NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

i thought one of the reasons the smaller discs were faster loading was becasue the laser mecahnisms could move from the start to the end quicker because of the shorter distance to move to different potions of the disc and so faster access times? The spin speed is another factor.

I think i am just guessing here but it sounds plausibel

i thought one of the reasons the smaller discs were faster loading was becasue the laser mecahnisms could move from the start to the end quicker because of the shorter distance to move to different potions of the disc and so faster access times? The spin speed is another factor.

I think i am just guessing here but it sounds plausibel

That can be right, but the fact that the DVD is bigger doesn't necessarily mean that the game will take more than +/- 1,5GB, so the laser doesn't have to move further than a standard gamecube game.

why is peach better than mario?

Because she's on steroids.

Maybe Mario is American. The original game had Soccer in the name, whatever that is.

Yeah...I hate that on games...Especially on Starfox Assault.

Why do people keep going on about graphics on uncomplete games using the same engine as their GC prequels?!?! :wtf:

Maybe Mario is American. The original game had Soccer in the name, whatever that is.

Mario is european!! That should make him the best character in every game imaginable!

Wow, there is a huge number of audience watching the game in this VIDEO.

Yeah, i noticed that too. It's like it's the football match of the millenium.

I really like the overall style of this game. The huge crowd, the cracked arena, the electric grid and all the violence in the field, the no reason badass characters.

Mario is always the "average" character, with everything set to the middle point. I'm surprised that Peach's ends up with a higher average, though, since most games use the whole "start with average, +1 to x, -1 to y" type of system to keep things balanced. Maybe they figure passing isn't as important as shooting, especially for the star character.

I'm disappointed by the lack of "power" or "fatigue" rating on characters. I think it would be funny to beat Peach down to the point where she could hardly hobble around for the rest of the game. I guess I'll have to be content with hearing her scream as I pound her into the electric fence.

From a video here, it looks like Boo is a supporting character, as well as a toadstool, dry bones, a koopa trooper and four others, so that means the silhouette we see in the main characters is definitely not Boo. Anyway, it shows Peach and Mario entering the field to battle it out. No scoring, though, as much as I'd like to see Mario score. IGN has a video with Mario scoring, but it doesn't involve the princess.

Nintendo Australia's shceduled the first online-enabled Wii game for Australia.

Same probably for Europe. It's quite logical actually. It's going to take some time before D/P will be localized and there isn't any reason to release PBR here before D/P. Oh well, at least Nintendo is this time willing to shuffle releases around so that every region has something to wait for.

pitch is smaller in the wii one i think.

also who says that this is online??

Wasn't online for this game confirmed since E3 2006?
Wasn't it announced at the TGS? Either way we have confirmation for online play for quite some time now. Hope this one or BWii launches the Wii's own online system.

http://wii.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=9133

When the game was first announced last August, online play was touted as one of the game most innovative options. However, when we asked fellow Nintendo representatives regarding that particular feature, we were told that it was “undecided.” .

So that seems the latest (9th March 07). Nintendo seem to have stopped talking about online, metroid etc. So I have no confidence in them. Online is the only reason to buy this game for me.

Pokemon has been touted as the first online game in all territories. So with the imminent release, it looks like nintendo have screwed us again. :(