NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

So that seems the latest (9th March 07).

Fact sheet that uwas pdated same day says that there is online support. But it didn't go to specifics. There us fair possibility that rep simply didn't know about online support, as it hasn't been something that would be advertised heavily on Nintendo's side.

Was the "representative" one of the people at the demo stands? Because they're probably hired for the day, and don't actually work for Nintendo themselvs.

Mario Strikers Charged

- Battle on the most unpredictable and hazard-filled pitches in the universe. New captain super abilities, sidekick skill-shots and charging the ball add a new level of depth to an already crazy soccer battle.

- Compete against friends and other strikers in online matches over Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection*.

- Flick the Wii Remote to slam foes into the walls. Playing as the goalie, point the Wii Remote at the screen to manually defend against Mega Strike kicks.

Launch Date: Summer 2007

ESRB: RP (Rating Pending)

Game Type: Sports

Players: 1-4

http://gonintendo.com/?p=14263

* Notice: They even went so far that they changed the wording instead of cut, copy and pasteing stuff from older fact sheet.

Can't wait for this to come out, seem as there is a lack of any serious football sim around. just wish they date Pokemon here so we can atleast know when afterwards we can expect this! Or even better just date this!

Was the "representative" one of the people at the demo stands? Because they're probably hired for the day, and don't actually work for Nintendo themselvs.

What the people demoing it at GDC?

If so they work in the "treehouse" at NOA HQ doing localisation/QA/ that kind of stuff.

closing summary from gamespot GDC Hands On, http://uk.gamespot.com/wii/sports/mariostrikerscharged/news.html?sid=6166968&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;2

The game currently lets up to four players play on one system, and when we asked about online support, we were told it was "undecided at this time." The two playable modes we were able to check out were domination mode, which was just a quickplay option, and road to the cup, where you'll take on teams of increasing difficulty in your quest to take home the trophy. There's no firm release date yet, but the game appears to be quite far along, even if we didn't see a whole lot of new content this time around.

bad news, doesn't seem it is as certain to have online play as we previously thought....

bad news, doesn't seem it is as certain to have online play as we previously thought....

Nintendo took the time to totally re-write the fact sheet for the game (which is as recent as those hands-on), and that specifically states online.

They probably asked someone who didn't know a lot about the game.

Nintendo took the time to totally re-write the fact sheet for the game (which is as recent as those hands-on), and that specifically states online.

They probably asked someone who didn't know a lot about the game.

Yeah i hear what your saying, its just the wording....but I still think and hope it will go online.

Well online decides whether I get it or not so it best be Nintendo or you've just lost a sale.

from that video it looks near on impossible to save mega strike shots, may as well not bother having the goalie trying to save them.

from that video it looks near on impossible to save mega strike shots, may as well not bother having the goalie trying to save them.

With practice, I think they could regularly be saved.

With practice, I think they could regularly be saved.

how can you say that when you have never played it?! From the video they seem so fast theres not a chance of saving them all, seems really jittery altho that could be player not pointing properly

Mario's first online Wii title to be released in Australia on June 7th for $99.95.

So Australia will be the 2nd place to get online with the Wii :P

Mario's first online Wii title to be released in Australia on June 7th for $99.95.

So Australia will be the 2nd place to get online with the Wii :P

Makes me think it isn't actually gonna be online...(something that has been commented on by some sites, who asked at GDC, where they were told it hadn't been confirmed) I thought Nintendo had confirmed Pokemon would be first online in all territories?Does Aus get this before Mario Strikers?

EDIT:

Wonder when we will see it here in europe? Wonder if this will work online here?

how can you say that when you have never played it?!

We can say the same to you.

We can say the same to you.

true, true, when I just read that I actually thought why did I write that, what do I know, I havn't played it!

- N-Zone got to play a few online matches with testers in Seattle that are working on ironing out any online kinks.

- There will be three types of matches: friendship, “regular”, and area specific matches. Area specific matches relate to the areas of the world, not the areas in the game. There will be a sort of “soccer season” sort of game, in which you earn points for matches you win. You have the chance to win achievements on this board, and your Mii will be shown through these boards to other online players.

- N-Zone asks if worldwide tournaments would be possible, to which Mr. Inglehart replies “That would be on Nintendo to do so. But technically it would be no problem.”

http://gonintendo.com/?p=15445

- N-Zone got to play a few online matches with testers in Seattle that are working on ironing out any online kinks.

- There will be three types of matches: friendship, “regularâ€, and area specific matches. Area specific matches relate to the areas of the world, not the areas in the game. There will be a sort of “soccer season†sort of game, in which you earn points for matches you win. You have the chance to win achievements on this board, and your Mii will be shown through these boards to other online players.

- N-Zone asks if worldwide tournaments would be possible, to which Mr. Inglehart replies “That would be on Nintendo to do so. But technically it would be no problem.â€

sounds awesome, now give us a release date!

- There will be three types of matches: friendship, “regularâ€, and area specific matches. Area specific matches relate to the areas of the world, not the areas in the game. There will be a sort of “soccer season†sort of game, in which you earn points for matches you win. You have the chance to win achievements on this board, and your Mii will be shown through these boards to other online players.

- N-Zone asks if worldwide tournaments would be possible, to which Mr. Inglehart replies “That would be on Nintendo to do so. But technically it would be no problem.â€

So, like an online Premier League?

Have I misread that, or is that what you lot are thinking, too?