team against two players on another Wii connected to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection network.

Sounds awesome, I used to play Mario Strikers on the Cube in co-op with me German chum. It would be great to play it online to spice things up even more! I had some four player 2v2 games on the Cube too, and it was great fun. Pro Evo nor ISS just dont work so well if theres more than one human player in a team.

So has it been confirmed whether or not there will be a friend code for this game?

So has it been confirmed whether or not there will be a friend code for this game?

I think that is the one bit of info that is missing...but I'd put money on it using them for friend battles, but maybe for the ranked games not so...like in Starfox Command.

Can anyone copy and paste the details here for me? The link doesn't seem to be working on my end. :(

hmmm odd I was all ready to jump to my favourite mods rescue and the link won't work for me either, odd was before!

Wow,awesome news about 2 people playing on the Wii for online,I have to say that I am really happy with that,I praise Nintendo for doing that.Oh how I wish BWii will be the same.I'm getting hyped up for this now.

You guys better have a math with me ;)

Wow,awesome news about 2 people playing on the Wii for online,I have to say that I am really happy with that,I praise Nintendo for doing that.Oh how I wish BWii will be the same.I'm getting hyped up for this now.

You guys better have a math with me ;)

Yeah I do some maths with you, maybe fit in Mario Strikers aswell...

Yeah I do some maths with you, maybe fit in Mario Strikers aswell...

*Hits himself with keyboard*

Yea maths is a bitch at times*,but yea a game of strikers wouldn't go amiss

*I meant "match" honest...

It's typical...new info, and the site goes down.

Does anyone remember what eurogamer said, about from the 2 person to a Wii can go online thing?

I need detaiiils.