NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

I think it will probably be more like the ones on Pro Evo, where you getting a ranking and points but you never know, just if having a league online, it does rely on everyone actually playing...but then again if you can set up a friends league that would be pretty neat.

When is the release date for this game? I can remember Nintendo rep saying what it was and I thought "Christ thats sooner than I expected" but can't remember when. The next few months...think before Mario Party (which is July now is it not? Or June...)

I think it will probably be more like the ones on Pro Evo, where you getting a ranking and points but you never know, just if having a league online, it does rely on everyone actually playing...but then again if you can set up a friends league that would be pretty neat.

So, sorta like a global ladder?

That's pretty cool.

Well its 9th June in Australia I think don't think we have a date....

Hmm he did definatly tell me a date, and show it me on his laptop. I should start paying more attention...

I'm going for June 15th, or earlier in June. I can't see Australia getting a online Wii game weeks prior to the rest of Europe, when techinally Australia are PAL...so i would expect it around the same-time!

But isnt Australia a different kind of pal?

Hardly. All they miss is the French translation in their games and I don't see why that would be a problem :heh:

European Wiis should play Aussie games no problem. I expect the online gameplay would suffer from a lot of ping however.

NOE have just released the date in Europe and its:

MAY 25TH 2007!

So, we're getting Mario Strikers before Super Paper Mario.

How about changing the title of this thread to "Mario Strikers Charged - May 25th Online". Or something along those lines.

How about changing the title of this thread to "Mario Strikers Charged - May 25th Online". Or something along those lines.

Ask and thou shall recieve.

Woah that's soon. Good, although I'm not that keen on getting it myself, Wii needs decent games bad. And more importantly is the confirmatiom that it's online.

One of the many modes this game features is the multiplayer mode which can see up to four players in any one game (players must split between two teams). Players can also utilise Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection to take on players from across the globe! Multiplayer modes include Ranked mode where players can compete to climb up leaderboards and Unranked mode where they can quickly select and play friends.

Hopefully friend codes won't be required..

Awesome news, after Godfather this is without a doubt my next purchase. If it didn't have the online play I wouldn't have bothered, I had the very similar Sega Soccer Slam on the cube and the single player was a breeze and got completed within in a day, so the online will help add longevity without a doubt...

Hopefully friend codes won't be required..

Somewhere in Japan, Iwata is sat in his office reading that. And laughing.

I am the official n-europe wifi connect champion until my crown is taken

I am the official n-europe wifi connect champion until my crown is taken

You mean like this? *Yoink*

I'm not a football fan, so I doubt I'll be getting this, but I'm pleased to see it's out so early, and will have online support. Less than two months to go until all this Friends Code speculation is put to rest.

May 25th?! That's....so close. Damn.

Can't wait. Definitely getting this, in any way I can.

I'm not a football fan, so I doubt I'll be getting this, but I'm pleased to see it's out so early, and will have online support. Less than two months to go until all this Friends Code speculation is put to rest.

Yeah can't wait for all this speculation to end. From the sounds of the things it will be like Star Fox Command, friend games for fun and then the equivalent of Battle Royale for ranked matches. I do hope you can have friends leagues but I doubt Nintendo will host the thousands of leagues that would get set up. I'm also hoping they expand it further and incorporate the Diddy Kong style friends roster.

Of course I am basing this all on the premise that it will use friend codes which I now expect.

I drool upon the release date and online capabilities. Haha, we get online before the Americans!

May 25th? Oh man that's early. I need Super Paper Mario before then :sad: