NEurope
EchoDesiato

Mario Strikers Charged Football

I don't really consider myself a novice as I can, in the majority of matches, beat the 'cheap/hidden depth' tactics (barring the constant Dry Bones barrage) , but I just don't really consider those matches to be particular fun.

In all likelihood , I was probably pre-disposed to disliking this game anyway so in that respect I have got more enjoyment out of it than I thought I would.

Just wondering...

What are the exact conditons for fouling a player, thus giving them an item? How can it be avoided?

Just wondering...

What are the exact conditons for fouling a player, thus giving them an item? How can it be avoided?

When you hit a player that DOESN'T have the ball at the time, he gets an item. It doesn't matter if you use a regular steal or a big hit.

When you hit a player that DOESN'T have the ball at the time, he gets an item. It doesn't matter if you use a regular steal or a big hit.

I'm sure it doesn't matter if you hit them when they've just passed the ball.

I'm sure it doesn't matter if you hit them when they've just passed the ball.

That might perfectly well be so. I haven't really checked it.

Was trying to think of a new video for my youtube channel and thought why not record an online game of Strikers and maybe add a comentary to it.

So i did, and not only did i (IMO) get a good game to show off i also got to make an example of a spammer, mwahahahahahahaha

Was trying to think of a new video for my youtube channel and thought why not record an online game of Strikers and maybe add a comentary to it.

So i did, and not only did i (IMO) get a good game to show off i also got to make an example of a spammer, mwahahahahahahaha

Neat idea :) and a pretty cool commentary too. But you should of had played someone off the forum :heh:

Neat idea :) and a pretty cool commentary too. But you should of had played someone off the forum :heh:

It was a spurr of the moment thing, and i was kinda hoping to get a spammer (that i could beat) too, so kinda worked out... if there's a good response to the video on my channel i was thinking i might make a future video from one of the matches in the new Strikers League (season 2, check the online board)

Served that spammer right lol How pissed was he with the last game lol :yay:

We are looking for more people to join the tournament if anyone is interested?

I guess the only people that read the tournament thread are the ones who participate, so I post this here.

We are looking for more people to join the tournament if anyone is interested?

I guess the only people that read the tournament thread are the ones who participate, so I post this here.

Is it a proper tournament or a league sort of thing?

I haven't been on the online boards since the last Tournament.

We have leagues. Those who want to join start in league 2. Bottom two in league 1 drop down and top two in league 2 go up after each season. I think it works better than the first tournament, you get to play a lot more matches and even if you lose a match you can still play.

We have leagues. Those who want to join start in league 2. Bottom two in league 1 drop down and top two in league 2 go up after each season. I think it works better than the first tournament, you get to play a lot more matches and even if you lose a match you can still play.

I'll consider joining in but I need to practice a bit first since i've probably gotten worse. Would be fun though.

It almost seems a shame that the last post in this thread was nearly 5 years ago, but I guess that's just the way things go :heh: Does anyone ever get this on from time to time?

I decided to put it on today for the first time in ages and went directly online without any practice.. probably not the best idea, but it turned out fine :indeed:

I played against 2 different opponents (and actually won all 4 games :awesome:) but it was disappointing to see how one-dimensional their play was with no variety in attack whatsoever :hmm: Thankfully, these things are predicatable and easy to overcome but it did make me miss some of those awesome battles we had amongst the forum members back when the game came out..

It was great to see that Mario Strikers: Charged Football is still good fun to play, though :hehe:

We attempted to get a tournament going not too long ago but nothing came of it :(

I do miss warping through the keeper as Boo about 40 times a match.

And I do miss Psycho Bitch Daisy in this game.

It's been a long time since I played this, and that will probably stay that way, because o' the ol' backlog.

I still play it every now and again. There's still a good amount of people playing it online (though it seems that everyone is godly at this game now! - Everyone seems to be able to do that BS long shot straight into the goal except for me :cry:)

I do miss warping through the keeper as Boo about 40 times a match.

I can't stop myself from doing this. Way too much fun!

I stupidly traded this gem in a while back to save some money when getting a new game (can't even remember now what game I was buying)

Had a sudden urge to play this and then remembered I nolonger have it.

Though it did remind me of this video comentary I made of an online game, 5 years ago now.

Damn that brings me back, haha

..it seems that everyone is godly at this game now!

It certainly isn't everyone considering the 'quality' of the opposition I played yesterday :indeed:

It's a quality game :hehe: It's just a shame that I could never get my friends to embrace it as it could have provided some great multiplayer fun over the last few years..

It certainly isn't everyone considering the 'quality' of the opposition I played yesterday :indeed:

It's a quality game :hehe: It's just a shame that I could never get my friends to embrace it as it could have provided some great multiplayer fun over the last few years..

Yeah no doubt. It's probably my favourite online multiplayer console game (aside from Monster Hunter Tri) and easily one of the most underrated games of this generation!

Just a shame that the online play is region locked ( I have the US version), would love to organise a few games with you guys! (maybe I should go ahead and pick up the UK version now that I have a UK Wii as well, it's dirt cheap now!)

Edited by Dcubed

This really is a quality game. Very accessible. I'll have to put it on again soon and see if I'm any good at it.

The only thing I dislike about the game is the multi-strike...goal..thing. Forgotten what it's called. It just seems like a cheap way to get extra goals, whereas the game seems much more fun without it.

This really is a quality game. Very accessible. I'll have to put it on again soon and see if I'm any good at it.

The only thing I dislike about the game is the multi-strike...goal..thing. Forgotten what it's called. It just seems like a cheap way to get extra goals, whereas the game seems much more fun without it.

It's really hard to pull off well though. It's hard enough to get into a good enough position to use your mega strike and if you get anything worse than at least a green on the speed meter, you're not scoring anything (in which case you'll still be lucky to score more than one goal)

The stars have to really align to get 6x goals at the fastest possible speed, but the payoff that usually nets you at least 5 goals is so good! :D

It also gives the Croc (keeper) a more active role when you block all of them with him.

This was the first online game for the Wii if I recall correctly, and boy did I play it to death and had some insanely intense matches with friends and later with some of you N-europers.

Quality stuff, a sequel would be nice, but with more characters á la Super Mario Sluggers.

It's really hard to pull off well though. It's hard enough to get into a good enough position to use your mega strike and if you get anything worse than at least a green on the speed meter, you're not scoring anything (in which case you'll still be lucky to score more than one goal)

The stars have to really align to get 6x goals at the fastest possible speed, but the payoff that usually nets you at least 5 goals is so good! :D

Whether it's hard to pull off or not, it just seems really out of place. The rest of the game does require some skill and is a really interesting take on the football genre. These megastrikes just seem to take it away from that focus and making it about...something else. It's just not needed. I'm trying to think of an equivalent in Mario Kart.